Idea to incentivize lower content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SekretVillain, Sep 29, 2020.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ok im getting slightly annoyed with the inept vegetables who refuse the read the 2-3 pages of replies i had already covering this issue multiple times. I cant talk about this subject with dunces who cant engage with points and counter-points.
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

This makes me laugh at the insanity of people who cant think outside their own benefit..

In this screenshot they
    #1 managed to give players reason to run outdated content
    #2 rewarded players for doing outdated content
    #3 benefit players for helping out new players in their run
    #4 Preserved the experience for the more difficult content

And you call clamping a game killer and yet people here are complaining about not having reason to run lower level content even with rewards being tossed your way?:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yall some spoon-fed gamers..
    [IMG]
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Wasn't talking to you it was a response to someone else and no i did not read your book on the topic and i don't plan on it cause i have better things to do,besides this thread was originally about an idea to get players to play older content so i really just read the OP added my own 2 cents and responded to you and 1 other guy ,i don't care about your 100 pages of points etc. so get over it no one cares if you are annoyed we didn't read your long posts. Maybe make a point without writing a novel.
    • Like x 1
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

That's kind of how I look at it.
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

No I want actual suggestions that havent been denied already by developers and attempted by them. Has nothing to do with agreeing with or disagreeing or whatever other BS you want to toss around.

I want fresh ideas to give to the devs, that will actually peak their interest not something that will drive ppl away or have ppl coming to forums ranting over.
    • Like x 1
  6. SekretVillain Loyal Player

And I'm sure 75% of those rewards if not more are just as useless as source mark which is what you wish to offer for rewards for being clamped. Which I've already told you I know at least 7 ppl who have above 1000 of that currency. So it's useless to most at end game.
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

If you aint solve this in 6 years unlikely you'll solve it now;). Since you aren't vouching for REAL solutions. Unfortunately it requires a compromise and nothing shy of relevant handouts with sate you.
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

And you think that sorry idea of your OP was gonna work?
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Wings of Sin. It was originally released as a Time Capsule collection with the reward being the wings. Then they re-skinned it and put it on the Valentines vendor (so you'll have to wait till February for another crack at it). They re-skinned it a third time and gave it as part of their Extra Life charity event (limited time free offering after hitting a donation milestone). I won't count the last one since it is a one time giveaway item and not available in a vendor, but the Valentine one still counts. I'm sure someone else could find another example somewhere.
  10. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i cant say as im in favor of the stat clamping idea. The rewards suggested just dont ring my bell so to speak so I would probably never bother with it, and while i only speak for myself i would probably not be alone in such thoughts, leading me to question just how often this feature would be used. With regards to the whole maintaining the experience for FNGs, thats a legit concern but its likely due to there being a large number of ICEholes in the game.
  11. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

isnt there some reskinned skins in the star labs vender?
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Unless they recently added something on the sly, I don't think so.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I do appreciate your answers and do actually understand what you are trying to push for. I am just debating the soundness of your theory on what the change will do or why it's needed. The scenario is that right now let's say out of the 1000 players on at a time (maybe 200 on the switch) if there are 5 newbies trying to run KCT(one of many 'dead' runs IMO) legit OR carry...they cannot get in because out of the other 995 players...there are not 3 willing to queue up. Assuming they go to LFG, they might get 1 additional player...maybe even a high level who is willing to NOT beast it and hey...maybe even strip down gear for a challenging run. We all agree that getting into old content is difficult and that if you do get in, you will likely not have a 100% satisfactory experience if it's your first time there or if you are looking to do SOME feats. So now we have 6 people...wanting to run the content....they can't...legit OR carry for feats or loot.

So we implement some kind of clamp (your system or some modification of it). Your theory is that NOW there will be more people...people already NOT interested in running the content...who will want to run the content. Mind you that they didn't want to run it when it would have been easy...or they would have control over how easy it is at least (you know some people do know how to reign it in). Your assumption (and that's what it is...you do not have any facts on this) is that now there would be an influx of these players who will want to A) slow down their normal gameplay day by taking our 30 min to an hour to have a difficult KCT run B) be interested in the proposed reward and C) want to random queue into a group where they are almost guaranteed to have to give instructions EVERY run. Sidenote: That part I can attest to as a fact. Every single random queue I've ever gone into with impassible mechanics (like TOTD or HOH) I've had to give instructions...lots of instructions. That's a fact. Many of those runs ended up being wipes because many new players ARE looking to be carried and many high end players don't want a struggle in old content. Not all of them, but yes....there are many. So Let's assume you are right. Lets assume there are some higher level players who want a challenge in KCT, or want the rewards...they queue in with the lowbies. They give instructions. After a few attempts they get the job done...maybe even a feat accomplished (a feat BTW that would be much easier as a beast). How does this make it easier to get in the next time? Do you think that this experience will be so fun that it will be repeated by most of the community at large? You are assuming 'yes' they will, so that next crop of newbies will also have the same experience of better queuing up. My assumption is 'no', this will be a one and done for most...meaning the queues get WORSE not better after an initial novelty run or they get that 1 reward that is attractive to them. Again, the only thing that makes them come back is rewards....which you aren't seeming to push for anything real high end there.
    Yes you answered it with the same thing I've also said. Your most likely outcome, assuming that you did see high levels wanting to run the content clamped, is that LFG or a league would build a group of high levels, with maybe a low level peppered in for the ride. They would get the reward or have the 'challenge' experience and be gone. You would likely not see 2 or 3 queued in high levels wanting to re-explain how things are done every time they run the content. This means LESS people queuing ...not more.

