Intermittent Group Shield Bug - Silent School

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Melusine Midnight, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

On multiple, but not all occasions I have observed or experienced the following Bug:
    Instance: Atlantis: the Silent School

Trigger: Exiting the cutscene which shows the summoning of the Crown of Thorns Golem

Issue: Healer Group Shields; Blessing, Bubble, Flux (all have shown the bug) no longer grant the shield to group members aside from the healer. The healer will still receive shielding as normal.

Quickfix: Reloading the character's armory seems to remove the bug.

Notes: The bug persists through the Golem battle and the Faceless One boss fight.

I'm not usually the healer, so I have not been able to record this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Melusine Midnight and Developers,

I haven't noticed this but I believe you. What I did experience/notice is that right after the cancer puzzle room which changes our form into a sea creature is that once we are removed some abilities (mainly troll debuffs) do not seem to function properly. It actually seems more like a visual glitch for trolls debuffs as when I debuffed the boss their buff is removed but the debuff icons do not show. The only way at the moment to correct this is to use your armory/refresh your role and the icons will appear as normal.

It's possible this glitch isn't registering some of our support role abilities after being removed from that form change. Though it appears to be more of a visual glitch as the buffs icons are removed but the debuff icons do not show is all at the moment unless you refresh your role after the form change phase is over.

I would assume the same thing is happening here but I would have to check to be sure if the damage is still being absorbed and if it's just the shields animation that may not be appearing (similar animation issue in raids for some (4player) healer shields).

If the developers can take a look at this and correct the form change issue that seems to cause what appears to be a visual glitch for some of our support role abilities that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely: Brav
  3. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Damage is NOT being absorbed. The Shields are NOT applying, as stated. This is NOT a merely visual bug. It also does NOT occur after the Cancer room, it occurs exiting the Thorn Golem cutscene, as stated.

While I understand that you're trying to help, please do not reinterpret my post. I clearly described the exact nature of the bug.
    • Like x 1
  4. Brav Well-Known Player

Okay, thank you for the confirmation. No need to come off like that. If you read my comment correctly I stated that it may be affecting some support role abilities. Also you are wrong. It is from the form change, which is from the cancer room puzzle. That's why you didn't experience it every run because the actual puzzles in each room are random for each instance. (I ran my healer through the instance earlier and didn't get that puzzle room, so I wasn't able to experience it during that run. Like I have on my troll after that puzzles' room form change).

So please be a little better with your reading comprehension next time before you make a comment like the way you did. My comment was merely in addition to yours. It wasn't to reinterpret it but to only suggest a possible visual glitch, similar to what I experienced for the troll debuffs. Which is another bug (Support Role Change Issue) related to some support role abilities caused by the same form change in that same instance. I also mentioned that it appeared to be a visual glitch from my experience with the troll debuff icons. I never said it was for sure a visual glitch but I did mention that this form change may be affecting and not registering some of our support role abilities after being removed from it.

This information was in addition to yours, which is meant to help the developers narrow down and isolate the issue so that they can correct it in a hot fix. So again thank you for your input. The information from your experience and my experience should help the developers when they are able to look more closely at this situation and come up with a solution to this in a hot fix.
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Nope. I've experienced the bug without the Cancer room transformation taking place. I get that you're trying to help, but these are separate bugs. Everything you've written about this bug is 100% inaccurate.
  6. Brav Well-Known Player

Okay, no problem. Perhaps they are separate. I haven't experienced that situation on my healer yet and I ran through that instance yesterday. Either way the developers can now look at both situations and see what exactly is going on. Thank you.
  7. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Developers, (Just a Quick Update)

Update: I can confirm that this issue can be caused by the Form Change in the Cancer Room Puzzle for Healers as well. I just finished running one of my healers through the alert where this occurred. My Group Shields and Group Heals weren't working/healing at all. I had to refresh my armory/role in order for everything to function as normal.

It appears that this form change mechanic in the alert is causing most support role abilities that are specific support role benefits to stop functioning. It is causing the game to not recognize the actual current/support role a player is in once the form change has ended. It leaves the players functions limited to the basics of those abilities as if they were in a non-support role (Dps Role).

So far this has effected my controller role and healer role abilities. I have yet to experience this on my tank role but will also assume that any of the abilities benefit that is specific to tank role/support only will most likely not function as normal.

Hopefully the developers can find a solution to this issue soon. I haven't experienced this bug from the cut scene as Mel has yet but if both can be looked at and addressed that will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely: Brav
  8. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Had a new experience with this last night -- the bug didn't occur until the end of the cutscene at the final boss. Re-activating the build restored functionality, as before.
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

I noticed the shield not working also. I just thought the npc in there hit really hard and burn right through shields. Another power too add to list is Atomic sc Mass density
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I saw this with my water heal with bubble yesterday. Even some of my heals stopped working, like tsunami strikes, no heals every hit were working when I got to the first and last boss
    • Like x 1
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

can confirm that it effects swarm shield as well, i have noted many team members across multiple runs being hit and damaged through shields as well, though i wasn't sure if it was a new mechanism or an actual bug/glitch.