You just made Hive Reborn Elite impossible.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Draconiano, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

After taking a second look.......and After being beat like a redheaded stepchild in tank stance. I had more survivability in DPS stance without shields in tank gear than tank stance with shields & tank gear. xD I think there might be a bug with healing in that raid. I just ran that raid and everyone was going down like 2 dollar street walkers. At the end the healer had almost 7m in heals. I stepped back more than once to watch the healer and my healing tab. The healer was barely healing anything but huge amounts of healing were being registered on the board. LOL

There very well could be a bug with healing & tanks defense in some of the instances.

I'm going to test with a couple of my healers and another tank or two to double check tomorrow just to be sure.
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Elite should be the optional extra after you have completed the regular enough times you are doing it in your sleep, without feats or anything required to progress in the game
    The only 'feat' that should be attached, is having completed it, to show that you are, well, Elite. Maybe instead of feats, have a title with date to show you have completed it and when (that way people can still go back and do past Elites when they are stronger, and the title will indicate if they did it while the raid was fresh or old)
    • Like x 6
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Agreed, and I agree with Proxystar with regards to the can of worms that is Elite gear.
    • Like x 2
  4. Malachyte Devoted Player

OMG !!!! An "Elite" Raid that is actually very difficult to beat and require "Elite" level game play.....oh the humanity and the nerve of the development team to do this to us !!!

I DEMAND you give all us Elite level Participation rewards for merely entering the raid as we now feel excluded from activity as it promote unfairness and social division !!!!

I mean come on....an Elite Raid that is externally difficult to beat after a week its been out is truly absurd !!!
    • Like x 3
  5. SuperHarley Active Player

It's not economic healthy to have CONTENT that can be beaten only by 0.1% of the COMMUNITY. It may keep Malachyte, notobsidianchill and nu31 happy, but everyone else will spend LESS in the game and have less fun.

That's why Survivor Mode was removed in the first place, it was content only for the 0.1%, in few words, a waste of resources that could be for EVERYONE.
    • Like x 5
  6. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

How many of these groups that are failing have a full 8 man team fully geared with 215 vender gear? I have a friend that was talking before titans dlc dropped about how day one we were going to walk into elite and start farming the new elite gear. I remember thinking thats lame if that's possible. Idc how skilled the group they shouldn't be able to beat the content if not properly geared. That same friend now says they game os stupid and pointless after hearing that a group in his league couldn't beat it. I guarantee none of them had a full set of 215s let alone all of them.

If you could beat the elite raids now with your current gear what would you do for the next 2 and a half months? Take a breath and gear up appropriately and if these raids are tuned properly IT SHOULD STILL BE A CHALLENGE THEN! Whatever happened to progression groups who were happy because they made it a phase further than they did the week before? This community is too soft.

Before you ask, no I havent ran the new elite because, wait for it, my group isn't properly geared... lol. 10 to 1 odds yours isnt either.
  7. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Thats not true. I've gained a 10% stat increase since the last dlc and only have half the vender gear. Not to mention I stupidly absorbed my best artifact into another and had to start from scratch leveling it so I'm missing 500 or so might from it right now. If I hadnt done that I'd be sitting at a 12 or 13% main stat increase just from 5 pieces of vender gear. Also missing OP boots.
    Also there was a massive stat increase going from 218 to 235 in the last dlc.
  8. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Our league beat HIVE e about 5 seperate times with all group members in blue 211 and 212 bombardier qwark gear, and maybe some purple 213 gear. No vendor gear. It doesnt pay to get the reg vendor gear first when you can get the elite first to make everything cheaper.
    • Like x 1
  9. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

It's not economic healthy to have players leaving the damn game everyday because there is nothing fun to do. One of the reasons we moved away from monthly content was this, 90% of the raids/alerts were tank and spank and when we got DWF/UM the noobies started to cry.

First they removed SM and after that all ******* raids including the elites were beaten day 1 without damn gear, Elite is almost useless already and is just a way to keep some players entertained, now you want to take that from them because you are ******** *****

If we had SM in the game then okay, make elite not that challenging, just enough to need some gear, after all there is harder content. THAT'S NOT THE CASE, THEY REMOVED IT BECAUSE OUR COMMUNITY IS TOO ****** TO ROLL AWAY FROM A DAMN SHINING POOL OF FIRE OR A LASER BEAM THAT TAKES 1 HOUR TO EXPLODE.
    • Like x 1
  10. Malachyte Devoted Player

That raid is only an Elite version of the Regular raid that is open to almost anyone decent enough to play...i blind queue into that raid and complete it without much issue..

