Lantern Corps DLC (New Guardians)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Activison, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Activison New Player

this ideas will not let you sleep for weeks

In this letter i dont want be negative or something like that

i just want to be honest with you and devs

The idea is inspired and based on the green lantern new guardians comic. I will not retell the entire plot, but emphasize how to transfer from comic to game and how these changes can affect the entire game as a whole.

In order to understand what is written next, it is better to read the summary of the comic, or watch the video on YouTube , . I will not write a lot and in detail because I have no time and strength for this, but you yourself will add the plot if that

Mostly duty for 1, 2, 4 players will focus on the fact that Kyle manifests itself in each of the 7 spectra. The first mission will be to escalate every member of the corps except the larfreeze, Saint Walker. Saint Walker speaks to Kyle and flees. Kyle moved with the players and from Saint Walker to OA to Ganset for answers in the middle, collected all the rings and became a hybrid lantern, unable to control his emotions, this will be 2 bosses after defeating the rings collapse except for the orange one, then they seem to be "saved" by the larfreeze, different lanterns corps unites call themselves New Guardians, except for larfreeze, 3 army suddenly rushes in and fights with 3 army with them, and a guard, in general, the goal is to stretch the time for Kyle to touch the lantern, namely by defeating the larfreeze, the seid held back the army of Kyle Lanterns and the players fled to the planet Zamaron where he fights Ganset alone at the moment when Kyle and the players almost win the 3rd army rushes in and Ganset kills Kyle, he heals, takes possession of love becomes a white lantern wins 3rd army end

This is about the plot, about a huge idea that very much will like it because in the plot Kyle OWNS ALL THE SPECTRA, this is the Lantern Corps Rings !! They are purely cosmetic and do not have any effect that they do change the color of Green Lantern's abilities. For example: you play as a lantern (it doesn't matter green or yellow), you put on an object Ring of the Star Sapphire Corps, the Light appears on your fist as if you put on a Pink Ring + on which fist you have a ring depends in which slot you placed the item, also add the ability to combine rings, for example, put on blue and yellow, then your abilities will be some blue, some yellow, that is, the condition works here. If 1 ring is worn in the right or left slot, all abilities are painted in 1 color and a ring appears on the character that emits light on the right or left hand. And if there are 2 rings, then in the right / left slot there is a certain list of abilities that will be colored, what errors can be when adding such a method, for example, the lantern has 2 abilities Light Barrier \ Group Shielding, Light Weight \ Light Weight Strike, Strafing Run \ Ballistic Assault , abilities should be in pairs in some one slot so as not to turn out not nicely, 25 abilities 12 in the left slot 13 in the right. How they will appear in the game. Drop with a rare chance, for example, from a mission with an atrocytus that teaches Kyle to rage with a rare chance to drop a ring of a red lantern, etc. But here you need to consult because if the new one, let's say 70cr, will it have to go up to ~ 350 cr in order to take only a cosmetic style? Or let's make a certain raid where any rings will fall like you did with Doomsday with 10-270 cr

Problem! Here a number of problems appear and I immediately recommend a solution, since we also have rings for flight / running and they have a fixed level of 283, and in the future, when there is armor of 312 level, the rings will pull strongly down.

Decision! remove ring slots as armor and add as cosmetic for flashlights and other DLS, read the ramification of this idea below !!!! Just imagine how cool it would be to customize your flashlight to put on the appropriate ring for it, this will really increase the desire to buy this dls and play it among the players !!!!

Problem! when you added rings that give flight and running, many were delighted because they can combine them, but there may be a problem in the future because the level of the rings is 283.

Decision! Remove ring slots and do the same as Auguments, or remove all stats from rings and add the ability to create ring mods aimed at stats to cr. For example vender 285 cr sells a mod for a ring, you insert a mod the ring becomes 285 cr

And another very important detail! Regarding the materials Glowing \ Sinister \ Furious chroma packs, they have a disgusting detail due to the fact that you cannot change the shade of the armor (not the aura), the glow looks perfect. Also, there is no similar matter for a blue lantern and orange, etc. they can be created, but it is allowed to change the color of the armor, not the color of the glow, namely the armor, otherwise the pure yellow on the Sinister Chrome Material looks sickening, and I'm not the only one who thinks so, or so as not to make each matter separately for each, but to make it like Energy Armor, you can change the color of the glow itself and the color of the armor under this glow, this kind of matter will be the most popular !!!

