Selfish players using orbitals knowing you will kill other's

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Dec 24, 2021.

1. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

I’m sorry I am controller…It’s in my name to troll. I drop orbital, run and laugh at the chaos. Plus it’s really not hard to see the aoe and roll out.
    • Like x 1
  2. Eve YouTuber

I am pretty sure this wasn't on test when I ran it on test server because when I did the raid first time on live, I did it on my alt and used an orbital like I did on test. On test there was no feat connected to it or anything that indicate that I shouldn't use a orbital. When I realized my orbital vs Anti Monitor's Orbitals is one of the reasons we can't keep up with damage, I stopped using the orbital. But It wasn't something I was aware of due to it not being on test when I tested the raid with my team. So It was very confusing to me. Some people might be clueless, like I was. But yeah, some might be doing it on purpose which ruins the run for everyone with wipes. I don't use orbital in this fight anymore, so It's no issue. I haven't had anyone using orbital in my recent runs either.
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Quite presumptuous really.
    No mention of accidentally doing it out f habit or lack of knowledge?
    I mean, the only option must be chasing the scoreboard?
    Wow, how interesting
    • Like x 3
  4. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

How can you tell it isn't just ignorance of the instance mechanics?
    • Like x 1
  5. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Just ran it again on a alt and guess what someone dropped it twice and kill 3 players at the end. Now me I tell players not 2 doit and why but every time some uses it and it kills players. If your in any group I am in I always explain why not 2 and I type it so often that I literally only have to type plz and it brings up my hole explanation in my chat box since I play on a playstation. So no its not out of ignorance!!!
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You have no way of knowing whether someone is simultaneously reading the chat while in the middle of battle and trying to stay alive.

Now, sure, not paying attention to the chat is not ideal player behavior -- players should learn mechanics and should make sure they're in communication with the whole group, but people are imperfect, and making mistakes is hardly the same as deliberately trying to foul up other players. Being distracted in the middle of a battle from chat is entirely plausible. Certainly I've done it. Maybe you're perfect about always reading every bit of written chat while in battle, but most people are not.

Absent genuine Mental powers, you just aren't in a position to know what's going on in someone else's head. Can you criticize them for suboptimal playing? Sure! Can you criticize them for knowingly being selfish? No, you can't, because you're just guessing and assuming. Maybe you're right, but maybe you're wrong. You simply can't know, unless you're leaving crucial details out of your account.

Knowing the difference between an assumption and knowing is actually pretty darn important whether you're in a game or just in life.
    • Like x 1
  7. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Lol I know a simple fix.
    Have the boss One-Shot whoever called down the orbital strike. Problem solved. XD
    • Like x 1
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lets be real, if i dont know you, your a rando to me. You tellin me “dont use orbital” carries no weight or value. I find it difficult to believe you actually xplain (hopefully you do but i doubt it).
    Lets assume you do tho. Do the other 7 people respond they understand? How do you know they saw/read what u wrote?
    U are ASSUMING they are chasing an doing it to chase when most likely they just dont know. Your flaw here is 2 fold.
    1) your assuming they are chasing (assuming the worst smh)
    2) your assuming they see what u write (assuming ppl stopping to read after assuming they are chasing)

Sadly for you, bith ur flaws in logic work aginst each other and its likely both cant be true at once AND its more likely that neither is true.
    Best of luck tho. You keep assuming :)
    • Like x 2
  9. CandySlinger Active Player

Would love to see the developers get some of the other artifacts in on the fun of this mechanic. Let's see an AOE counter to all heat vision attacks, or a penalty for using soder, or invert all buffs and debuffs into only penalizing the players. Heals and supercharged shields can attack the group, anything and everything to get equality across the board of the foolishness in thinking ranking up an artifact to max would be something you could benefit from .
    • Like x 2
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It'd be nice if we got more of a heads up when it comes to potentially confusing mechanics like this in episodes going out. Couldn't hurt for Martian Manhunter to say "hey Team, the Anti-Monitor has anti-orbitals, I just sensed this" etc etc. Ya know actual game storytelling for once? Anyhow this reminded me when we were spamming bounties in Patchwork Wonderverse and someone at Hydra requested we take off our orbitals and this Orion RPer guy shouts "MY ORBITAL WILL NOT BE DENIED" and we didn't finish the Hydra as a result. Fun times
    • Like x 4
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Gotta admire dedication to role-playing.

;)
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

That also doesn't take into account that *gasp* not everyone that plays speaks the same language...
    • Like x 3
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Wait wait wait……
    U mean everyone on the planet isint exactly like me an speaks like me and thinks like me….
    Mind blown :)
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

I'm not sure it's selfishness as much as ignorance.

For some content it's orbitals, for others don't use pets.

It's not any single mechanic, it's more that for that specific content you shouldn't use X or Y. Instead of complaining here that they shouldn't be used across the board, maybe just check that everyone knows a given mechanic in instance and give people a heads up if they don't know about it. Event PUGs not withstanding if someone doesn't read the chat and follow the group consensus then it's time to kick.
  15. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I have to put myself in the basket of ignorant ones - not until I read this thread did I realise there was an issue with using orbitals in the 'Sixth Dimension' raid (and the alert?), and I've done that raid (on Event level) a number of times.

Now I see there's an Elite feat for not using orbitals. Fine, no skin off my nose then. But apart from bits of conversation above, where exactly does it explain what one should or shouldn't do in any given operation and at what level? I prefer to know before going in, my attention to chat is okay but possibly delayed, and given the abbreviations people tend to use, meaning can be missed.
    Often seems to me it's a case of those who know, know, those who don't get crapped on.
    • Like x 1
  16. fm0987 Committed Player

It just seems like a silly mechanic to me, for regular anyway, our orbitals basically tickle the anti monitor, a sliver of hp if that, guess he really hates being tickled. But we are insta dead
  17. fm0987 Committed Player

I think it’s just the anti monitor (may be different in elite, idk), and idk if it even matters in the event version (you can re enter if you die anyway )
    • Like x 1
  18. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

Yes it can definitely be aggervatin when people are constantly using orbital on Monitor really the. Best thing to do if you can is just try to
    Run with league mostly that way you won’t have to run with many randoms even if you do at least majority of the group will already be filled with league mates :)
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

In event, don’t worry about it. In regular, no orbital’s against the anti monitor guy. Or be ready to roll out.

In elite: no supply drops once Lois joins the 1st fight. Before she comes in is fine. Superman fight, anything goes. Avatar looking guy, no supply drops unless timed right with his trident attack. Last fight, no orbitals. That’s pretty much it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

I've always found it weird, lazy, sadistic that any gaming company gives abilities and then makes those abilities pointless and/or useless.

Finally got that Orbital Strike you wanted and supporting arts up... LOL! Well guess work it now gets you killed!
    Finally got that stun resistance up? Yeah, well guess what it will never work and you will get stunned endlessly! LOL!
    Finally got that CR to 340 and all those feats so you have 500+ sp... Stat Clamp baby! LOL! Progression what progression!
    Finally got that elite gear after months of work well now its inferior with this lame update! LOL!

You get the idea. The most baffling to me is making a superhero game where you can have vast cosmic like powers able to take down multiverse beings and thanks to stat clamping some basic street thug mobs have become any kind of challenge let alone doing even doing any real damage. Sigh. I get the game play aspect but it really kills the feel and story. "Look out superman that street thug has a trash can lid" is literally where we are now. Weird, just weird.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2