Test Discussion Strategist Card - Artifact Update

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Batuba Developer

Please use this thread to discuss the Might Damage increase of the proc for Strategist Card.

Thanks!

-Batuba
    • Like x 4
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Good step in a right direction overall i think furry shot should get nerfed since most people in Elite content use This and the single target damage is very high also nature is too good (might)
    These changes will also affect the elite content in a healthy way since people will need to play more on the raids and mechanics instead of just burning it with 5 prec dps / nature might dps once these get nerfed it gets equal people shouldnt be spamming nature might and prec dps for 10 minute CTe runs i think it really hurts the game and takes away skill. Might should be the primary used dps in Raids like it used to be. Thanks and good change batuba!
  3. Berza Committed Player

The only time in this game when Might was the primary Stat for DPS was during AM. Before that, a DPS would use a weapon combo (something with a medium-length input like tap hold hold) and then clip the combo with a might-based tray power.
    Then revamp came, and we were given the possibility of playing with migth or prec as main DPS Stat. And I say main because every (good) DPS knows that to maximize their damage output they need to queue/clip weapon taps before each power from the tray.
  4. Mr.W Committed Player

Personally I don't think the weapon attacks nor nature needs to be touched, it's all the buffs prec players gain in content that might make you blink in amazement. Even with that though I don't think prec should be touched. If anything, speeding up the animations/cooldowns of certain powersets would actually help more than trying to get these nerfed in my opinion. Remember, dps means damage per (second).
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I agree weapon was a part of it but as i said might should be the primary/main source of damage in (PVE btw) in that scenario.
    Regardless of might or prec flurry shot is too strong and nature might also needs to be nerfed to balance things out.
  6. Mr.W Committed Player

I like these changes to put might closer to prec.
  7. Berza Committed Player

Why? I think Prec should be the primary source of damage and tray powers should be used only for supporting your damage. As this game used to work...
  8. zNot Loyal Player

I dont agree with that prec only needs flurry shot and prec buff thats it you actually think this is making the game better? most people only use a prec buff and spamm flurry shot whats the point of a power if half of the loadout is from the iconics? Hard light shield as a Dps? Common this is not how it ever was! Might must be the main source to bring diversity to the game aswell. Also no need for new powers if peope only use 2-3 abilites to of that power to spamm overpowered flurry shot. I strongly believe you know how OP it is on singletarget and dont want it to get nerfed since you are benefiting from this. Btw im also Prec but its too strong no point going might while flurry shot is this good.
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Why should might be the main source of damage? That’s silly, at the game’s peak, max dps required both might and prec damage during rotations (clipping era, pre gu 35), and at the game’s lowest am era (and probably now too), the main source of damage came from pure might rotations/ play from the tray. Why do you want to force people into one play style? That’s not fair to anybody, and it wouldn’t work, more players would just leave like they have before
    • Like x 2
  10. Berza Committed Player

Prec only needs weapon buff and flurry shot? This is the end of the conversation. It makes no sense arguing with someone who has no idea about how to dps in this game.
    • Like x 2
  11. zNot Loyal Player

Are you saying the main source of damage at this time is might? Or did i misunderstood this? Regardless of this you said earlier main source should be prec ( which is the case atm) In the best era even though id say it was might which dominated but anyways it was both i dont mind that but purely prec is not fun sure nobody should be forced to play as something but i dont see a might power being used in elite content except nature which is overpowered too. So basically you say people shouldnt be forced but right now people are being forced to play as flurry shot spamming prec dpses because might cant keep up on single target (Range).
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Tell me what else does it need apart from clipping in the air which shouldnt be happening anyway? You have no clue about balance Bye hopefully a dev will know what im trying to say with this and fix this.
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I’m sorry, but you’re strongly misunderstood on how flurry shot works, how strong it actually is, and how you create a build with it,

•A standard flurry build with one burst power and a clipping option will not out parse a good might rotation, it just won’t, the damage is at best comparable to a good st might rotations, but it won’t put damage the best ones.

•To even get the Max damage of flurry, you have to clip during a certain frame to receive the ticks needed for the best damage possible

•Only a few powers are making flurry excel, and that’s because of certain abilities those powers have, and the synergy it creates with flurry

•flurry requires way more skill than any might build in the game, especially with certain powers, and it also require skill points since you need to be speced into might as well for max damage, but with might, you only need sp into might

Flurry is the only viable st option and you’re asking for it to be nerfed, without even knowing how it works, or how strong it is, but you’re still asking for a nerf. Most might players get out dpsed by flurry on st because they have bad st rotations, or their power just isn’t good for st. Also, this is literally a “I’ve buffed might thread”, but you Still come in here asking for a nerf lol, and nerfs have seldomly added benefit towards the pursuit of balance, so buffing instead is a step into the right direction
    • Like x 1
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

When did I say prec should be the only source of damage? Reread what I said, I said at the games peak, might and prec both were the common sources of damage, because of how fast, and technical the game was back then, you needed skill to get max damage, it wasn’t like now where you go from 1-5 powers. Anyways, prec isn’t the only source of damage, you just more than likely have trouble making builds, those YouTube art setups and rotations are usually not the best sources of dmg in the game. Secondly, there’s only 1 or 2 elite raids that I use flurry for, I use aoe builds for everything else and still top the scoreboard, just because you see everybody else using flurry, doesn’t mean that you need to use flurry to compete or complete a raid
  15. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

I run a ice might loadout and have bested several precision guys in raids to include the two current elite ones! It’s just all about who is running what. I do believe in some of the more skilled precision players’ hands, no one can touch them. It isn’t balanced but it’s a game and not worth crying over. Thanks devs for trying to bridge the gap!
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

Yup I agree that’s what I’ve been saying. Every elite content that drops players just abuse it by loading in a group of dual wield flurry shooters and melting the boss down and there is no risk factor when it comes to mechanics because the mastery combo allows you to cancel out and block whenever you choose. Been like this since what the Atlantis DLC It needs to be addressed at some point just for the sake of bringing a challenge back to elite

As far as the thread goes good job on increasing strats damage it’s something those who are might have been asking for.
    • Like x 1
  17. Berza Committed Player

So do you prefer to load a group with 5 Heat vision users? Because, if you want to use a migth st loadout you Must use HV. It's ugly, and everybody uses it. I think I'm going to start a (bunch of) thread(s) asking for that stupid power to be nerfed. To the ground.
    • Like x 2
  18. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

If flurry gets nerfed, amplified heat vision should definitely be nerfed since you need it for st might dmg, it would immediately become op
    • Like x 2
  19. L T Devoted Player

Can you tell us how much it was increased by? The Strategist is a little tricky to test because of the way the damage shows up.

Also, is this up on test right now?
  20. L T Devoted Player

It's probably a bad sign that all might users use heat vision and all precision users use flurry shot. But those are both discussions that are likely to derail this thread.
    • Like x 5