Revolutionary Idea for DCUO Skill Points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by silversuitcase, May 27, 2019.

1. recoil2 Dedicated Player

Please don't discriminate against low SP players. I will only ask you this once.[/quote]

i'm "low" SP (roughly 123 SP) and find the idea stupidly arbitrary as well as asininely and tediously redundant. we don't "need" feats set back to zero or "given" to us, and your idea would actually HURT SP and feat hunting worse than it already is, why do you think i have 123 SP? it's cause most of my runs of "regular" content/elite is full of players who CAN'T complete the instance raids, some of them with literally quadruple my SP. want to get players back? one word i've been saying over and over: Tu-tor-ial. the only way people will "comeback" to this game is if it ever becomes playable, and given the sucky tutorial revamp we got which teaches literally nothing, i don't think that will ever be a time soon........if ever. we need to TEACH players how to do support roles and the importance of ALL roles in combat, otherwise raids and alerts with feats in them will continuously be un-achievable and or ridiculously hard to attain, believe it or not but competent people in DCUO are in short supply. if "feats" for SP are a problem, then tackle the issue at the root, don't punish legitimate hard work for the fault of ignorance in the vaster population. instead of taking everybody to square one, make getting to square 10 practical by sensible efforts and actions. trust me i'd LOVE to have roughly 300 SP, but bringing it to 0 wouldn't help someone like myself and many others in the slightest, because our problem is that RAIDING makes us want to rip our hair out and run outside laughing like a mad man..... solve the cause of the disease, don't just soothe the symptoms. that's one thing DCUO just didn't get right, the community/MMO content of the game, and unfortunately since DCUO is an MMO, that's a fairly fatal mistake to be made.
    • Like x 3
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Worst idea since... well... since the Big Bang.
    • Like x 1
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

There is a word in the middle of the alphabet. Do you know what it is?

There is a way to fix your problem... join a league with people who can help you get more SP. Stop worrying about current elite stuff... stop worrying about the past 2 DLCs... start worrying about all of that earlier stuff that you SHOULD be able to breeze through. Pick an episode and work on it as part of your daily grind. You don't have to work on all of them at once. Alternatively go and look through all of the older DLCs and find the easy one-time feats that don't require multiple parts. Then go DLC by DLC and finish them out. Nobody... and I mean NOBODY wants to repeat doing the 500 Central City bounties. Just because you didn't finish them isn't a reason to punish everyone else. Same for the 250 bottle duos... or 105 Starro conquerors... you get the idea. Quit trying to pee in everyone else's cornflakes and get to grinding.
    • Like x 2
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Hahahaha yeah I was lost there too
    • Like x 1
  5. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

April Fools' Day was over a month ago.
    • Like x 4
  6. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. Controller Devoted Player

OP - The best thing I can tell you is join a league that will help new players with SP grinding...

You should start from scratch...day one...trust me on this MANY of these feats are SPECIAL and you will get much satisfaction from getting them if you WORK at them...

The Toyman Dailies....the Ace Chemical Dailies....these are just a few...

Many of us here have ALREADY did this. Not fair for us to do them again.

Not sure how many SPs you have (you didn't mention this IIRC), but it wouldn't be fair to folks who have been here YEARS and grinded to where they are now.

"I" will even help you if you want....my ONLY stipulation to this is ONLY WEEKENDS...and YOU make the group via LFG - not ME. Been there, done that.....

I will gladly Troll (preferably) or Heal (I'm a decent healer) for you to help you get some feats but AGAIN "YOU" have to make the group. I'll help you with the actual feat.

You should be familiar with the feat, too - don't want to end up doing all the work for you but again I'll play the Troll or Heal role to help you out...........

WEEKENDS only...send an in-game mail to my main (Mace Cosmos) if interested.

AGAIN - "YOU" make the group - not ME. I'll Troll or heal the content for you.
    • Like x 1
  8. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Face after face contorted in hate, men, women, children. Whatever lies had been voiced against me had clearly gained near-universal acceptance. I knew then that, regardless of what transpired here, my home was now lost to me. It wasn’t just that these people would never accept me, more that I would never forgive their gullibility.
    • Like x 1
  9. Controller Devoted Player

OP -

I also do not believe that the rare auras exist with "JUST" the high SP players...whomever is fortunate enough to have one of these auras more than likely got them via RNG with the TCs or saved up enough in-game money to get them from the Broker...

I personally have none of the auras you listed.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Umm, no. Especially considering a majority of SP now come from time capsules. Pay to win anyone? Lol.
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well, if the shoe fits.

Also, change your signature. I, and others, can't take you seriously. Your like one if the annoying people in the watchtower begging me for free stuff.

Why don't you save up and buy one? Last I saw, they were like 300mil or so. Most players should have no problem making a mil or more every day from drops. You cant save up and buy your own? Kinda like skill points. You don't want to do they work, like most of us did, but you want rewarded for being new?
  12. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

SMFH. You cant be serious?
  13. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Explane me why i will buy feats if im going to lose all every newyear? bro... is crap, if u have low sp or dont have that shity auras just play more.

Devs pls take note, ban this guy from formus.
  14. silversuitcase Active Player

You should change your signature it's bigger than my original post.
  15. silversuitcase Active Player

You shouldn't be so mean. Me just trying to voice my opinion. I don't have to explane meself to you if you are just going be rude and use foul language.
  16. silversuitcase Active Player

Opinions are like fingernails, all of people have one.
  17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

yes but all people's fingernails are different, just like other biometric formations like finger prints and irises; in this case everybody agrees that this would be a bad idea. a better one to propose would not be to tear down everyone's hard work, but rather instead try to make catching up easier in general as: long que times, lack of general player competency at all tiers in completing raids/alerts, and limited time are what keep players generally avoiding altogether/having difficulty with feat farming for SP. the first two go hand in hand and have a root cause, solve the root cause and the third won't be a problem any longer in most cases on an individual trial basis. if ques were faster and raids/feat riddled content had higher success rates of completion, feats wouldn't be that hard. with some of the more time extensive feats a player with limited time could have about 1 SP a week.
    • Like x 1
  18. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Compared to the bad ideas I've seen over my time on the forum I have to give this one a superman smashing..........NO!
  19. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

If it were to happen which it wouldn't but IF it did many will leave in droves .
    • Like x 1
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1