The Elite version should only be beatable by the Elite level of players the first week out as it takes a great deal of communication, coordination and concentration...Please note, that I myself have not attempted the Elite version yet, as I'm only CR 241 and I refuse to spam replays to gear up to the max level in a week or so....but if other people want to, hey God Speed and good luck..

To hear people complaining that can't complete an Elite level raid that should require elite level game play is ridiculous....

What ever happen to the old saying "If at first you don't succeed...try, try again" ..it seems to be replaced with "If at first you don't succeed, complain, moan cry and demand it be made easier for the average person"
    • Like x 2
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...n-elite-impossible.297800/page-2#post-4159291
    Before everyone keeps jumping on the bandwagon like I did............... ^^^^^ here ^^^^^

I totally skipped over this comment about possible instance issues which made me take a second look.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...n-elite-impossible.297800/page-3#post-4159350
    I ran it later & found some interesting issues. ^^^^^here^^^^^

There could be an intermittent bug or two that could be to blame. Maybe everyone should make a couple test runs on live and see if they have issues running in tank, healer & control roles. The instance could actually be broken on some runs.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not going to lie, feels weird watching this from the outside :D
    • Like x 1
  13. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

Did you do that before or after they buffed it? No one is crying about the raid from a week ago
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LOL, I think there are a couple intermittent bugs that no one knows about yet.

15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Geez, these threads...

It's all about "git gud" and "replay the living s*it out of this dlc to get full vendor gear, to replay it again to get full elite gear" and that's not the point. Besides the point that the difference between full 213 and full 215 are negligible.

Instead of playing the presumtuous elite card why not sharing some experiences of the raid and how things work out for the players who beat the raid recently? The community might flourish a bit more if people would actually advise others on how to do stuff to improve the overall experience. But nope, back to the replaying argument.

It's like back in the day when people were hovering above the Paradox Warror, Tyrant, Ravager, Sentry and Oppressor and were telling others to get good. Then again, so far we had a terra with not limited rallies and a terra where you wouldn't close the volcanos. I somewhat miss the day where we shared gifs and videos about boss tells so others could learn.

We could get the normal gear next, followed by the OP collection and maybe the adaptive augments for our second role. We would play the content for base items, we would play our alts, some would return to older content to get feats they weren't able to get before, we would farm the content for Exobytes to sell or to save for the next Episode, or maybe we would use said bytes to get up the augments we don't need right now in case we wanna spec to another power/role.

As to your group progression question, even though I am sure you mean it only rethorically: Progression died with Origin Crisis and since we would need 1000+ marks to do it properly.
    Bare in mind that players want to use their gear and not immediately replace it, because that would be the case if we don't burn through thousands of replays and do "the progression thing".

Also I find it funny how you haven't even been in there and are still judging others. Not everyone is the best player on the server. While I do believe that the raid can be beat, I wasn't in there either because my ppl usually run stuff at like 10pm - that's when I either start driving home or when I am already in bed. I will probably tackle it later next week..

Still it is no argument to say to others that they just have to get the full vendor set to complete it. The vendor set does not make you invincible. Nobody is helped by such comments. Legit strategy advise is just so much more helpful, don't you think?
    • Like x 2
  16. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

Ms Complaining herself isn't complaining this time, everyone else should follow the example and understand that elite is for the elite and raids should always require mechanics understanding and a brain.
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

There are some intermittent bugs within the instance on all the difficulties but you two keep jumping on the bandwagon & pilling on not knowing what is really going on. How about you two jump on live and test support roles within the instance & see if you find anything.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yes, I'm glad I noticed your comment. Sadly it was after I jumped on the bandwagon myself.

I took a second look last night and saw a couple major issues. I think you are on to something. I will be testing all evening on live to see if I get the same results.
    • Like x 2
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I might add that I'm pretty sure the people expounding these grandiose statements already have their elite gear, lol. Makes it kind of funny.

Not commenting on the difficulty because I haven't experienced it personally, just that it's funny how people talk.
    • Like x 3
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is probably due to the healing debuff put on players. Less healing in means more healing out. (Difference between healing a fire tank and a rage tank back in the day, for example). Or it could be a bug.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.