(Batuba) Quantum quick adjustment.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Hello Batuba, I was wondering if you could do a quick fix to Quantum?

My question is if you could please increase the projectile travel speed of Singularity and Gravity Bomb? I say this because first, by the time one of my abilities hit most of the mobs are dead or almost dead so it feels like I tossed a dud. Second, is the fact that when I'm trolling and lob a Gravity Bomb or throw a Singularity, they move so slow that enemy NPCs can literally lunge past them and not get hit at all.

There have been times were I'm trying to debuff things but suddenly when I decide to reapply a debuff the NPCs are jumping around and my powers completely miss because of the slow projectile travel speed. Can you please try to increase the travel speed to 2.0-2.5x?

I'm sure if you test it out yourself you will see what I mean about NPCs being able to quickly get away from it and if not kill you in the process.

I would really appreciate it if you could do this. Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Is this request possible Batuba?
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Maybe I should have sent this to him in a conversation instead?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Lol
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Just coming back to see if this could be adjusted?
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed, i get that time bomb is slow and i get why (I dont use it for that reason AND because it only works on stationary targets). But the request to adjust “projectiles”. For me its gravity bomb, theres 2 issues with it
    1) projectile speed- adds r often dead before it lands due to slow travel time
    2) it detonates on contact- meaning i throw it an the enemy lunges- what happens there is i waited for the animation, waited for the travel time and hit nothing because the enemy simply Lunged uNder its travel patch and it landed behind them. Easy fix to this is make it explode on proximity NOT contact so if the enemy lunges, the gravity bomb detonates above their heads (its an AOE anyway an does need direct contact w/something).
    All quantum projectiles are very slow tho. Its a great power an has great visuals and is fun to play BUT all projectiles need sped up considerably
  8. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

They definitely need to be looked into in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  9. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I second, third, fourth, and fifth this....
    • Like x 2
  10. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You and me both friend.
  11. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I love the animations and sound when gravity bomb hits however, it's not one of Quantum's most optimal projectiles. If it got buffed I would use it more.

Einstein Ray has crazy crit damage, is fast, has range, quick recover and only cost 200. Wish I saw more Quantum DPS use it because of it's efficiency. Until Gravity Bomb and Singularity get a buff in damage, it's hard to use them in elite content. Singularity one of my favorite moves but its suited for the troll role because it's damage isn't good.
    • Like x 1
  12. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

This, omg this. I've made plenty of posts to Batuba about buffing Singularity and Gravity Bomb. I have my fingers crossed that Batuba can get it done.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Honestly i have not played around much w/einsteins ray an tbh im not sure how or where it would fit in my rotation anyway BUT hearing it claimed to have “crazy crit damage” i will see what can be done to utilize haha
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's primarily for single target Loadouts. If you don't use Amplified Heat Vision, Einstein's Ray would be a decent substitute.
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I do run HV as my art was already about done when they announced the nerf and im not re-doing it hahaha
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The nerf wasn't to single target damage (the main damage from Amplified HV), just how the aoe burst splits at 200 was changed. Everyone should still be using Solar Amp for ST.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have the artifact so im using it for everything. Of course, i run a universal loadout. I dont change anything at all no matter what content im running.
  18. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

I like Lift for animation purposes and it has ticks but for single target ER can crit for over 50K easily.

Quantum DPS is purely situational because if you looking to take down large groups of adds, A-Wave, D-Wave, Lift, Shift, Warp Barrage are good moves. Some are better for midrange like I've seen people tried using A-Wave and whiffing. I've been here before because A-Wave hitbox looks like it hits long range but it's just a behind and front move.

Single target usually falls on Energy Explosion, Gravitational Field Einstein Ray, and AMP Heat Vision.

I don't always have ER in my loadout however unless I get to final boss and I get bored of using Lift.
    • Like x 1