Stat clamp is going to ruin DCUO- Please reconsider making this go live

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JSnaples, Aug 11, 2021.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Thing is, damage out tends to be what a lot of people use as their metric for being/feeling powerful. It's one of the first scores looked at by those who live and die by the scoreboard. Even I use it to a degree in my testing. I don't use the damage out information when the scoreboard pops up but if I'm saying that enemies are melting pretty quickly then yeah, I am using damage output as a metric.

What you're describing could and probably would just be a version of god mode, just with nerfed damage. And nerfing damage while keeping all other stats intact probably wouldn't go over very well. At all.
    • Like x 2
  2. Walsall New Player

This addition to the game as clearly been in the works for sometime.

At this point i cannot see them stopping their plans to introduce state clamping. However, when it is released to the community then we will either see a massive backlash or acceptance.

Just to few people commenting on the subject.
    • Like x 2
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

the stat clamp isn't going to ruin the game, for me. forcing me to run old content as the only way to get marks is going to ruin the game. I'd already decided that I was probably going to continue paying my membership, anyway, because, you know, every little bit helps to keep the lights on, but why would I bother now? 11 ( that's ELEVEN ) of my toons are being kicked into the curb by the new system. why on earth would I pay money for that? both of my leagues are now entirely screwed. there's literally no way in Hull I'm gonna be able to maintain any useful level of prestige once the new system kicks in. I'm gutted.

but, you know, I'm just some whiny nobody on the forums. . .
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Exactly right, as I have said earlier, forums are a good tool to use as a gauge to how the general customer base will react to a change in a product or service. Just ask Apple =^_^=
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

We need a version of the Praetorium in all of its unskippable cut scene glory for an hour plus long run.
  6. Tess M3rcer Active Player

This reminds me of stats revamp. Most players were against it but eventually they adapted and this will be no different. I'm been around since day one and heard it all. This won't "kill" the game. It will make it better. Brute forcing everything doesn't take much skill. Learning the mechanic does. The point of leveling up toons in lower content is to learn the support roles. Just food for thought.
    • Like x 3
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

"Hey Roll! Whats the queue times for stat clamped Praetorium with unstoppable cut-scenes @9am in the morning?"

As explained in the patch notes published on the “Final Fantasy XIV” website, patch 4.2 does not allow players to skip the cutscenes in Castrum, Meridianum and Praetorium, and there are reasons behind this. First, Square Enix believes that by doing so, new players will get to enjoy the cutscenes in these dungeons. Then, the other reason is it easily increases the time required to complete the dungeons and consequently boosts the rewards that come with it.

The change wasn't for the endgame player, it was for the new player experience, just like they are doing here.

“To ensure new players are able to enjoy the cutscenes in Castrum, Meridianum and the Praetorium, all cutscenes in these dungeons can no longer be skipped,” Square Enix noted. “Because this will increase the time required to complete these dungeons, completion rewards and Duty Roulette bonuses for these duties have been increased.”

Yes, its makes it abit more boring, but new players get to experience the content on their first time. Rather then simply being along for the ride.
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I could be wrong, but I remember them rolling back on the overly aggressive stats revamp. I remember going back into War of Light duo as a high cr player and getting mopped over the floor by the Star Sapphire adds with my at level partner. We never did make it to the first boss. Days prior to the stats revamp this duo was a cake walk to me but in the days afterwards the game was nearly unplayable. The Devs scrambled to figure out what went wrong and eventually we got what we have now. I stuck with DCUO through it.

