Nature V Earth V Electricity

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Victory122, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Victory122 Level 30

Hi all.
    So, after returning and reacquainting myself with the game, I'm trying to decide between these three power sets. I'm looking for something that looks cool but is also useful when it comes to dps. From what I've read and watched on YouTube, earth seems to be the simplest of the three. I wanted to hear your opinion about these three powers, and how they compare in dps, and visuals.

Thanks in advance
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Are you ONLY interested in the DPS and not in any of these powerset's support roles?
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can't speak much about Nature, that power set has never really appealed to me.

Earth is a fun one and has some cool visuals, plus it can work great as a base for a super strength/Kryptonian style power set (just add Freezing Breath and Heat Vision LOL). Jackhammer can be considered a go-to/must-have power as it does decent AOE damage around your character, but excessive spamming not only drains power quick but also can be a bit annoying for those around you. If you aren't going the super strength kind of route then the Crystal golem is a pretty useful pet to have around. There are a couple of ways to go for Tanking, but I'll leave that for others to talk about as I don't get much Tanking practice in at the moment.

Electricity is a good power as well with some fun visuals, and really shines when it comes to multiple targets. The arcing of Arc Lightning can hit a lot of opponents plus can throw some minor heals your way when used, for example. It gets a little more challenging when it comes to single-target DPS, though, but there are ways to supplement your damage via movement powers or weapon mastery moves. As far as Healing it's more of a burst heal set than heal over time.

Just my quick take, I'm sure others will go more in depth and/or correct me on things I may have misstated. LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

nature: visuals? yes, DPS? NO!, earth; visuals? kind of meh with a lot of dirt and sand everywhere but okay, DPS? rather outstanding but be prepared to spam. electricity: nice visuals, DPS is decent in most situations barring single target; though this can be fixed with some effort.
  5. Victory122 Level 30

I was good at healing and trolling, but I just want to ease my way back into the game. Never liked tanking. I will probably find myself sliding back into the support roles sooner rather than later though.
  6. Victory122 Level 30

So nature is only good as a healer? It used to be decent at DPS one upon a time. Good to know though
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No, he has that backwards. Visuals is blah but damage is top tier with SC/EoG spam.
    • Like x 1
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

first one's a matter of perspective, however nature is only good in damage with a specific artifact/goriilla and wolf form, something i was reluctant to suggest due to possible disinterest. the OP may or may not like wolf or gorilla form, something i could not be certain about.
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

nature can still hit some high DPS numbers, but without highly extensive modding and costly artifact leveling it's best bet is wolf/gorillia form, if you're okay spending most of your raiding time as a primate or a wolf then it's fine DPS wise.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are other SC options.
  11. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I've used Gorilla form a lot when I was doing the 'kill 410' type tasks, because I could take opponents out pretty fast. But I can understand people not wanting to have to change to Gorilla or Wolf just to be effective. I remember someone saying they hated the Titans Island daily 'Get Into Mech Suit' mission because they spend time and effort into getting their appearance just the way they want it and learn their powers, only to have to get into a Mech suit which changes everything.

I've messed around with Atomic and Light and for both of them there are the Mouse button Tap/Hold combos for some powers (obviously I'm on PC). To be honest, I am terrible at 1) remembering what the combos are and 2) actually getting some to work twice in a row. Perhaps if I played my Atomic or Light character a whole lot I would eventually get better, But for now, I avoid those powers because I know at my current level of 'combo skill' (almost non-existent) I wouldn't be very effective, especially in alerts / raids. But that's just me.

The way I look at it in the end is, if you're not worried about min/maxing (and for some people that is their enjoyment, so that's fine too), play the power you enjoy, and have fun.
    • Like x 1
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

any...earth is the easiest to play atm...just my opinion...E next...then nature...this is the moment in our show where youve already read by someone nature is this or that...but my nature guy beat a CR 40 something when she did Bludhaven ...and she wasnt even 30 yet...but i still think Earth is easiest just jack all over everything...anyways...
  13. Victory122 Level 30

Thanks all.
  14. L T Devoted Player

NO.

Nature is probably the strongest might based dps ability right now. Requires form changing though.

Edit: caught up on the thread a little more and have this to say about artifacts: artifacts are a thing now; get over it. NO power set is any good at all without leveled up artifacts. You don't need them all maxed out right this minute, but content is designed around you having them.
    • Like x 1
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i dont play donkey kong and my nature does fine....roar is easily one of the most effective powers nature has...but yes you probably end up a werewolf and hideous to look at...transformation should have been its own power...hate that you have to be a werewolf or primate at all