And now let's talk about how this idea with rings can be realized not only with Lanterns! Basically, players do not have as much customization as possible and I am now writing not about armor, but about abilities, for example, fire, why should fire only be normal? Why can't it be blue ?? Or poisonous green, that is, just repaint but do it for the good for the better not for the worse, show this to the players who will like it and they will want other abilities too, for example, the power of electricity to repaint it in shades of blue or red? A lot of players who try to make a flush use electricity, so why not add lightning bolts similar to Doctor Zoom's speed force? And they will change exactly in the ring slot, and I am sure you will have many more ideas on how to add how to make money on this

I also beg you to add to the DLS lanterns the power of the White Lantern Healer, who will have the abilities not only of a white lantern, but also be able to beat with other colors, just imagine such a combination of a white lantern put on a ring of green and it looks like a new green lantern or red, and so for the villains to make a black lantern an analogue of a white one, but there are also among the objects even rarer rings of a white and black lantern that also paint the abilities of a green lantern (Light Power)

Some Details to change or just little ideas with screenshots

1)if we continue about changing a color of powers i notice Anti-Matter have pink Quantum and Cosmic boy have a grey Quantum power, all looks real cool but need more colorfull with different shades of pink, or make a completely red quantum, but this is very commonplace

2)we have no White Lantern Set style

3)make the tails of light from the rings of the same thickness, because it looks not seven-dimensional and ugly and the blue color has very few shades looks like one solid line, which is also very ugly

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398765232

4)I hope you will add the ability to change the colors of the armor (not the outline), because the color of FFFF00 is very annoying when you see real color lights of the Sinestro Corps Members

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398766576

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398766724

5)So when u will have 2 dif rings it will change colors of powers like a Legend Kyle Rayner

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398765315

6)Due to the fact that the material changes the texture of the armor, you cannot leave the emblem of the lanterns on the armor, the decision is to make a place for the emblem on top of the armor, then it will be possible to combine both armor and emblems

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398766398

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398765769

7)Add 4 slots for material as you did with color, + Make armor with places for emblems like a belt, needed: boots, helmet, gloves

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398766016

8)Also most important thing is color of weapon attacks and emblem of lantern corp need to change when u change rings

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2398765440

9)Add White Lantern power with construct abilities but now as Healer we have troll(light) tank(red) and healer(white) would be good on villians side just change color to black in comics white can heal give life and black can heal and give life too but in another way XD

Ideas for chest with multiply lanterns corps icons(on "elite" or "enhanced" version all icons should have some glow effect with their own colors of corps

https://cf.girlsaskguys.com/q2334213/f5a9ef2c-c107-49a4-b74a-9f7ef6f8c675.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a6/bb/47/a6bb47b2bd6066e9d1d07dca702a9de2.jpg

PS Sorry for bad english im russian 20yo

Await your reply
    • Like x 1
  2. Activison New Player

What do u think about this all concept?:D
  3. Jaelia Committed Player

Yes yes yes yes +1000000 I approve anything lantern especially Violet lanterns. Great idea hopefully a developer checks this out :D
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think the devs have never given any indication whatsoever of budging on recoloring powers over the lifespan of the game, plus I'd imagine that there would be some situations where DC would step in on that front and say "no" as well. So that's two rather sizable speedbumps you have to negotiate from the start.

I also think that the devs have flat-out said "no" to White Lanterns as a playable power set. Mind you, many times when asked about a certain power set coming into the game, the answer is usually along the lines of "we have no plans at this time." But when White and Black Lantern player powersets were asked about during the leadup to one of the War of the Light episodes, it got a hard "no," not the usual "we have no plans."

Which brings me to my third thought: ring-slinger burnout. Even though it's been a good stretch of time since the War of the Light episodes, there are still quite a few players who can live without seeing another Lantern-based episode. Beyond that, there's still other stories and characters that can be explored before returning to the ring-slingers.
  5. Controller Devoted Player

I love Lanterns and my main is a HL one.

While I'd love another Lantern DLC I think near future DLCs will probably rotate around any "Flashpoint" concepts.

Also have to consider that in August / September the SS2 movie comes out and looks to be a GOOD one. That will be right around the time of our NEXT DLC I think.

DI dropping THIS DLC yesterday was genius in that Snyder's Cut JL was recent AND it made a small mention towards the end scene of Flashpoint. Also helps that "Snyder Cut" was - at least among some - a LOT better than The Whedon Cut.......

Flashpoint....Flashpoint....Flashpoint. I have no issues with this.

After experiencing the still classic (IMO) Brothers in Arms and Family Reunion Alerts in this game I'm all for "Alternate Reality" scenarios and DLCs.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, that was kind of a low bar to clear. LOL

I may be wrong in remembering but it seems like a green name somewhere said we might be seeing continuing stories in Episodes, so stories spinning out of Flashpoint (comic-related or DCUO originals) might not out of the question.
    • Like x 1
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Time to meet the guardians or new guardians, whatever!!!
  8. Controller Devoted Player

I'm just glad that Zach Snyder FINALLY delivered to Detective Comics Fans a GOOD Justice League movie that most of us can be proud of lol.

It took a LONG time but at least its here.
  9. Random Mind Dedicated Player

A lot of movies are improved when they release a "Director's Cut" or an "Ultimate Edition".

Add 2 hours to the story to fill in the background of characters, add Darkseid and of course you are going to have a better version. Plus Zach Synder had the benefit of knowing what the people disliked about Justice League when he was putting together his cut. I will say however, the addition of the Joker was not a plus for me. Jared Leto was not a good Joker.