Windows 11. Safe to use?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Rising, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Note sure if I want to jump onboard quite yet. Is it safe? i.e. no bugs/crashes?

Specifically for DCUO of course.
  2. Truvidien99 New Player

I've done the free upgrade to Win11 and haven't experienced any issues at all.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Microsoft have officially released the software, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be apart from the obvious issues that come with adopting a piece of software early on where bugs might still persist.

As for whether DCUO specifically might crash more on windows 11, I guess try it out man :D
  4. SpyderBite Active Player

I haven't had a problem with a new Windows release since Vista. And I've had no problems with DCUO since I upgraded on release day.

The only problem I have had is that Microsoft eliminated grouping apps in the Start Menu.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

A coworker of mine mentioned some issues with some games that use multi-threading more heavily causing a huge performance decrease in Windows 11. Microsoft released a patch that was supposed to help with that problem, but he barely noticed an improvement. That probably isn't an issue that will impact this game, but it is something to be aware of for people reading this thread. I'm personally waiting until Windows 11 has been out a bit longer before I switch.
    • Like x 1
  6. Swamarian Committed Player

I haven't had any issues. I miss the clock on my second monitor though.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have any reason to think windows 11 will have any negative effect on DCUO.

This is not an official confirmation or anything, but I have been upgraded for a while and haven't seen any issues while playing either.
    • Like x 4
  8. Quantum Rising Committed Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Is it secret?

Is it safe?

Oh, wait, sorry: wrong franchise.