Dead Within 30 Seconds....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

of being born.

I just created a villain toon. I was in the North Burnley club and I was just trying to get started. Someone dropped a huge chunk of ice and my character was knocked out. And I definitely WAS NOT in PVP mode. What gives?!?!
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Sounds like you had pvp flagged or were in pvp phase.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Proxy, I was not. Believe me, I checked. I had just started with this toon. Just freshly created. Default is PVE mode. I was in my inventory screen, because the game always gives you those level 4 gear applying them immediately, and I was in the process of taking them off. When BAMN! I got knocked out. This crap shouldn't be happening.
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Have to agree with Fawkes Proxy.... I am noy even sure how long ago they did away with the option to create an brand new alt that was PVP but if he had just come out of Character Creator and arrived at a safe house. he was not in a PvP phase because you ALWAYS arrive these days in the PvE zone and he'd have had to run to HQ and hit the Phase Shifter and set his PvP flag flying.

Did anyone get near you and you inadvertently clicked on a duel request? I had that happen one day in the Watch Tower while trying to talk to a contact.. I was at just the wrong angle and clicked yes to a duel instead. Aside from that only thing I can even remotely think of is a glitch???
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Then you probably just accidentally put your pvp flag on, once knocked out if you flee it turns off again.

If they werent constantly killing you then this is really just a non issue, I'm not sure why it's such a big deal that your new player got knocked out anyway?
    • Like x 1
  6. Isif Committed Player

Welcome to the Darkside.
    • Like x 1
  7. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I couldn't have put my PVP flag on. I had just beamed in and was just starting. If anything, this was another glitch.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

When you were in your inventory and equipping stuff, there's a chance someone invited you to a duel and you accidentally accepted.
    I play on pc and I confirm imprints, equips and anything else with Enter. Like you can confirm an invitation. That's why I have almost all invites on auto-ignore.
    • Like x 3
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

No, there wasn't. I still remember seeing this, and there was no "blue web" that you typically see when you're in a duel.
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

No, I didn't get a duel. I know this for a fact, cause I have those on auto block or ignore.
  11. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Like I said, it was probably a glitch. They shouldn't be happening, but I know they do once in a while. Frustrating, but I guess it is what it is.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

In close spaces like a safehouse, it is sometimes hard to see.

That are your options basically. I hardly think there is a game breaking bug going on, tbh. There was a bug some time ago, where you would leave a Task Force X PvP match still flagged to be of the opposite faction for a time, such enabling you to attack other players of your own faction. Maybe this, though I am really sure they fixed this bug long ago.
    • Like x 1
  13. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Yes but as I said to TW, I have duels on block. No one can send me a duel request cause they are on auto ignore.
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well, then it is how it is so often with just descriptions - pure guessing.
    I assume you don't have the combat log or checked/screenshotted the combat log after you got knocked out? It would be like the most easiest way to dertermine what happened.

As for your "duels on ignore" argument - it would not matter if the other person would be considered hostile anyways. I am sure I described the bug accurately. Players leaving pvp instances being flagged as villains could attack everyone of their own faction right away (and could be attacked as well)
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Maybe the DCUO gods hate you and they decided to drop ice on you. ;)
  16. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

You can't get any colder than that! :p
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Do the Halloween Tricks do any real damage?

Once we learned that there were new feats, I dug a bunch out of alts, but kind of forgot that they actually did stuff once consumed. Ended up burning my bar down. With Ambush Bug inside. :oops:
  18. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

With Ambush inside? LOL That's one dead bug! :p
  19. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Does the Armageddon/PvP rock still exist? If so you may have been hit by that.
  20. Dene Devoted Player

You are showing your age Q LOL
    • Like x 1