Post Stats Revamp - What stats do trolls use to give power now? And debuff questions

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dragon Power, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

I haven't played much since stats revamp and wanting to get back into it. When stats revamp first came out I remember finding some youtube videos that talked about putting all your skill points into Power because the more power you had the more power you regenerated or something like that and that was the way to go going forward, versus the way trolls have always been played with Vit as the main stat.

I tried it myself, following the videos and was amazed that I was able to give out consistent power without loading up on vit. Then few months ago I was able to max out my power so I started putting the excess points into Vit.

1. Were those people on youtube correct back then and now Power is the standard or is the traditional Vit build still the way to go? Or is there a split now in the community as to what is being used?
    2. If there is a split, are there different situation maybe where one is better over the other, such as Vit builds for long fights such as raid bosses and Power builds for big bursts of power to wipe mobs or in alerts?
    3. I'm just really confused as to what I should be doing now with my skill points. Maybe raid groups have 1 of each build now or is it generally still one troll with the highest stat and a backup troll for backup power and debuffs?

4. Also, one last thing are debuffs more important now (does Dominance affect this more) or is it still the same old routine of casting the defense debuff on everything and give power, and then use the other debuffs when you got extra power or the situation needs it like the heal debuff?
  2. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

1. Yes the youtuber's were correct then and now :) even in the past before stats revamp a pure vit build wasn't as efficient as vit/power mods but nonetheless after stats revamp power still reigns king, the only variance will be if you have like 350+ skill points and can debate putting more into vit then power because of the excess but I won't be one of those players and have shown plenty of feedback on the subject. So there is really no split just a small group of players who still prefer full vit where math shows otherwise. But that is also dependant on your artifact rotation and elite gear to give a concrete answer

2. The only situation where a pure vit build is better is when you are running with 2 controllers in the group which never happens anyways unless its some extreme situation. Or if you have like 450sp or whatever the max is you could at that point prob max vit and have enough to put into power to not see a large drop off. But there is no in raid situation that will call for a power verse vit build.

3. Hybrid Spec (unless you don't want to use Solar Flame as much or be a "hardcore" :rolleyes: troll then you can use superpowered spec - 30 sp into crits - 215 into might/power -4-7 sp misc - remainder into Vit

4. Dom has never impact a debuff, it in the past impact the stun duration of controller powers but never debuffs themselves. You have to use whichever debuff is your supercharge generator then ideally you would want to use the other 2 debuffs to proc your elite crit affinity bonus and the artifact parasite power harness to increase the power pool of yourself and the group along with their precision stat. If you don't have any of those artifacts or elite gear you can get away with just using defense and attack primarily unless your heal debuff is a great stun like multi net launcher with munitions. There are a few fights like the Medic in Teen Titans content that would require the heal debuff so ideally its just best practice to run all 3 on your loadout regardless as you really only need a shield and a supercharge to round out your loadout.

3. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Holy crap it's ObsidianChill! LMAO I've been sitting here for the past hour watching ObsidianChill vids on youtube, come back to the forum and ObsidianChill replying to my post, LMAO totally unexpected surprise. I think the power vids from stats revamp launch that I mentioned were yours LOL
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

So hybrid is the standard/best? I've been using superpowered. :eek: Is there any situation where superpowered would be better over hybrid or do some people just have favoritism towards superpowered? I recently switched back to handblasters. I was one of the first trolls on the original servers (Jace on Countdown) to use handblasters and swore by them, glad to see they made a comeback... I absolutely despised having to use brawlers (nothing personal). I wouldn't mind switching to hybrid, I really miss using the handblasters double handed streams of energy to get back power, forget the move's name. Is that tactic still a 'thing'?

I've been away too long to know what this 'elite crit affinity' bonus and 'elite gear' business is :confused:o_O How do I get those? Can new content be cleared without it as a troll or is it the standard needed now?
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Thanks for watching :p

Hybrid is the best mathematically, but you have to maintain your weapon combo rotation of solar flame or meteor blast to keep your power regen sufficient. If that gets annoying or you don't want to do that all the time then superpowered is better. There isn't like a night and day difference as seen in my video but since its about the same the stats increase you get from hybrid makes it better overall. So if you really liked superpowered it isn't "wrong" persay just you are losing out on stats that would be helping you as a controller.

Handblasters are only better because they have the highest supercharge regeneration with the shortest/quickest combo to sync to all our cooldowns. You're probably thinking of pulse beam weapon combo where that is good regen but since its wayyy too slow you are missing multiple recharge's and debuff casts so it makes it really inefficient for controlling.

[IMG]

when you wear the corresponding amount of elite gear you can buy an generator mod in the tech wing in the watchtower (for hero) and place it in your generator to get the corresponding affinity bonuses. You don't need the fancy stuff to control regularly, I will always push for players to get these because it maximizes their ability to be a great controller and give out the most power to the group but it would be a lie to tell you they are all completely necessary for completing content.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dragon Power Well-Known Player

Yes, pulse beam is what I was thinking of! I miss that move lol. Thank you for all the info. I will try to hunt down this elite gear when I'm able to. :)
  6. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Not that you need another reason, but Augment system only goes vit. So you can still mod that category up that way. SP to power first.