Talk about echo chamber...you were actually responding to yourself on that one. That is the definition of echo.;)

And actually I do have one question to follow up on your response here:
    Again you dont have to run it, its completely optional. You want feats/Catalyst? Unclamp it and feel free to 1 shot bosses to your hearts content. But if you want a few extra marks and a RNG Goodie-bag with low drop chance materials/Auras/Style/Housing items, mixxed in with colas or stuff like a lucky stabilizer fragment (Bind to character) then their is an *incentive* to consider the clamped variation as a choice. That's up to you if you want to run it or not.
    So where your 'choice' to run clamped comes in....Are you proposing 2 queuable maps (i.e. 'KCTreg' and 'KCTclamped') or some sort of check box when queuing? If 2 maps you've now made is so that a 'clamper' and a 'reg' queue up now EACH need 7 more people to get in, that would further making queuing difficult as potentially 14 other people have to be using the same option. Assuming it's a checkbox(clamp on/clamp off), If I queue up unclamped and you queue up clamped...can we meet in the same run? Honestly, if this is true, I'm not sure how this is any different from today for the newbies NOT wanting to be carried as that 1 unclamped person could still carry the run. BTW...if this is your proposal, sure...go ahead and implement it. You know of course people will just then beast the run unclamped, then pop out when the boss is near death...get an inv back in clamped and get the rewards...right? Or they will have 7 go in clamped and let 1 guy do the carry unclamped so they all (except that one volunteer) get the rewards....so again, less people in the queue up for those honest newbies queuing up.

Don't believe me? Watch LFG on Thursday/Friday. One of the only older raids in there every week is Paradox. It's because you can get 6 marks in about 3 minutes. You'll also almost daily see PANE and ZOOE, because there is a spiffy reward in those you have a shot at in about 10 min time investment. If you made those runs take 5x or 10x as long, you won't see them shouted as much...That's my bet...you think differently. You WILL see shouts for 'Need 2 for DC...1st boss ONLY' to get the lantern trinket. All those rewards have in common? Feats (NOOOOO). You WILL see lower level toons asking for a 'High CR' to get them through some content. You WILL see people saying 'need X people to join for queue XYZ raid, you can leave after we get in'. What you will NOT see in LFG is some level 140 guy asking for 7 other level 140 toons to go run KCT at level.

And I still debate the 'incentives'. Other than the lucky stabilizer fragment or feats,(sounds like you are NOT proposing those) I'm not sure any of that interests me (or many others), and I'm pretty sure DI isn't looking to give us more stabilizers....or they would like they did with 5x week. They'd add them to promethium boxes and push sales of keys or subs, they'd put them in these teekle buckets like they did with quarks (yeah...2 quarks!...big whup on my way to 5000+) They'd put them in the episode treasure boxes and potentially increase eps sales or subs there. So you'd have to add a LOT of good aura/materials/spiffys, or a single amazing one that drops very rare....or (again...NOOOOO) feats tied to them. BTW...they have this, they are called TCs and they generate revenue.

There is another important assumption you are making that I disagree with. You are assuming that DI WANTS us to run the old content for a challenge. All signs point to this not being true. Gear progression, artis and augs all make the older content easier (seriously...level a new toon...even solo content poses NO challenge now on the worst build with no SP). They want us running endgame, buying replays and hustling the components that force us to buy seals or cats to level our artis/augs. Also...they are now giving out ANOTHER 255 skip meaning more people who are bypassing all that content while 'at level'. All your proposed changes will NOT generate more money for DI, but will probably cost a lot of RnD. The only scenarios in which this generates revenue is if the rewards are so great it's worth a reset (doesn't sound like you are pushing for that) or that there are some new users so turned off by carries or low queue rates that they quit the game and instead would have become subs. That one MIGHT be true, but again it is still an assumption.

Everything (minus the new rewards) can be done today with LFG/leagues and some like minded players. Everything EXCEPT getting into the content...which is still locked at 2/4/8 players. Remove the queue size and remove that restriction. No additional rewards needed...no clamping rework needed. Teach those lowbies how to use LFG vs structuring around getting randos to queue in with them.
  14. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

could have sworn they did might be time to head out there and double check.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

For what it's worth, with most of your counter point posts, posting inside the quote... a wall of Italicized, smaller font and multiple colors...is hard to read. Just saying...not everyone is on a large screen 144K monitor with 20/20 eyesight. Totally off topic, but I wanted to point that out. Resume discussion....
    • Like x 1
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's better than beating a dead horse (stat clamping)
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh and what you offered is a real solution, now I know your just trolling. #ignored
  18. spikeat Well-Known Player

So you know less people that have the rewards ... how odd?
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Actually yes, I know far fewer that have the extra items that were just added. Let's see the rage guy I know that's almost 400sp hasnt gotten his 1st item yet, come to think of it I dont think anyone but maybe 1 or 2 has started working on those items.

I'm the only person I know that had everything within a like 1.5 days of it going live. That doesnt mean others dont have the stuff. I never said others didnt rush it like I did. I simply said noby I know has the stuff yet as most are just getting or still getting the elite stuff from aether vendor.