New Zeus Orbital Animation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cozminot, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Cozminot Level 30

Has anyone else seen the new animation to the Zeus trinket orbital? It’s a shell of what it once was. I know tanks have issues with the flashing and brightness of it but now it’s disappointing. I feel like it got stripped down so bad and not much of a compromise. I think in one fight I wasn’t sure if I even got my orbital off only to see now it was on cool down. Is this a bug after some of the changes recently or are we now left with this. If anyone has an insight I would love to hear.

Thank you
    • Like x 2
  2. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Unpopular opinion probably but I kinda like it better now. :D
    • Like x 3
  3. Dene Devoted Player

I thought the same.. amongst all the other animations, i couldnt see or hear it at all.. I was worried lol
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah this needs to be changed back, I know some people didn't like the orbital for graphical reasons but this new version of the zeus orbital bug or otherwise is tragic.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

It's even more stupid when you consider that if tanks are having a problem seeing.... They can adjust the strength of the effects, thereby solving the problem without ruining people that spent's good time.
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Of course, doing that affects all effects. Not just the Zeus orbital, not just other player effects, it changes everything. So you end up making it harder to see boss/add/environmental effects on your character or the grounds by changing that setting.

Over all, there's a graphical overload in the game, and even with your graphics settings to max, the system will not always display everything in a crowded area with many things going on at the same time. So it could be that the important effect you are looking for gets dropped anyway, which can end up causing a wipe it messing up a feat.

So while I like the Zeus orbital, I'm fine with player attack effects getting toned down until they are able to assign priority to boss/add/environmental effects, and perhaps set those on a different slider as well.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

While it may do that... There are other ways to see almost all of those effects. You can tell when you've been debuffed simply by looking at your name, you can tell if you're taking dots by the health floating away, etc. But considering how short the animation is and how limited it is for caring compared to other, more busy and constantly cast powers, it's going to take more convincing than " once or twice every two minutes for two seconds it's hard to see"
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I never personally had a problem with Zeus orbital, my biggest concern is effects dropping off from too much going on at the same time. Sure, some of the boss/add/environmental effects can be "seen" by other methods, but there are others that can't. For example, the Shadow golem that was added in jld will put a pool under some people for one of his skull attacks. You have a short time after the pool appears to move out of it, or it starts draining your life too fast to do anything about it. Sure, you can move when you see a skull, but if you can't see the pools you can't be sure you aren't moving into one. There are other example of this as well (not being able to see the ships or direction of the floor blasts in machine is another one).
  9. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I noticed this yesterday and got carried away and was curious if anyone else noticed. Glad I’m not the only one
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Haven't sen it yet but if it's toned down...THANK GOD!!! So many missed skulls due to that obnoxious thing...
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

they should develop power inspired orbitals. a few coud currently fit into that mold for munitions, celestial, electricity...but how about ones for nature, mental, ice, fire etc etc...

also it would be fun to see the roof collapse when you set one off.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

13. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Yeah it broke my heart when I saw this new animation. I spent good money to get the lightning of the gods. Now it's like a shell. And funny how people have a problem with this orbital but have zero to say about the void orbital and it's pool of darkness especially in say Darkness rising when one of the bosses attacks is a beam of darkness with a dark pool. Or about quantum. Or water animations (especially the pool when it covers the bosses aoes or mechanics) no a ten second lightning bolt is worse. Not the henchmen that look exactly like the henchmen in game (ahem man-bat ahem). Nope lightning bolt is worse.
    • Like x 2
  14. redwolfyogi Well-Known Player

HL&Rage Could get a huge column of light just come down (would be cool)
    Quantum could have one similar to the gravity well but look like the Shadow orbital
    Mental is tough. i have no idea
    Gadets could have a turret shoot beams down

Water could have a huge version of Waterspout that comes up instead of down,
    Nature could have a huge vine coming up as well.
    Sorcery a have a small version of the circle with some effects flashing around

Fire could just have a huge flame from the sky or kinda like the flames from the Justice League Dark lamp
    Ice could be the animation from the Supercharge just in a smaller Area
    Earth could have falling rocks.
    Atomic is also another i have no idea lol

But ive had ideas of this for a while lol
    • Like x 1
  15. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Hope it stays like that.
    • Like x 1
  16. OG ELITE Committed Player

Should’ve added a foot shuffle animation to it because now it looks like a glorified static shock lol
  17. Cozminot Level 30

Everyone all has fair and great points. Thank you.
    My problem with it is,

One: the fix wasn’t a good compromise. If initially the animation caused gameplay issues (which I have never experienced a wipe because of my zeus orbital or anyone else’s) it should have been tested and adjusted to ensure smooth gameplay and adjustments made if tanks had problems with brightness. Dull it down like they did with quantum years ago.

Two: When released many fell in love with the look of the orbital and chanced Time Capsules to get it or did what I did, which was to pay in game cash for it. Now what it looks like is not worth the in game cash I spent or if I got it opening Time Capsules. Feel kind of robbed. The point of cosmetics in the game is striving to get what we like to fulfill our character’s look.

Three: I don’t like how it was done with no mention that I know of or even a discussion. In the end I know it’s the Devs trying to please the masses but i don’t feel a compromise was made in the end. It was not a free orbital or obtain it through X amount of marks, and at the time we didn’t know there would be a Quarks vendor that would come out. So we got it any way we could because of how much some of us desired it.
    I hope a Dev reads this just to know that it gets disappointing when something like this gets changed.
    • Like x 2