Will I be as patient or forgiving if EPISODE 41 goes wrong like stats revamp did at launch? Should I?
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

You were very lucky, my sister, me, and another new Free Company member (league mate for DCUO speak) qued for the Praetorium last night and it took 21 minutes for us to get into it. Just logging into the game I was #128 in the que. Oh my new league mate is a WoW refugee who is still just a sprout. It was his first experience with the Praetorium lol
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Not bad for content that been outdated for 7 years, eh? Omnibus is the daily queue system retrofitted in DCUO's way. Im not gonna pretend the first week or so of the change will be pretty, but players will adjust to the new way of playing (kinda like how players keep dueling each other in the HoD despite PvP being broken for many, many years)
    • Like x 3
  11. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

You didn't like the stats revamp because CR differential and AM's being removed right.
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I never understood AMs and that was another thing that I got yelled about, so AMs were no big loss to me. What I didn't like about the stats revamp was being made weaker that water, so weak that adds from several tiers below me mopped the floor with me. I was even weakened in end game content. I remember the stats revamp all too well. That's what got me & my sister interested in Final Fantasy 14. We were so close to leaving DCUO and never looking back.
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I think people who say 'I won't run old content' are going to surprised to find themselves spamming the easiest instants for marks or fate or whatever the new mandatory is. Sort of like LPvE grind feats.
    I see it like this:
    1) push new players to end-game at a fast pace.
    2) use needed rewards to force all players into the old content that new players 'skipped'.
    3) stat-clamp so that it's a bigger time sink and not trivial.
    • Like x 1
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

You mean this thing that about to happen? You are clamped in FF14, theirs no debating that.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

Ohhh WOW, really???? That explains a lot.
    The stats revamp was to make our SP and stats count.

Before stats revamp everything was basically based off of your gear (CR)& and the npc's CR. if you were the higher CR you were given bonuses based on the differences between you and yhe npc CR difference. As a matter of fact. With CR differential you would do more damage with a toon that had 100 SP and thousands less stats ( might, prec, power, healing etc...) than a toon that had 200 SP and thousands more stat points using the games CR differential system. Then add on AM's (1234 BOOM).
    Our stats didnt matter The only thing that mattered was CR. ALL GRINDING except for gear WAS FOR NOTHING. SP, league buffs, coler buffs, exobit farming etc was for nothing because all you needed was a higher CR because of the bonuses we received for having a higher CR.
    You could run the same instance with two different tiers gear and have a completely different outcome even though the lower CR had more SP, STATS, BUFFS etc.....

Here is an example running a CR 130 instance
    One set of gear @120 CR & using 300 SP using all mods & buffs
    All stats would have thousands more stats with lower CR toon

One set of gear @ 140CR & using 150 SP no mods or buffs

The 120 toon would get knocked out in less than 30 seconds
    The 140 toon could spam 1234 and take a nap while wiping the floor with every npc in the instance.

Then add on AM'S. Basically spamming 1234super charged attack.
    Damage numbers were through the roof and breaking the game. The numbers running through the instances built for 1000 & maybe 10,000 damage number sequences were all of a sudden having damage number sequences looking like 1,765,987+2,654,876+1,546,765+5123,675+3,123,768 being pushed through. It was breaking the instances. The numbers had to come down because the instances were being overloaded. Basically like you trying to play ps4 games on a ps2. It wont work because the PS2 is not built for it.
    That is also part of the reason for clamping stats. This way the Devs do not need another stats revamp or number squish in the future.

The stats revamp was suppose to keep another number squish from happening as fast but instead of doing what needed to be done. The devs listened to the ones screaming about not being powerful enough.
  16. Ibeji New Player

I have been in the game a very long time ago. Whether that means anything to you, or not, is definitely your choice. I left during GU36.

Being a veteran, there is a beefy amount of content as a whole for the game. Daybreak, slowing things down means you are not thinking about my time. I still have a life, and other games to play. I indeed like to rush through older content. However.....

I completely forgot how to play this game. As a returning player I do want to go back to the roots. Start all over. Learn the game. Now hear me out. As a returning noob player, all I will do is watch CR 300+ destroying everything. Some even gloat about their dps, or crap on mines. This is where reality slips.

