Controller contribution is only measured by power given out in world boss kills.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pinky, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Pinky Well-Known Player

The controller's greatest asset to the team is his defense debuff. This is especially so in world boss fights, where a single controller's defense debuff results in a force multiplier for the whole raid.

Many times during a world boss kill when i was debuffing consistently, and even doing damage with weapon attacks, i would only receive partial credit, and get only 3 Empyrean aethers on victory, despite being there from the start of the fight till the end. I do relatively few power dumps compared to defense debuffs and weapon mastery attacks.

In a Kalibak and Steppenwolf fight, i was present from the start of the fight to the end. I switched alternately on the 2 bosses, making sure the defense debuff was on them continually, all the time. As a result, I did very few power dumps compared to defense debuffs. To my surprise, when we were victorious, the reward i got was only 3 Aethers.

Now i don't bother going into a world boss fight as a controller. Because our contribution is only measured by how much power we give to the group. If the group is always full on power, relying on supply drops to keep them powered, our contribution is not likely going to be given credit in the fight.
    • Like x 5
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

This credit system does not allow for the variety of playstyles that the dev say exist in the game.

While I will continue to run the bosses, I would like it known that I don't really enjoy it all that much.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DPS in troll role, slot your debuffs in. Power out isn't needed for open world.
    • Like x 1
  4. Brit Loyal Player

I feel you, brother. This open world bollocks is not Support Role friendly at all.
    • Like x 3
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

an orbital drop is sufficient enough damage to get top tier rewards from these bosses as a support role
  6. MiLady Well-Known Player

Orbital for these bosses, maybe. I will have to give it a try. But it definitely was not enough for BOP bosses in support role.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are making some adjustments to help non-damage roles get contribution. We expect to expand the system in the future to specifically reward for healing, controlling, tanking, etc.

Like others have said, firing off an orbital strike is probably a great right-now solution.
    • Like x 3
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Yesterday I specially made 2 full cycles (4 + Hydra) on my healer (full healing equipment and artifact) and my controller (again, full controller equipment and artifacts), one full cycle (4 + hydra) in a group and one full cycle (4 + hydra) solo. each time I received a full reward (4 * 6 + 12 = 36) plus sometimes additional ones (equipment, BI, mods). Every time I used not only healing and power dump, but also attacked if possible, every time I used the orbital, and pets.
  9. myandria Item Storage

See, that is the problem right there; support roles should not have to rely on "trinkets" to get top tier rewards. If a player is in support role from start to finish, that player should be rewarded accordingly. I only use trinkets for those "OH SNAP!!!" situations and my support character needs that extra "support". With the love and support that the DPS roles receive, my support characters do not have enough reasons to use an orbital strike.

Thank you for the heads-up; I am eagerly looking forward to those changes. For now, I will keep my trinket use to a minimum, as I don't heavily rely on them for my playstyle.
  10. myandria Item Storage

I still will do a world boss fight as a controller; however, I mainly slot debuffs and shields. I have come to the conclusion that if a player isn't maintaining their own power, it is that player's problem, not my controller's problem. Sad. :(
  11. August Moon Well-Known Player

i agree, but it is what it is. at this moment. you can either submit , wait it out and not be set so far back that you're still farming when people are beginning to die off . or stay where you are, protest until the changes arrive whenever they do and struggle to find bounty groups
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Some groups do not want players to use Orbital Strikes VS the Hydra.

So using the Orbital is a good way to get kicked from many groups sadly. :(

Heck... in the comment section of my Wonderverse Bounties video.... one of my viewers left this comment for example;

@#$% you orbital strike using @#$holes

;)
  13. myandria Item Storage

True; those are all valid choices.

I tend to stay in the middle groove; no great highs, no deep lows. I just don't see the point of chasing the "use a trinket for rewards drops carrot", so I'm good where I'm at.

I have been in groups where team members drop orbitals for NO REASON; the group is moving along with no issues and BOOM, three people throw an orbital. So, am I supposed to drop one because others have done so? Nahhh....
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

That's along the lines of the community telling you to wear DPS gear while in support role. That's what happened last Survival Mode. Sometimes it does not pay off to run only as support role in a traditional sense (wearing your role's gear) and, boy, does it really suck.
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Why tho, do orbitals buff hydra?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It triggers one of his attacks.
    • Like x 1
  17. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Which 1? The big red AoE 1?
  18. Aesthete Well-Known Player

But he's going to attack regardless...

I have yet to see anyone complain about orbitals in the phases i'm in. In fact, everyone pops them at the start of the boss fight.
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The groups I was in today shouted not to, that didn't stop people from doing it of course. I think it triggers extra teeth.
  20. Rainnifer Committed Player

Honestly with how orbital trigger happy people are when it comes to bounties and the fact people are almost "prepped" for it with how these current bosses are (considering support players almost always have to use one to make sure they get full credit,) I think they should leave repercussions for casting orbitals out of the open world bounties and keep them in raids where it is much easier to communicate with the smaller groups.

Since they have it though, why leave out a tell for it? Why not let players know that their orbitals are affecting the battle negatively. They have been doing really well on tells for the boss attacks in this DLC but why leave that out if it is so important?