No name reclaim event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dmitri, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

What happened to your original "Minie"-forum account? I see you're on a new one.

And just like when you kept huffing and puffing the same thing about this very subject on your previous account, I will again offer an actual advice that's better than trying to free up taken "OG names" you wish you were first to get. Wait for it..... Get creative!

People make these threads mainly for ONE reason whether you like it or not, and that's because they want those popular, cool, original one word-names that somebody else has. Another name reclaim would just have another person be quicker than somebody else to get whatever popular, cool, original name you wish to have and send people right back here to the forums to complain and beg for yet another name reclaim. :rolleyes: You just have to face the facts that you are playing a several years-old game and the most obvious of cool and popular names will be taken.

Get creative, there's still names out there. Not Batman, Superman or whatever other "original" name that somebody would want, but still plenty of other choices if you put some effort into it.
    • Like x 4
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

4. MinieII New Player

Facts/Truths are confirmed from experience, and examination, not from being taught.
    Don't believe me? Go ahead and add any names you would like to your friends list, and tell me if they log in anytime this year ( They won't.

And beside that , have you seen trade chat? Lmao it's absolutely disturbing how many names are being exploited ( which is against the TOS I mind you).
    Now ofcourse my literal statistics aren't 100% accurate, but they are definitely in the same ball park in reality.

It's just a fact that Most names are being wasted, this is coming from someone who has experimented, and examined the log in rates of names most people are in search for, for years.
  5. the solowing Unwavering Player

that's why I suggested that legendary has a 1-year grace period from the date of going legendary to lock in that name and for it to not be subjected to any name wipes, premium account or accounts that have purchased DLCs will have a grace period of 6 months of ACCOUNT inactivity. while free-2-play accounts can be subjected to a 3-month CHARACTER inactivity grace period.
    • Like x 1
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Agreed.I don't know Why peoples keeps posting this Over and Over and Over when the devs said it Clearly we won't get a new name reclaim.It's not That hard to create a unique name and then You make it "iconic";)
    • Like x 3
  7. Brit Loyal Player

Sadly, there are probably a dozen names that I would be willing to pay absurd amounts of money for. Not "Table" and "Shampoo" or any random thing, but very specific names that I had at one point and lost during Megaserver mergers.

But I have no idea how to buy them. Send an in-game mail to them and get no response, because they don't actually log in on all those squatter characters. No matter how many people are interested or what we might pay, they have no way of knowing that they have customers out there.

The name-squatting is stupid and it shouldn't be a thing. If it has to be a thing, I'm willing to work within the terms and do what I got to do. But it doesn't just work. There is no way to contact those people in order to get those names.
    • Like x 1
  8. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm very thankful to have found my original-yet-not-so-original-if-you-think-about-it name (way before I started playing this game), it'll be a sad day if I ever come across the name to be taken anywhere. Hasn't happened yet.
    Except on this game, because I took the name from myself :confused: My main character has a slight variation of the name and I can't be bothered to spend like $20 just to change one measly letter and take the name from my first character.
  9. Scotty Well-Known Player

Gawd this again???

Use a name generator online if you can not come up with a name OP. Or get creative. Nuff said.
    • Like x 1
  10. Curveball Active Player

Didn't they swear to the heavens that they would never, ever do a name change event again after the last one was such a pain in the... erm... neck, only lower?
  11. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I agree, except I would lengthen the time to be longer than the previous two expansions. DCUO has a much much faster expansion release time frame than the game I think you're talking about. People who have left the game, or haven't remained loyal players for super long shouldn't be clogging up cool superhero/villain names that current and loyal players should have.

If they're no longer customers, then they shouldn't receive customer service. As Lady Blackhawk sais in Dark Multiverse, "It's that simple."
    • Like x 1
  12. MinieII New Player

I forgot my password like a idiot. Lmao, so I made this until I sort it out.

This is why questions exist. Assuming makes an @ss of yourself.

And I didn't make this thread, all I did is simply state if I agree or disagree. Which correct me if I'm wrong- is one of the reasons forums even exist.

And last of all. I'm satisfied with my name in game, and in the forums, don't mistake me for someone who is distraught because they don't have their "Dream" name. I simply see things through the eyes of the newer playerbase to come and know, this naming system is pure nonsense, to say the very least.
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

And you have made that question, along with many other statements regarding this subject across several threads and posts already on your previous account. What exactly is an assumption about my previous post? It's based on threads and posts you yourself among others have made, over and over again on this subject.

It's not nonsense at all, it's just part of a SEVERAL years-old game. And for somebody who isn't at all personally interested in new names, you sure do huff and puff about this very subject, a lot.
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Precisely. It's regular maintenance of the game. It's business, and it's a practice that is successfully implemented by other more successful businesses. Just because some players got the name they wanted does not mean that name purges aren't needed.

