Selfish players using orbitals knowing you will kill other's

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ArtemisWonderWoman7, Dec 24, 2021.

1. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

This has been getting on my nerves alot this week every time I run the new raid someone uses the orbital and kills a number of us just to get a little more damage at the end. Devs pls included who is doing this attack in the combat logs so this selfish player can get called out 4 this behavior when it happens plz
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Orbitals can kill other players too? Is that right?
    • Like x 1
  3. fm0987 Committed Player

It’s a “mechanic” in the raid I wish they’d stop using, someone uses an orbital and the boss ones shots everyone. Why should we be penalized for using orbitals
    • Like x 10
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The trick is to pop the orbital and immediately roll out of harm's way, leaving everyone dead and easy street your way to the top of the board. ;)
    • Like x 7
  5. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

The audacity!!!
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

This is something the developers add to mechanics so it stops the experience players from playing with the noob players. It's actually not a good idea to have these mechanics at all but that's just my opinion. These mechanics stop me from playing with people I don't know I would never pug this game anymore. In important to make an experienced group unfortunately due to stats revamp the game is much much harder than it should be
    • Like x 2
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Isn’t it also a feat to not use an orbital? *Obi-wan visible confusion*

I agree there should be a pop up for who dropped one. I still haven’t gotten that feat as well you know, someone drops one.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh, another one of these bosses. I guess I know where I can shove my lv200 Dead King’s Sceptor. :(
    • Like x 5
  9. myandria Item Storage

Heh, typical.

So, if everyone (or more than one player) dropped an orbital and moved out of the way, would that reset the aggro on the boss so it wouldn't attack anyone, or would that put aggro on the whole team and give every team member the one-shot deal so that no one gets the leaderboard advantage? (silly questions perhaps, but I am curious)

I've always had issues with orbitals; in my opinion, if a player drops an orbital THAT player should get and keep the full hate until a tank can pull the boss/mobs away again. That would make players think twice about using orbitals and perhaps coordinate better with their teammates about using one.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was a joke. And the tank doesn't lose aggro if someone uses an orbital, it's just a reflex mechanic.
    • Like x 3
  11. myandria Item Storage

Ah, understood.

I still think that using orbitals should take away that aggro away from the tank. They should be used as a distraction option if the tank is in trouble instead of dealing with a "reflex" mechanic if you hit the boss with one, in my opinion.
  12. Imaginos Dedicated Player

You know what would be good? An on screen indication that your oribal is causing a boss mechanic. Nothing to teach a newbie player that using an oribal on boss X is a bad idea and everyone has to learn as they go through content. This game is severely lacking in proper feedback to players in various levels of content.
    • Like x 3
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I paid source marks to level the orbital in my mainframe so I'm going to use it.
    • Like x 4
  14. Kestral Committed Player

I think it took 3 runs of this raid before someone actually mentioned that using orbitals is a problem. Granted maybe it's more obvious as you watch the fight. When I'm healing particularly in new content I'm watching health bars for 95% of the time and don't get to see much of what's going on.
    I'm still not quite sure what happens when you use a orbital, as people just complain when others do but not explain the why. Is it that the boss does a return orbital if you use one?
  15. Imaginos Dedicated Player

By the way did they change the mechanics in the Prime Battleground to punish use of pets/orbitals/henchmen?
  16. Controller Devoted Player

I lovingly bring this classic gif over from another thread.

[IMG]

To the players who do it ONE TIME because they don't know? You're forgiven. Hey - even "IF" you do it 2 or 3 more times because it's simply habit and it's hard to break?

I forgive you.

But those who are doing it to chase scoreboard or just being funny, lol?

You are my personal Khans.

Every LB in this raid is becoming like a foray into the Mutara Nebula.:D
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

What mechanic in Prime???

The reason you wouldn't use pets in Prime from what I remember is because Avatar of Tech would fly above the pets and pets would fly above them and he would go way up high.

It's been a while, but I really don't remember a mechanic in there.
    • Like x 1
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

mmmm, ok. pssst, a kombat secret.... is when the boss does a skull attack (skull shows up above the ************, the boss is not mobile for the skull attack.) When the Skull appear above the Boss.... is the right moment to use the orbital strike. still? probably. Oblivious fans want to know. Observant fans know. Pew Pew DPSers. No Pew Pewers, don't block. ever. DPS can effectively use orbital strike to do damage while blocking at those moments. :rolleyes:

I'm totally detached from the topic, is that aspect? I've not experienced it or acknowledged it happened... yet. That's more complex for me to observe when pug'n regular raid. I'll me moving about while all others stand still, is typical gameplay. Are console users unable to jump and move after casting abilities?
    • Like x 1
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've been saving the orbital strike to try to hit Batman who laughs when the robins spawn in the new alert.... I'm not sure, if it's from a moving tank or not, that the strike may not hit them all. oh, the raid topic.... is it a mechanic of mistiming? I used orbital strike against WV amazon block'n NPC and did damage without damaging me/us.

having played some hours of New World... sometimes the NPCs push me into a location where the NPC resets it's health from attacks that have inherent forward moments. is a bad kombat status. imho. The balance of character presence in a game.... i think i had a point....

In DCUO, I can corner an Orange Lantern npc against the lantern and I will not have to pick them up to place them in the lantern when i dps them to pick up status. DE ran into this issue with kombat, inherently moving forward kombat moves creates issues.....

oh ye high quality production and ....80s.... :oops: hey! it was breaking new ground! More access. Get a VHS camcorder go to town!

ORB strikes.... timed usage. advised. in all content. (without experience in elite, anything, mostly) is it an elite mechanic anywhere? *ponders as I heat up a chicken pot pie* Rule of thumb, don;t throw everything at the npc in the first 5 seconds, they tend to move.
  20. Menathron New Player

I pug every day & all content, including Elites. Ofc I do League runs, but I'd say the majority of my runs are pugs.

Ofc there are gonna be trolls, but I'd say barely a handful of the randos I've been involved with don't listen to advice or direction.

Everyone starts out inexperienced. I find joy & excitement in running with random heroes or villains, it makes the game interesting & unpredictable. And any knowledge given is hopefully paid forward. <3

That being said, I've also noticed many situations in which people do things accidentally, like they are distracted in a discord call, they have their chat tab watching a specific chat, etc. It's just a game, nothing serious.