gear instances to SP as well as CR?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Heliotropix, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Heliotropix Well-Known Player

i've been playing about 6 months now, and have 2 276's, a couple of 250+, several over 200...but they've all got about 150 cr...i don't think that's bad for 6 months, and i'm working on it, spend at least one day a week not even looking at cr, just grinding as many SP as i can...but some things are ridiculously hard at 150 SP...all the solos from iceberg lounge up are a real pain with 150 sp.
    i know i could just quit playing new content at all until i'm up over 200, but that's very dull and boring, and you quickly lose interest in doing it, end up walking away from the keyboard eventually....
    i'm not asking for anyone to hand me anything, but if i'm supposed to do CR relevant content, adjust it for the players SP as well....
    i know this would help a LOT of people...i've heard them saying how much they hate doing the solo instances, and the duos unless they have over 200 sp...and it takes a little while to get to 200 sp...a lot longer than it takes to get to the iceberg lounge
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its really not possible to do that and even at 200 SPs, its still a tough place. As the game was designed with the Revamp, the only answer is to go and get more Skill Points. Check your Gen Mods, your White tac Mods b/c all of those help out but I dont see them changing that old content. Once you get the groove of the boss fights it gets easier. Even in the later Episodes youll find difficulty and the answer will still be to get more skill points. 150 is mighty fine especially in the short time. But keep in mind too, the rule of thumb from the Devs is as long as you're Skill Points match or are close to your CR, you'll do fine in at tier content. If having difficulties, time for more Skill Points or readjust the approach.
    • Like x 1
  3. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

I was actually curious if the game still presented a challenge for newer players. I didn't know if the content in switch seemed easier because of nerfs or if it's eight years of experience. Glad it can still provide a decent challenge!
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No offense, but it could be your loadout, playstyle or skill vs SP that's hindering you. Yes, SP helps, and helps a lot once you get pretty high, but I've run through most of those solos with my 'bank' or scrub toons when farming some extra source, cats or collections and I don't buy SP on bank toons...most have 60 or less SP at 100-200CR. Definitely keep looking to increase SP...every bit helps, but you might need to look at a few other things as well.

Good luck,
    Reinheld
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

You need quite a bit of planning to increase your SP in an efficient manner. You also need to have a couple of people at least who are also looking to increase their SP as much as possible. This helps in making the SP feat hunting a whole lot less grindy, and prevents gameplay from becoming monotonous.
    • Like x 1
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

well there are other factors too, artifacts, and power set. Not just sps you have to worry about but also building your artifacts up at the same time.
  7. AV Loyal Player

Ideally you should still focus on getting your CR as high as possible as quickly as possible via group content and then the SP will flow naturally. Keep queueing into the highest group content you can and all of the feats you're trying to grind out will either come naturally or become exponentially easier to complete.