Test Discussion Episode 36: Into the Dark Multiverse Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Nov 22, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Hallways
    • There is a pretty large delay in the spawn of the secondary adds in the hallways, you will wipe the first move to the second one and then after that the portal will spawn the add in the back which the group will have to go back to kill
    • In the hallways there is a DOT and a Stun effect that don't register in the combat log and appear to be random. The DOT at least has the aura on your body and can slow you in combat but the stun is the more annoying one that doesn't appear to have a trigger unless a player with an aura stuns players without one but that didn't seem to be the case either
    Card Puzzle
    • Firstly, I don't care whatever player in this thread or other feedback you get is crying and complaining do not change the concept of the puzzle, the concept is great and unique and works perfect fine in regular & elite *however certain bugs need to be fixed to bring it to a good state
    • There needs to be a message that you have failed, Batman will take damage and the cards will eventually reset but that is the only indicator you have failed the hand, there should be a red text indicator such as "FAILED" etc so you actually know that you did.
    • In Regular & Elite healers can heal Batman in the cage after he has taken damage, so I would assume if you fail enough times you just wipe because Batman will die? but that would never happen because any npc healing ability will restore his health.
    • Overall the sequences after a completed Hand need to be sped up, there is just too much downtime where you are standing around doing nothing while the next hand comes up and the portal opens.
    • In regular when they sent multiple cards at once from inside the portal room the instance bugged out and we had to disband as seen in the video below
    • In elite if the group wiped inside the 4 players on the outside had no way to end the fight, we were just standing around and eventually had to disband
    Hawkman Boss
    • Not sure what the plan is for the forge embers, currently they deal no damage unless they are close and explode on you which does insignificant damage in both regular and elite and they can't be CC'd by the tank and will follow players similar to the spores in the Ivy fight in MoM
    • Hawkman does insignificant damage to the tank in regular & elite where his only attacks seem to be a two weapon tap which will bring down a shield but easily healed through
    • In elite there is a damage check in the fight where you have to defeat hawkman in 5 phases of his ground pound or it will destroy all the rocks and one-shot everyone. A damage check is fine but that needs to be indicated somewhere in the text so players know. Also if you plan to buff the damage of the forge embers that complicates that quick of a damage check because you won't have time to defeat the embers before hawkman reaches his limit. (If that is intended for elite, that's fine but need some indication that is what you are going for)
    • The same with previous comments and fights the boss will not reset after a wipe and continues to fight the npc's even with the door being open and then if the npc's trigger his ground pound phase it can one shot group members standing in the hallway outside
    Barbatos Boss
    • Barbatos seems to always detaunt from the boss and pulse beam players. It happened to me when I was healing and throughout the footage of the complete raid below in this post. Wasn't sure if that is intended or a mechanic that I was missing. It happened if I was form changed into the merciless style or my normal form
    • Some players had to physically drop the ores into hawkman or it wouldn't accept it, I stood by him for a few seconds and it eventually took the ore so mixed results there
    • After we put the ore into hawkman and the actual fight started "Barbatos's Eradication Cone" damaged everyone in the cutscene in Regular & Elite down to 5-25% health which lead to easy deaths to start the fight with nothing the players could do about it. That damage can't happen, especially in elite
    • Wasn't clear in the Regular version at least what the blue etc form change did, was it supposed to protect us from the eradication cone throughout the fight?
    • The fight in regular only took 5min and that was in previous dlc gear/test server lag/low sp that is a pretty short fight compared to what it will be on live server and won't have much longevity. Barbato's health needs to be increased, even with the splitting damage with the other sub bosses out it was still way too quick of a fight
    • In the video below you will see it as well but once the Forge Point came up and Barbatos got within 10feet of it 5 cogs came up for us to turn, assuming to just end the fight and call in that orbital but they don't seem to be working right. Only 3/5 cogs were turning in our group and the cog only got to like 15% done and the fight just ended instantly. I would assume that all 5 cogs should be turned at once by players in the group to trigger that but that is not how it was working in regular.
    • Elite was not able to be tested properly as the Eradication Cone killed players in the cutscene and the door wouldn't open to progress
    • Like x 4
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

More Feedback:
    • After we had completed the 3 card hands (regular) the 4 players inside the portal were stuck there with no means to teleport back to the raid instance and they were in combat and were forced to disconnect from the server and relog so we could invite again. Obviously needs to have a teleporter inside the portal room.
    • Another example of the Focus Points and their questionable usage, in the following clip we had multiple players turn the cogs and we failed and had to start again, which we did but when it reached 50% of the cog the fight automatically ended? so still not sure how they are supposed to function.
  3. TLantern Developer

Any card with an attack arrow can take out any other card so long as the arrows don't touch. So yes, Robin could take out Superman because Superman's right side is "unguarded." Think of it this way, any side that does not have an arrow is vulnerable to attack.
    The Hierarchy rule comes into play when two arrows meet, like Batman and Robin. Batman attacks on the right >, and Robin attacks the Left <. When they meet, the stronger card will win. In this case it will be Batman. B> <R

I hope that helps.
  4. TLantern Developer

Thanks for your video Penryn! I'm fairly confidant I found out the problem. One of the random Unstable Energy NPCs was not updating a counter when it died, causing you to be stuck. This change should be in for the next patch.
  5. TLantern Developer

These videos were most helpful Zoe! There were a couple of problems actually, I responded to Penryn's video about one of them. The other happened after you lose the puzzle. There was a bug with how everything reset, so that's why after a wipe you got stuck. Both of these changes should be in with the next patch.
    • Like x 1
  6. TLantern Developer

Hey Geoforce! So the little Forge Embers are meant to attack random targets, so they can't be taunted. Did you find them too hard to kill or were they more annoying than anything? I'm open to feedback on them!