A little banter is nice, but this is why I agree with the stat clamp. Not everyone really knows how to play. If you come to a zone that's on my CR level, then I 100% want skill to matter. The ultimate, I know what I am doing versus you being carried through dungeons and raids. And I want an emote of me snatching your gear and artifacts off of your character, and shout I did better than you. Thats just how I feel sometimes.

But seriously, just because you have the gear and cr doesn't mean you are contributing the full potential of having said gear and cr. This stat clamp will reveal a lot about everyone. The stats will reflect back on you. I am just saying, I welcome my reflection.

You can see not a lot of high end cr players are good in the raids and alerts. I wonder, how are you doing this bad? Surely you can improve.. I am not innocent to that statement either. And the kicker is that no one really helps anyone anymore. The community back then was hella helpful.

I have missed a lot of updates, and practice is the only way to get better. While solo's, duo's and open world is a start, I need to know how every zone works. And I need to learn how other powers changed, so I know how to adjust for my team and the returning world I want to return to. Or, I won't truly feel immersed and fit in and I won't stay. The game can't survive on its smaller community and making people feel powerful from the beginning, and make them really feel apart of a team to defeat a foe, seems much better then you all are noobs sit back and watch the environment while I got this. I have to wait for a dungeon to pop. Then I must wait on you clearing the alert/raid for me. Daybreak, make me feel like I matter too. This encourages even more competition.

What I am saying is this can benefit the community as a whole. I don't like using other guides I like to theorycraft too. I take input but I need a build that works for me. I get a chance to see how those abilities work and have a set of builds based on the people I played with, and the dungeons themselves. In this very sense alone, the stat clamp as a new player perspective isn't that bad. That new player feels useful and will learn the game more!

Back in the day, (No Man's Land stand up!) we use to pvp hardcore in open world and it got so crazy people would lagg out of the game. I genuinely feel the people back then enjoyed those times then currently. I left during GU36. Many of us did.

I really can't speak for everyone. But people like me dip into the game, play an alert, and leave. I don't feel useful to a team at all right now. I will never reach my peak when i get the BiS i need that way. Part of the turnoff the amount of different systems in the game. That package is pretty lame and boring. Why even play? It already takes years for a group to even start. Leagues are doing their own thing most of the time and just like IRL, most people don't care about your problems. They logged in for their reasons which is respectfully fair.

Honestly the subscription wasn't worth it anymore based on the crazy directions they were going. But update 41 has me intrigued. And for me being gone for so long I give my thumbs up to the stat clamp because I am looking at the overall update. It is almost absolutely perfect that i don't have to use renown on lower level content. I can keep leveling, getting gear, and comparing my progression against my peers at almost all times. That just means how good I can get at my class when I do catch back up, well that journey does play a major roll in me falling back in love with DCUO.

Plus the situation with WoW hurts to the core. Most went to Final Fantasy Online. I want to come back here. Almost good timing to me.
    • Like x 6
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yep, we call them WoW refugees in FF14 lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

I'm right there with you. I stopped playing a lot a little over two years ago and finally decided to stop paying and playing sub around a year ago.
    I'm patiently waiting for this update. If all of the instances end up being anything close to seasonal or event. I will not resub. I didnt grow up getting trophies for just showing up. We had to work and play hard.

What kills me are all of these," the devs are taking this from me." These players should have bern here for the implementation of CR relevancy. People were stripped of 10,000 of thousands of MoT's and replaced with 100MoV. Then told all lower content will not give you ANY in game currency. Now thats taking part of the game that you paid for from you.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Thank you for explaining this to me or at least trying to as I am still confused about all of that even now. It is really complex right. Like I said in an earlier post on another thread I think, I wanted to avoid the end game players during that time because they were all really mean to me. That's why I try to be nice to all lovwer than me now that I am a high cr player.

All I know is after the stats revamp I was as weak as water. I didn't like that and I hope never to have to repeat it.
  20. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

This ignores the "Undersized Party" Option.
    • Like x 1