Test Discussion Combat Trinket Pets and Turrets

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I don't know if it makes sense to post the test results, everyone here prefers to discuss everything except the changes themselves and their impact on DPS, on synergy with artifacts like Shard, but I will lay out tests for 3 targets (8 each does not make sense, since the AOE attack these does not cover (regular pets, not turrets ...), comparison with a live server (for comparison, I take those pets that, according to my tests, cause the greatest and most stable damage (Dark Construct Bat, Shadow Snake Turret, Anti-Matter Turret)).

Dark Construct Bat (live server 328 CR): average -472482, min-426684,max-510609,

Dark Construct Bat (test server 328 CR); average -551736, min-546737,max-565219,
    Shadaw Bat(test server 328 CR): average- 551062,min-534547,max-566171,
    Vampire Bat(test server 328 CR): average -550304,min-546660,max-552173,
    Paradox Gazer (test server 328 CR): average -549222,min-546320,max-552704,
    Brainiac Drone Pet(test server 328 CR): average-551506,min-545851,max-559491,
    Mother Box(test server 328 CR): average-534113,min-452882 (o_O),max-565119...hmm...
    Father Box (test server 328 CR): average-557398,min-552231,max-560870.
    Atlantean Seahorse (test server 328 CR): average 549620,min -545778,max- 553275.

a significant drop in damage in MB, due to the fact that sometimes pets slightly change their behavior (with basic behavior (4 times out of 5 on average), the damage is more stable .. but mostly a little lower, with an "anomalous" unstable ... more often this leads to increase in damage .... but sometimes to decline ...).

on average, we have a 15.78% increase in damage compared to a live server.

Turret damage on 3 targets:

Shadow Snake Turret (live server 328 CR) : average-400654,min-392688,max-403382

Shadow Snake Turret (test server 328 CR): average-441497,min-440493,max-442434,
    Snake Turret (test server 328 Cr): average -442186,min441021,max-442783,

Single target

Anti-Matter Turret (live server 328 CR): average-245599,min-238546,max-269658.

Green Crystal Turret (test server 328 CR): average-264545,min-263631,max-265930.
    Anti-Matter Turret (test server 328 CR): average 264346,min264194,max-265091.

On a live server, these turrets sometimes inflict 7 attacks and sometimes 8 (8 attacks in 1 case out of 5), on a test server they always inflict 8 attacks.

I had plans to check the synergy with the Shard Artifact, but as you can see from the topic, no one is interested in this (including the developers), so it's probably not worth wasting time ...
    • Like x 2
  2. Charon Lead Content Designer

Thanks for your testing and feedback. I would advise against claiming what the Devs are or are not interested in, thanks. That's not productive in any way. This balance pass was meant to just be that, not a Source Shard balance pass. However, I did keep in mind that pets that fire more often and consistently would get greater benefit from the Source Shard Godwave proc. I believe this to be the case still. I also did increase just about everything by 10 percent or so DPS - over the best pets out there, and then of course the under performing pets got boosted up greatly to around that same range as those best performing pets out there.

You mentioned a 10-15 percent increase. That's what they got - more towards the 10 percent. If you mean an additional increase then that will not happen at this time as I want to keep this baseline as the first Tier and work our way up to higher Tiers where players can take action and achieve those Tiers for more increased damage to play nicer with their Source Shards.

I am open to other ideas and suggestions on the matter but do harken back to my initial thought above on the subject - this pass wasn't meant for Source Shard game style but I did consider aspects of it to at least improve it slightly. I could have gone with stable amount of hits but longer breaks in between and still came up with the same amount of damage at the end but a 1 second attack rate seemed to be the most beneficial to a limited proc window from the artifact.

Thanks.
    • Like x 6
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No wrong answer here, but from your wording can we expect this to be the lowest tier of pet damage and easy to get ones that come out from now on (after this goes live) would match these and the rarer ones/ higher tiers step up from there? Just want to clarify.

Testing aside, this seems like a great start to your tier system plans since as of now, everyone can start on a level playing field and the attack patterns/ numbers look great to me personally. Pretty excited for the tier system honestly.
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

That's the intent. Pets that qualify for higher Tiers, from this current list and future offerings, before such a system is implemented, will get bumped up. I would plan for most of the pets here to be able to be increased too around the same time, if players invest the time and steps necessary to unlock those higher Tiers for these baseline pets. Not every single one may qualify, depending on when/if this happens due to certain steps you'd have to take not being available until future content comes online - but - the end goal would be every pet here can grow into higher Tiers at some point.
    • Like x 4
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Very cool. Looking forward to it. (Edit: actually way cooler idea than I was even thinking because I know some people think of them as actual pets. Knowing we may not have to ditch a favorite due to performance is awesome)
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Sorry for this remark, just looking after the night in this topic with the aim of posting the remaining test results and seeing another portion of toxic responses, a bad aftertaste from the not less toxic videos of "authoritative" youtubers from the DCUO and zero conversations on the topic, it seemed to me that no one cares so that the change is balanced ...