Your other 3 bug reports are definitely issues I will fix asap! Thanks again.
  7. TLantern Developer

The secures all have to be done almost at the same time, about 5 seconds after the first secure starts. I can see that the messaging for that is weak, i'll update it.
    • Like x 1
  8. L T Devoted Player

Messaging like "The Forge Embers are attacking Randomly!" might prevent tanks from being kicked in pug raids.
    • Like x 1
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Use the timer mechanic of the Last artifact secure in "Atlantis: The Throne" Raid as Template. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

would be nice if the arrows on the card would be a variable meaning Batman can get arrows in any direction not just to the right, it would make the card game less repetitive but requires more coding of course with all the possibilities which would follow-up.

I guess no time for a game in a game :p
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coming soon: Legends PVE Card game
    • Like x 1
  12. TLantern Developer

I really wanted to make a game within a game!
    • Like x 1
  13. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

they are annoying in elite because it randmoly killed a healer of ours ( 5 of them punced him :D), and it also it is a damage check in regards to the time limit we have to kill before he breaks all the rocks. with his skull move in the middle ..
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Feedback (Elite) - 3 Days Before DLC Release
    • Forgemaster Hawkman still doesn't reset after a wipe consistently and requires the raid group to warp rally and run down the hallways and back....
    • Forgemaster Hawkman during the fight all the assist NPC's will routinely block Hawkman from moving to the center to do his slam which increases the duration of the forge embers exploding on the group hiding behind the rocks as the group must do because Hawkman could break free from the npc's at anytime and finish going to the center
    • [IMG]
    • Forge Embers will continually re-spawn so no point in killing them and if you don't kill some of them all it takes is one explosion from them to one shot you?
    • Still was not told if it was intended or not that the Forgemaster Hawkman has a enrage mechanic where after a set number of phases will explode all the rocks and kill everyone
    Cannot progress to final boss testing at the moment because of all the chaos that the 2nd boss is
  15. TLantern Developer

In what conditions is Hawkman not resetting? I've checked the data and he should reset if all players are KO'd. Part of the Test server is to help us figure out the edge cases and why something that should be working isn't. Is your group doing something specific each time Hawkman does not reset? Any details will help, like what your group is dying to, or did the reset work for a while then stop? Is he getting stuck by the NPC's that you mentioned above? etc.

Hawkman is supposed to do a knockback AOE periodically when he goes to do his big AOE. I can increase the frequency when he starts the phase to do the AOE.

Forge Embers are spawned on a timer. So eventually they'll overwhelm you, so it might be a good idea to KO them. In the case of the one shot, are they consistently one-shotting you? Or is it only sometimes? Because Hawkman has an attack where he summons down debris of dead planets. They are denoted with arrow indicators on the ground before they fall, there are about 4 of them. When they hit you they will debuff your defense, healing output, and power output. In the combat log it should be called "Dead Planet Decay".

Batman should have a VO line that calls out the weakening of the boulders. After he says the line a red mid-screen message should say "Hawkmans Attacks Weaken the Boulders!" Because yes, each boulder has hit points and can be destroyed if they are hit enough times.
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

In our test last night TLantern, when we wiped on Hawkman he simply just would not reset. He would continue to remain in combat with the NPC's doing attacks and what not. Until everyone in the group but one player ran far away, and then the one lone player runs in and dies, the boss fight would not properly reset. Happened consistently every time we wiped.
    • Like x 1
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It was nearly every attempt, there may have been one without it. There may have been one attempt when a player was waiting on the outside but I believe they were just all normal wipes where hawkman would still be fighting the npcs after the fact.

In regards to the NPC's getting hawkman stuck that happened each and every attempt. We would be fighting in the left hand side of the room (from the entrance) towards the middle and they would swarm him and when hawkman would become immune to trigger that phase he wouldn't be able to move for 30-45 seconds after. While the group was behind the rocks is when the forge embers would start to swarm players but we can't move because the hawkman is trying to walk to the center.

In terms of the Embers themselves the damage seemed to range, I would see 20-60k which did not kill and then the ones that would kill would be 90-100k and one-shot. I did not die nor see Dead Planet Decay in the log I would have to run another attempt. It wasn't the hawkman boss that would wipe the group it would be the forge embers. I am not sure if its a build up in damage for how many there are but it's just hard to predict when 4 are around you and you live just fine and then another time its a oneshot
    • Like x 1
  18. DIIV New Player

@TLantern
    Elite: Last boss fight (Bug)

Leaguemate and I test this on November 30, 2019. We could not find the time to test after the latest patch. Since i saw no others group done this or report any of this last boss fight on Elite version. So here are the list of bug :-

04:03 - After we wiped the shield door not properly reset, had to go far back to open it.

07:06 - We got attack at the cut-scene when the sub-boss arrive. Those who still in cut-scene for some reason unable to move and get one-shot right away.

13:56 - After few wipe, the sub-boss got bug. They didn't spawn and i was able to interact with Forge 10th metal (min 15:09) whenever it spawn for me or for the other players while we were damaging Barbatos. Able to finish it easily. Too easy..

Group can easily beat it if that sub-boss bug happen. Hope this can be fix before the DLC going live.
  19. TLantern Developer

Thanks for the video, it's helpful! These issues should be fixed for tomorrow!
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Saw this and had a good laugh :p:p:p:p:p

[IMG]
    • Like x 2