Cash Cap Should Be Higher.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Aug 6, 2019.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The PlayStation network outage and subsequent SOE game shutdown took place in the spring of 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_PlayStation_Network_outage

DCUO went free to play in November of 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Online

Anyone who was playing DCUO when the SOE hack took place was paying a subscription. The three tiers of membership (and accompanying cash caps for non-subscribers) didn't take effect until almost six months later.

I don't know what situation you're describing, but it WASN'T the hack.
    • Like x 5
  2. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

I don't want they remove the cash cap entirely neither, the difference between memberships must to exist but the other side of the discussion just don't want increase the cash cap, because they aren't understanding that isn't about remove all the limit, so is they are stupids, have tons of post like this and there are all the arguments and facts, but seems like they do not even read them, but when someone call stupid to other all pay attention... They are stupiiiids kids.
  3. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

As I said I don't remember well but they gave a feat too like "I survive the hack" or something like that, just the olds have that feat, and I have it and I wasn't playing b4 the ftp
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

That's the thing, though, to get the hack feat and any of the other gifts that came along with it (Batman mask, Two-Face face piece, hoodie) you had to have been playing before the game went free-to-play. Otherwise you got a bunch of gifts that you shouldn't have gotten.
    • Like x 1
  5. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Anyway they released the game membership a lot of times after that too, so the non-cash cap was tested in more than one situation, the primary money of this kind of games come more from the styles and useless stuffs in the market place, the membership is a plus extra. U can see this mechanical in games like "path of exhile" the only difference in PoE and DCUO is just the membership. This game can survive even without that.
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

1. To the best of my knowledge and recollection, they've never temporarily removed the cash cap on free-to-play/premium members. They've had open episode promotions that allow all membership tiers to access all the episodes in the game, but I can't recall any sort of cash cap removal going along with it.

2. And you know this for a fact how? You have access to the financial information regarding DCUO?

Like I said before, subscriptions are more or less guaranteed income for Daybreak, and any business worth its salt is not going to do anything to jeopardize guaranteed income for the company. Unless you can guarantee that there won't be any loss of steady income from subscriptions due to a large cash cap increase or guarantee that incoming FTP/premium players would somehow make up for that lost guaranteed income, the chances of that larger/substantial increase some are demanding are probably going to remain pretty low.
    • Like x 1
  7. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Look... Think whatever you want, they removed the cash cap in the moment they decided gift the membership for one completely month, ok? Maybe wasn't like I remember as a compensation for the hack, but in one-way or another they released the full membership for 1 month at least 2 or 3 times for everyone, included free players, the game still alive after that, and with more players than never, again, this already happened if you can't find the information search deeper, I don't know what you want I say... And for sure I'm not the only one who remember this Christmas gifs
  8. Rainnifer Committed Player

1 measly month of free membership would in no way greatly impact the game and it's financial state. It would barely affect those who already have a paid membership, and those who didn't weren't thinking of paying for one anyways. 1 month is relatively short and you can't base your entire argument for why they can "live" with no cash cap just because of this. They never removed the cash cap, and they never will.

You clearly just want the cash cap removed so that you don't have to pay for a sub to benefit from it, this is what I'm getting from your repeated statements.
    • Like x 3
  9. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Maybe is may bad English but I don't feel like if you were understanding what I'm talking about, if they released the membership that's mean no cash cap in consequence, I agree with you in that part you talk about it wasn't a big impact in the game, so how less will be the none cash cap then?! For god sakes, how can't you see it?! For this kind of thing I believe all are dumbs... The cash cap is literally like 100 ranges below against a month of free membership, use ur brain!

And NO I DONT WANT THE REMOVE CASH CAP! I'm just saying INCREASE THE CASH CAP 1K PER PURCHASED DLC do the maths dude is like 35k or below...

U know what? I'm done with both... Go fk urslfs
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Working under the assumption that they did do that, you're still talking about them doing it two or three times total over the course of seven to eight years. That's not proof the game could survive without it, that's an occasional promotional event, at best.

"Take my word for it" or "you didn't look hard enough" isn't enough. If you want to make statements like "they did such and such" or "the game can survive if this thing happens" then you'd better have some substantial and solid information to back up those statements.

You'll pardon me if I remain skeptical in the meantime.
    • Like x 1
  11. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

this right here is the truth, so many fake people on here say the same thing.
  12. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

And you just contradicted yourself lol.
  13. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

obviously she subs cause she enjoys more than just cash cap raise, is that too hard to figure out?
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Gifting people membership status isn't removing the cash cap, it's gifting people membership access lol.
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

You must not enjoy the game anymore than? quick question, why do you sub to a game you don't enjoy?
  16. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Couldn't had said this any better. +1
  17. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

that's true!
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How so? If the OP's original idea of:
    was a reality, I would have no reason to keep my sub up for the 2 months of waiting for the next episode. I'm geared up, I'm only playing outdoor content atm and saving up Nth Metal. If the cash cap was $29,345 I wouldn't have to worry about repairs, selling items on the broker or anything that requires cash. So when he asked me a dumb question:
    That was a stupid question because why would I choose to struggle with a cap of $3000? I'm still playing what I want from the game that I pay $15 a month for.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

There's no capital "S" on the word "star"

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Cause you denied subbing for cash only to say you will unsub if premiums get the cash cap removed.