Random Videos :)

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by BƖack, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Helderman Dedicated Player

Happy Superman Day!

• Like x 1
  2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  3. Batrederik Dedicated Player

“It Was The Batman”
    • Like x 1
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

If you liked Aqua Teen Hunger Force...

• Like x 1
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I think someone hung around the temporal field emitter too long...

• Like x 1
  6. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

There was nowhere else to post this. I typically play my own music while playing the game. And there's just something about playing this song, while doing missions in Gotham:
    • Like x 1
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  8. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Smoking might be dangerous to ones health and so is being around me when i detox off of coffee and tea.

• Like x 2
  9. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Robin: You fought in the DCUO Wars?
    Dev Kenobi : Yes. I was once a Bat knight, the same as your father. [Dev Kenobi referring to Batrederik]
    Robin: I wish I'd known him.
    Dev Kenobi : He was the best star player in the game, and a cunning warrior. I understand that you've become quite a good player yourself.
    [sorrowfully]
    Dev Kenobi : And he was a good player.
    Dev Kenobi : I have something here for you. Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't allow it. He feared you might follow old Dev Kenobi on some damn fool idealistic crusade like your father did. [referring to Batrederik]
    Robin: What is it?
    Dev Kenobi : Your father's batarang. This is the weapon of a Bat Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. For over a thousand generations, the Bat Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Gotham. Before the dark times... before the Joker.
    • Like x 2
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ooo, just spotted a plothole- Kenny said that Luke's daddy wanted him to have his saber when he was old enough, butt Annie didn't know he had a son...
    • Like x 1
  11. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Did Annie know. Did he know? I mean the truth is often what we make of it.
    You heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe.
    But if we assume a few things were said off-screen like this
    (So from Off-screen interactions:)
    * After learning Padme was pregnant, Anakin told her that he hoped for a son and that one day he'd like to give his own lightsaber to his son when he was old enough.
    * Padme relayed this information to Obi-Wan when she was giving birth to the twins.
    * When Obi-Wan brought Luke to his aunt and uncle he conveyed the same message.
    * Uncle Owen, however, wouldn't allow it as he was afraid Luke might be tempted to get involved in :D Kenobi's "idealistic crusade" like Anakin did :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Before you say anything.
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, and he believed she died before giving birth
    • Like x 1
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

He had a dream of her dying during childbirth. Jedi are known to have premonitions of the future.

+ This was established way back when Luke foresaw Han and Leia in danger at the Cloud City.
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The future is not set, he had that dream before he choked her on Mustafa (or whatever that damn planet was called)
    • Like x 1
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  17. Batrederik Dedicated Player

“Here’s What I Can Tell You”
    I will slap you time and time again if you don't get it into your head that Anakin only had two dreams. In his first dream we hear Padme screaming "Anakin, help me!", yet in the second we see it is Obi-Wan with her. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

• Like x 2
  19. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

First off, it was Mustafar.

Second, let me help you out here a bit. By that, I will provide another example, but from a different universe. The "Potter-verse", if you will. Remember the prophecy that was told to Voldemort? A young witch by the name of Sybill Trelawney sought out Hogwarts Headmaster Albus Dumbledore for a teaching job at the school of witchcraft & wizardry. During the interview at the Hogs Head in Hogsmeade, she went into a trance like state, having what some in the wizarding world called a "vision", detailing a prophecy. A young wizard by the name of Severus Snape was caught listening in on this, and only heard part of it. He was thrown out of the establishment, and then ran off to inform Voldemort of what he heard.

The prophecy as follows:
    "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies.... "

The prophecy was not heard in its entirety, and therefore, Snape only gave part of the information to Voldemort. The prophecy involved TWO children born at the end of July, them being Harry Potter & Neville Longbottom. Voldemort chose Harry because of similarities between him and the child. Both were half bloods, and felt that there was a little of himself in Harry. So to Voldemort, Harry was the threat and became the target. As Dumbledore said to Harry when explaining the prophecy to him near the end of "Order of the Phoenix", Voldemort had put too much faith or stock in the prophecy. It may not have come true of no action was taken, but because Voldemort feared what "may" come to pass, his actions made it come true.

How does this relate to the discussion at hand? Like the "Lost Prophecy," Anakin put too much stock in the vision that he had of Padme. He did not understand it, he did not know the details, but he feared what he did not know, and feared that he would lose what he loved. And therefore he let that fear control his actions, and ultimately caused what would eventually kill the only love of his life.
    • Like x 1
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Å
    We should also group-slap you for posting an off-topic reply in this thread. mad Anyway :) .
    Back to the topic he worried about his dreams and these types of dreams shouldn't be ignored but in reality and nonerelity there are always cross roads you can go left right forward but not backwards

So if you mess it up there no turning back that's life. But Anikin did what he thought was right *.

P.S. and no dream on mustafar.
    • Like x 1