How much?!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Sep 3, 2021.

1. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I don't personally have a issue with the price it is high true but they should absolutely be made account bound and if there passives or skills are broken and don't work properly then they shouldn't be sold to the customer especially at that price.

Doing so proves that money is more important and the customer should deal with it till it's fixed not to mention it's a dirty move and only erodes trust.
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

If you want it buy it. If you don't want it, then don't buy it. Having them isn't necessary for game play completion. The game is free to play now so they have to make up for the lost revenue so how. I know since Episode 41 has dropped I have not spent any $$$ on the game and I use spend alot.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I don’t mind buying it, but I’m not made of money.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have never been one who just had to buy that extra special mat or aura. All the money I spent went into buying replay badges and Seals of Completion, things that I could use to level up my toon. But now in certain content my investment has been restricted. Allies are knick-knacks, they aren't really needed. I can understand the desire to have Batman or Superman as an ally you can call in for help and then being confronted with a huge price tag. It makes you disappointed, angry, and maybe even a little bit bitter.

I feel the same way about the stat clamp :)
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I apologize for being bitter.
  6. Mckeith New Player

While I think the price point is high, I'm kinda glad they aren't that great tbh. With us getting the option for free seals and cyborg being the best ally, this game is f2p friendly enough for me and my friends to play. As it stands, I'll just consider the legendary cosmetics which I'm ok with the devs charging whatever as it doesn't give players that pay a advantage so a not a required purchase.
  7. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

I Warframe farming for prime weapons and frames are really "fast" because of two things:

1- You will farm with your relics and others
    2- If you don't get the part you want, you will get other prime parts, which you can sell for platinum and buy the part you are missing or even the whole frame.

Warframe is the best f2p game in the history of gaming as of now, DE is really generous.
  8. Redwingsrock New Player

My wife bought me the $67.50 allies pack for our anniversary. They are a nice extra, not much else.
    • Like x 1
  9. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I am not he or she, I am it.
    Some call it borg.
    [IMG]
    Others call it a vessel.
    from 2015
  10. C3alix Committed Player

The sad part is that the majority of people that are heavy complaining about it will either not buy them IF they're placed in the vendor, or they won't upgrade it at all. We constantly watch people complain about wanting stuff in this game faster and cheaper/free in these threads, and then follow up with "we don't need these to further our progression" by the same players.

Them: These should be in the vendors!
    Devs: ok. *Does that*
    Then: These are useless
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If they put Emperor Aquaman in the vendor I’ll totally buy him! I’ll upgrade him and love him and pet him and call him George!
    • Like x 3
  12. C3alix Committed Player

We're gonna have to talk.
    • Like x 1
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

• Like x 3
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I haven't replied in a while because I think the devs need to see everyone's feedback, and it's all valid (though the wallet probably speaks more).

That said, people saying that $25 is too much really need to think about the other format this system could have come in, and probably will come in if this current iteration doesn't work. Does anyone remember how many time capsules it takes to get the rare drop items in it?

How much would it cost if new legendary allies became that rare drop? And only a few people would get them. Would that be better or worse in your mind?
    • Like x 1
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why do they need so much money from us?
    • Like x 1
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Do you understand that by asking the question: why one or the other, you brought closer that version of the future where there will be both.... plus something even worse than these two options? :p.....:D:D
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

For development costs.

Did you think that switching over to a more "free" model was going to mean they were going to generate less revenue?

They were always making a large bulk of money via time capsules, artifacts, etc. Why would anyone expect that to change?

Shareholders always expect profits to go up, not down. They also have a very shortsighted point of view, so "in 5 years we'll make back the money from this change" doesn't work. When you take away one source of income, i.e., some subscriptions, there has to be a corresponding increase elsewhere.

So, they've basically analyzed how much money they would generate from putting allies as legendary drops in a time capsule, and said, "players wanted to buy things on the marketplace, so let's test that with this launch." They've set their price point. If players don't want to pay it, and the marketplace doesn't generate the revenue they need to meet, I can tell you what's not going to happen:

"We're going to lower the prices for Legendary allies." That's never going to happen. 0 chance. In fact, the strong outcry over this actually shows how much players WANT the items. Some are even complaining, not about the price, but about the fact that they're not powerful enough for the price.

What is going to happen? Either they will give up on the idea of allies (not likely) or put them behind the RNG mechanic that has driven sales so wonderfully for years. The same that gave us materials, chromas, accessories, and other rare drops. So now, anyone can get some chromas, but only a few people can get prized chromas, and they have to pay through the nose for them.
    • Like x 3
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm not telling you how to feel or what to do, of course. I'm not spending money on a membership, and I don't need to (or want to). But I can understand how someone paying for a membership might feel hurt that they're asked to spend over and above that. That's why I actually stopped subscribing years ago, when artifacts were released. They expected subscribers to pay for artifacts over and above the price of subscription. I'm so glad I stopped, honestly.

But how did most players react? Artifacts are awesome, we need more!!!! Breakthroughs are bad, but you can buy seals and they're only $5!

This is the natural progression of those ideas. And things aren't going to get better/cheaper.
    • Like x 2
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I never asked for any of this… the clamping, free-to-play model. The last week-and-a-half has been a nightmare. :(
    • Like x 4
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I know. I honestly think the entire direction of the game over the course of the pandemic has been almost insulting to the people who actually supported the game the most - subscribers. It's one thing to virtually make episodes free for nearly 2 years and ask your subscribers to keep paying every month, but at least they could have shown more appreciation in terms of "this episode is going to be completely free guys but we have some really special things for subscribers every month during this change."

Like, imagine how you would've felt if you got a Legendary ally for free, just once and just one per account, as a subscriber perk on launch of Omniverse. Maybe a special version of the Flash. Not as iconic as Aquaman or Diana or Batman, etc., but still legendary. Those things I think really would've made a difference in how people reacted to the changes. But many players were more interested in free seals of completion, so that's what we got, lol.
    • Like x 4