In the last topic, you mentioned that these pets will be balanced at the level of damage from "Dark Construct Bat", which is why I mentioned an additional 10% (damage on a single target is lower than "Dark Construct Bat" on a live server, and the increase to AOE arises from the fact that it does not divide as before ), I assume that for Shard users, attack stability will give this 10% (maybe even more if you're lucky), but for other DPS it's a damage reduction, since for them it was pressed and forgotten (yes, yes, I know that no one will notice, but the old PVP player's habits, where every grain of damage is important, is reluctant to leave;), however, my job is to indicate this, if no one needs it ... then I can only shrug my shoulders ...
    • Like x 1
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

8. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

To be clear, are you referring here to talking only about trinket pets, and not about native-power-pets such as Fury, Crystal/Brick Golem, Suppressor Turret, Watcher, Robot Sidekick? Or will such native pets also be able to grow into higher tier pets?
  9. Proxystar #Perception

How do you envision that this system works, when you say "players invest the time and steps necessary to unlock higher tiers" are you saying you intend to release a system where a player does something to upgrade their pet like an artifact or do they obtain an entirely different pet that sits in their inventory that cosmetically looks the same but does more damage?
  10. Rejchadar Inquisitor

This is not related to the changes for pets from this topic, but perhaps you could consider adding a Tactical Mod that would slightly increase the damage of pets (for example, for pants, there is a very large shortage of good Tactical Mods, I think many will agree with that ...). ...?
    • Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sure would. Now stop changing the subject haha
    • Like x 1
  12. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I don't think their tone is that everyone should have everything. I think the idea that something that makes your character stronger even if it is minor shouldn't be locked behind something that is temporary or doesn't have a reoccurring cycle (yet). Prior Survival mode's consistency has been volatile which I think we can all agree.

I think that before the tier pet system is implemented(something I am all for), some things need to happen:

A) When Survival Mode is brought Back it has a consistent rotation or cycle that never breaks. People may miss out on the themed pet but they will always have an opportunity to test their skill for an ultimate prize

or

B) Introduce a Pet that is accessible via Elite modes(of Equivalent power) that may not be as visually cool as the survival mode pet but has the functionality(I'd say do this only if the dev's can't commit to a regular cycle with survival mode). Also only make the pet drop as a top tier pet while the current episode is at the top of the CR relevancy to prevent people from coming back 2 or 3 DLC's later to face roll the content(3-4 months is enough time for anyone who actually wants a powerful pet to try and beat the elite raid X amount of times for the pet).

I think under those guidelines, no one is left out except for those who are incapable of overcoming the challenge. That is the only thing that should be a barrier to reward. I am personally against the current trend companies basically holding a gun to your head to play their game during a specific window to earn something. If they do go that route , it should only be cosmetic.
    • Like x 2
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

TBD but the plan I am devising and looking to get approved and implemented would be more along the lines of doing the required content, plus investing currencies (source marks/seasonal), etc. would potentially get you a higher pet that would be a different pet. It's a basic system, not a way to upgrade the very pet you got for free during the month of October but a way to buy a better version of that pet you got for free in October if you put in the work. And no, no kind of inventory food, ala artifacts, to feed the pet. We have enough of those. Again, all vaporware at the moment and things may change or not happen at all - and then we just have these pets doing better damage than they used to and having different skins to fit different themes characters may have.
    • Like x 6
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Just the pets listed above and pets of their ilk introduced in the future. The other pets are built differently and have different functions and aren't easily absorbed into this balance pass and get into a tiered system. Not any time soon at least.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Ok, so you mean it might be something like this for example?

Gazer 1 - Base Damage Given for free
    Gazer 2 - 10% more Damage Bought with Solar Credits
    Gazer 3 - 10% more Damage Locked behind Renown Bought with Solar Credits
  16. zNot Loyal Player

Could be abit out of topic but I like the idea of going deeper into pets and making them more important reminds me of a companion that aids the summoner maybe in the future we can see a similar thing to that also i think those upgraded end tier pets could be a great way to reward players or a chance that finish Elite raid content to get those pets that would also be usefull for the tank,heal,troll support aspect not just damage.
    • Like x 2
  17. Designated Well-Known Player

Can you take a look at the damage of "collector's edition drone control device", it´s been a pet trinket that has not been looked at for many years, maybe like 10years.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

It's not exactly that but it's similar in thought.
    • Like x 1
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks for the response. That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't making an unwarranted assumption.

Thanks again for being so responsive!
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Not at this time but maybe in the future.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.