Troll Debuff Build

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by lieutenant, Jul 5, 2021.

1. lieutenant Active Player

This thread is about the synergy between bop commlink, amulet of rao, and grimbor's chain.

These are all the benefits to running this particular artifact setup.
    Siphon weakness- scales off vit and grants you power to you and your group when you hit an enemy with all 3 debuffs.
    Amulet of Rao- strengthens the debuffs and spreads them to 7 other enemies.
    Grimbor's Chain- Slowing field( more community research needs to be done)
    Grimbor's laceration takes a percentage of the damage you deal and damages it again for that percentage.

My question to the community is.. How would you optimize the amount of damage the group does and the power you give to the group from attacks.
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If your goal was to optimize the groups damage than you would achieve that better by running rao, claw, and tetra. Both the claw and tetra allow the group to do more damage that what the chains can give. Even a Prec dps will do more damage with the tetra buff.

The commlink power out isn’t really that much even at 200. I personally use it but I use it in combination with the strategist since the com power ticks can crit they can proc the strategist power ticks. If you wanted to use the commlink by itself than it would be better as a way to save loadout space to add more things
    • Like x 4
  3. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Check the name :p it's the same guy from the troll art meta thread. He refuses to play a version of DCUO where that artifact combination isn't at the forefront of the game.
    • Like x 2
  4. Saint Nephew New Player

I'd like to throw a combo into this conversation.

Rao, Harness, Claw

Harness is basically a power dump everytime you use a debuff
    Claw turns your powerdump into a buff and increase the passive regen

I choose to spec Superpowered because of the regen when using a power

Not sure what power you are using, but most have debuffs that are "spamable".
    For me, i was gadgets with the set up above:

Everytime a debuff is applied, the group gets power, so you constantly throw debuffs.
    Since Claw makes your usual power dump a buff, you can clip it with anymove as it needs refreshing. The Vit% increase and the power regen increase are the bread and butter that i believe make this combo nice. The increase boosts your powerout every time you use a debuff. and the buffs to the rest of the team are a nice bonus

Make sure you are always applying a debuff, and you will alwasy be dishing out power.

This set up can easily be a "Battle Troll" depending on how you allocate you SP.
  5. Saint Nephew New Player

Many times have you entertained me, this is a first you have made me laugh, haha
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It's what players have used when they don't have COG and need to buff precision players. Perfectly viable for players that don't want to or cant drop the funds for a tetra/cog but had parasite left over from pure power troll days
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Actually I have to make 1 correction. The harness doesn’t actually give back any power (unless it changed from the last time I used it). It increases the over power pool of a player. For example, if I have 100k power pool than someone using the harness would increase that overall power pool. Not actually give me power to fill that power pool.
    • Like x 2
  8. lieutenant Active Player

This thread is about this build only. I know about the other builds already and ran them already. This is about this set up only. How to optimize THIS specific build. Screw everything else we already know about and let's elevate our thinking to newer ways we would've never imagined.
  9. lieutenant Active Player

listen dawg I done played that way already. You ain't in my room playing the game beside me so you have no clue what I do. I'm the goat and I do it all. I run your setup, my set, whoever set up it don't matter. I got money to experiment so that's what I'm gone do. Find you a life and stay off my post and I'll do the same for you. You crazy if you think ME of all people only play one way. Gone head and look in the mirror and leave
  10. lieutenant Active Player

How would you allocate your sp if you were going battle and what would be your loadout??
  11. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Harness relies on Vit stat.

For a battle troll, crits for both troll and dps first, then VIT then rest in Might/Power using a superpowered play style. As far as loadout is concerned, that would depend on the power, but you still should rock all three debuffs.

If you can't max out your Vit stat in the SP tree after obtaining those crits, your weapon, and movement, then you are better off not using this set up at all.
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So much hostility after doing what you did and saying how to optimize lol. And if you were the goat you wouldn’t need help to optimize. Just saying.

Anyways. Have fun with your build i guess
  13. Saint Nephew New Player

So if im understanding correctly, it doesnt give power, but increase the players total power ?
    i never noticed that while trolling.
    does the increase in the total power pool equal more power for group?
    It says grants power, so if everytime you are granting ( for example ) 500 power, every round of debuffs placed would grant an additional 1500 power to the groups power pool?

So if im understanding correct, someone trolling with the harness will grant you a bigger power pool. (example 2500 -> 3500 )?
    so using the harness, applying a buff grants power, does everytime you use a buff make the power pool increase? is it a constant state of fluxing up and down ?
    The fact that it doesnt give power stumps me. I never had a problem with the groups power. I wanna figure out what actually was going on to keep the team full.

Im just trying to wrap my head around it, i like to understand things.
    Hope no one reads this as argumentative or combative
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s been a while since I used that artifact so I can’t remember what the cap is. I do know that you can’t indefinitely keep buffing the power pool. It’s either the group get a single increase to the power pool when any type of debuff is used or you the group gains an increase to the power pool PER type of debuff (3 debuffs so 3 increases). But someone else with the artifact would have to confirm which is it
  15. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Straight from the Artifact:

Hitting an enemy with a Controller Debuff grants you and up to 7 group members Power equal to (6/8/9/10)% of your Vitalization, and Precision equal to (1/1.33/1.5/1.67)% of your Vitalization. This effect stacks for each type of Controller Debuff used.
  16. lieutenant Active Player

the higher power pool leads to a higher power regeneration for everybody in the group
  17. Saint Nephew New Player

*Reposting the subject of confusion serves no purpose.

i see what the artifact says. I was asking to clarify my confusion. between restroing power or granting power.
    I used it thinking everytime i hit a move, i gave power. I jsut wanted to clarify my undertanding so i no longer pass on invalid information.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They posted it to clear up what I said. The artifact says that it stacks with each TYPE of debuff. So you’ll be able to stack the power pool buff 3x
  19. Saint Nephew New Player

ahhhhh makes total sense
  20. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Your power regen is recorded with this artficact by hitting a debuff. So yes, as the artifact states, you supply power by throwing all three debuffs. Notice the more you debuff combined with weapon use if you have the appropriate tac-mod in, the more power is reflected on the SB. Passive power regen no longer records or records very little.

And no, the higher the power pool alone does not produce power regen. The power stat determines how much power you can use to push power. The Vit stat determines the potency of regenning power based on the power multiplier.

IE: Power Healing = Base Power Multiplier * (50% Vitalization)