It's like walking into a restaurant where there are dozens of tables filled with dirty dishes and no customers, and one of the few customers who has a clean table to sit down at to eat is saying "This is fine for everyone", while the waitress claims they can't clean off the dirty tables in case those customers want to come back and finish their old meals. "Just go sit on the floor in the corner" might be physically possible, but it is not good business savvy to treat your current customers badly so that you can protect the former customers who are already gone.

Telling people to settle for cruddy names that aren't what they wanted, while the actual ones are being squatted on inactive level 4 characters from years ago, is akin to telling your restaurant patrons to eat on the floor. Just because it is possible does not mean that it is good customer service. If we treat the former customers better than we treat the current customers, then by showing our misguided priorities, we certainly will encourage those current customers to transition into becoming more of the former customers that are valued so much.
    • Like x 2
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Except for the fact that your name reclaims will not free up those popular, cool names that people want and will again send them right back here whining about being xXBatManXx instead of Batman. With a little imagination and creativity, you can get some cool names done, with or without a name reclaim.

A name reclaim wouldn't stop these threads from popping up, from the same usual suspects, because people don't want simply a wider range of names available, they want the most obvious of iconic and popular names available.
    • Like x 1
  16. Balton hero Committed Player

Well, this is taking a lot for granted. Can't speak for others, but the reason I would like a name reclaim is because the original characters I came up with(Hellhound, Hardware, and Coal Minor to name a few), I can't create because someone took their names who isn't using them. Yes, I was able to come up with other original characters, but should I have to?
    • Like x 1
  17. Brit Loyal Player

I can't presume to speak for everyone, but I can relate from my own personal experiences. I had the name "Great Brit" at launch. I kept that one through Megaserver mergers, but when we merged with PS4 I finally lost the name to a PlayStation player. And even though I had had it for a few years, I begrudgingly accepted it, because the other Great Brit was also actively involved, playing daily, and was slightly higher than me. Cool. I'm did not freak out about losing my name. Not one word of complaint.

He doesn't play anymore. Hasn't for over 2 years. His CR is frozen in place, he's never equipped an artifact, the character census shows me that he has had zero gear upgrade or skill point advancement in over 2 years. If he was even running the Vault, he would have moved up another 20CR just from the attunables. He's not playing the character at all.

I am cool with somebody else using the name I want. That's fine. It is frustrating, however, to lose a name to another player and then have them go inactive, but be unable to claim back what was previously mine. If they stop playing, if they're not going to use it, then that is the point of purging of inactive names.

If some other player got the name during a name purge, then fine. As long as they're active, I won't complain. The complaint that gets voiced in regards to a name purge is not "OMG, I want this name that I can't have". Instead it is an issue of the name being occupied by somebody who's not even playing it.

If somebody gets a parking spot that I wanted, or my favorite table at a restaurant, or whatever, I'm not so ridiculous to think that I need to be instantly given whatever I want. But once they are done using it, good customer service would suggest that it could be re-used for the next customer, and continue to pass forward for a better overall customer experience. Even if we don't get the names we want, at least we will know that they're actually being used.
    • Like x 3
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

If Jack gets what he says he wants eventually (server mergers so that PS, Switch, XBox and PC can all play together), we will have to deal with this issue one way or another.

Might not be a bad idea to start spitballing palatable solutions.
  19. MinieII New Player

You're assuming I made this new mysterious account to further push my ideas and request. Or maybe even was banned. Absolutely absurd.

And if you actually paid attention to my post records, you'd realize I clearly said " I KNOW A NAME RECLAIM WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER HAPPEN, BUT CAN WE GET ADDITIONAL SPACES, AND/ OR THE OPTION TO ADD SPECIAL CHARACTERS TO OUR NAMES"

It was something of that effect basically.
    Even Mepps commented on my thread something around the lines of "Names are a ongoing issue, definitely understand the feedback here."

so accept it or not. The points we as a community speak on about the naming systems and how it needs a revamp or update, is valid and cannot be absolutely ignored forever.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

For every player like, there are at least 4 others who will still complain. The only possible way a name reclaim can even possibly work or be useful is if they did it unannounced with no downtime. Even then there will be a lot of disappointed players. They need to either do something completely different or at the least offer another space (so that we have 2 spaces instead of 1) to allow for better creativity. If and when there's another merger, then it would make sense to do another name reclaim.

By the way, previous customers aren't being treated better than current customers. All customers, past and present, are being treated the same. Everyone gets a chance to walk away from the game and come back to what they had (minus major game changes).
    • Like x 2