back to skill points dont matter

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Son1cPT, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

I just want to ask what happens to the rage power. so many things with skill points matter and now we're back to the same?
    i just dont understand this.
    QUESTION: WHY YOU "DEVS" DID IT?
    everything was fine at first, but with the passage of time it's all coming back to the same
    WHATS GOIN ON? WHY YOU GUYS ARE MESSING WITH THE POWERS?
  2. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

What do u mean? Rage Op? Rage poop?
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just don't understand this post.
    Please clarify.
  4. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

I don’t get it either but I will try and understand
  5. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Ok the only thing I digested from this is the Op Is saying he feels like skill points don’t matter anymore he liked the way the game was during the early stages of the revamp and basically we are headed back down the path of what the game was before revamp.

It’s not so much the powers though buddy.

Artifacts are the kiss of death

The more we get =The more possibilities and the more possibilities = higher chances of cheese and the higher chances of cheese can send the game down a dark path. Increasing the artfiact levels is just an over kill.

Just look at the complaints the eye of Gemini alone raises.
    • Like x 3
  6. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

I agree to an extent the game was in a better light during the early stages when the revamp first dropped.

You could feel SP actually meaning something
    Trolling felt better heck some groups even used two trolls starting out
    Old content felt good to play again because things didn’t die in seconds
    Score board numbers were much more balanced
    Healing took more skill

The only thing that really needed to be looked into was how super strong shields were

But again artfiacts & kiddies crying really stripped the game down I guess it wasn’t casual friendly enough. I’ll play it regardless though
    • Like x 1
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The revamp was intended to make STATS matter. That's why it was a stat revamp and not a skill point revamp.

Considering the majority of our stats come from gear, SP (and the stats that can come from SP spending) was never going carry the weight that some wanted.
    • Like x 7
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

Couldn’t agree more. I think there was a misinterpretation of Stats = SP.
    • Like x 1
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

artifacts happened
    • Like x 3
  10. majosea Dedicated Player

I have feeling a that the next revamp of powers will and have the artifacts & augments included because they are add to the game after the stats revamp was done .

the revamp was a let down
    nerf powers it breaking the game
    ok done

then the question is why put artifacts boost damage in the game
    the reason for the nerf because players were at the time too strong.
    if arfiacts giving so much % of a boost in damage
    then arfiacts would be breaking the game
    its puts in back to sqare one
    so glad I did'nt spend money on seals
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree 100% ... Look the revamp made SP a bit more important but the fact was and IS the majority of all stats comes from what a character has on its back. Armor was and is the biggest factor in game. Artifacts and augments fixed what was frankly becoming a nightmare as far as Modding that armor was concerned. The higher we got the longer it took to gather all the stuff we needed to build Mods and then you HAD to have Recall Kits or when you git better armor all that stuff git tossed in the garbage.. NOW? The artifacts and augments are not attached to gear at all and you can change it daily and the bonus you get from them stays with you. One HUGE less thing to run around trying to accomplish so we actually have more time to PLAY the game.
    • Like x 2
  12. majosea Dedicated Player

same thing for the adaptive augments for content
    once lvl it would be breaking content in away just
    as the powers once did
  13. Proxystar #Perception

To be honest, I'd like to see the devs rip stats away from gear more and push more in to artifacts, stat points and augments.

This would serve the purpose of making this a less vertical mmo with more diverse and horizontal progression.

Theres too much gear up, replay, rinse repeat and not enough long term character tasks and progression.
    • Like x 5
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I'd like this also. As is, players like myself can still take long breaks and come back and zip to end game with a little play, some in game money, and TC gear.
    • Like x 1
  15. August Moon Well-Known Player

maybe reduce the gear stats by a bit but increase the % that stat points and augments give . artifacts...........oh god no. buuuuut something you can get a little easily. kind of getting tired of hearing people with little any skillpoints influence and convince up and coming players that skill points dont mean anything. that all you need is gear and artifacts and youre good to go ...all the while those same players are super juiced on sodas , omegas and event consumables.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I agree.

The people usually advocating that sp and artifacts and the like don't matter usually have low sp and artifacts and wish to propogate and spread their laziness to others because it provides themselves with an errant sense of self validation. ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Trexlight Devoted Player

Statement made. Nothing to back it up. Classic.

Literally nothing to see here.
  18. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Uhm.....without the SP stat maxed out....you can see for yourself you'll probably be missing like 2,000+ might or precision.

Thats like having a compound and stat soda on all the time lol.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The only problem I would have with a system like that is you'd basically take Progression that's somewhat guaranteed as it is now, and turn it into Full Fledged RNG to get stats. People are already having a hassle with artifacts because the dang breakthrough system has terrible RNG once you start boosting it around level 80 or 100.

If the Artifact System wasn't the equivalent of a car smashing into a wall when the Catalyst Breakthrough fails, I'd be more in favor of this.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

RNG for people not prepared to pay of course. What's more important is keeping the cost reasonable.

If new artifacts are released to frequently or we can equip to many it might become an issue.

However, i can't help but feel the desire not to have more horizontal progression stems from a community culture that they must have everything immediately.

It's not about whether you can have everything immediately but more about whether you can reach your goal in a reasonable time.

The communities desire to have everything immediately is actually quite toxic and in my opinion is a symptom of a generation of gamers thriving and relying on instant gratification, ironically something developers are able to milk as income.

You want 6 artifacts right now... ok heres purchasable nth metal and seals.

Alternative save the nth metal, buy a seal once a month break them through more naturally over time. ;)