Gold Spammers Out Of Hand

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You can post a message every 30 seconds on LFG.
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Make a new tab that does the same thing as LFG?
    • Like x 2
  3. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

I have to wonder if the Gold Spammers are making multiple new accounts every hour because they are aggressively being banned or are they doing it because they are trying to overload everyone's ignore lists in some bizarre belief that if we can't ignore them, we might buy their overpriced game currency?

Banning the spam bots is not going far enough. There must be some way to filter key phrases to automatically mute such spam from any chat channel.
    • Like x 3
  4. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Around 4am, I explained the error of their ways to them and told them to knock it off. Logged in today and noticed no spam in trade/WT/versus, and the ones in LFG had been trimmed down significantly. Let me know if you guys have any more worldly problems for me to solve.
    • Like x 1
  5. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

I guess they read this and got mad at me. They’re back in versus and shout. Fun while it lasted...
    • Like x 1
  6. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

yeah its making the chats unreadable. i done stopped pressing ignore because a new wave of spam will just come anyway
    • Like x 1
  7. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

OMG, today they are out full force...you cannot be on the LFG channel. What the heck is going on?
    • Like x 3
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

All quiet on the western front. Just a random screencap from logging into the game for 1 minute:

[IMG]

People defending this should be ashamed of themselves. How can you read through this crap?!
    • Like x 7
  9. Gimpy Loyal Player

10. Chicken Well-Known Player

Capped @ 1000 ignores. Increase the cap.
    • Like x 3
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

You know I never really cared about gold spammers in chat. To me it wasnt that big a deal as it was really gold seller spamomania...

Now you have four of them, with one really lighting up chat with voracious intensity. The other had to step its game up to be seen and now theres a return(at least to me that I have noticed) of an old friend that is looking suspicious standing next to the punch bowl claiming to be everyones pal and one that is just there moseying about.
    • Like x 1
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

“Not a bad as it’s being painted”

You’re right. It’s worse. Much, MUCH worse.
    • Like x 3
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

*sigh* Was on the WT on the EU server for about fifteen minutes today. In that time the chat contained nothing but repeated messages from four different gold spammers and one aura beggar. :(
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

"Not as bad as it's being painted..."

[IMG]

"Guys, seriously. You don't even notice the birds if you learn to focus on the quiet English countryside instead..."

[IMG]

"Zombies, schmombies. Seriously guys, exaggeration check..."

[IMG]

"Can't believe you guys complain about a little smoke like it's the end of the world..."
    • Like x 2
  15. comrade sonya Committed Player

This is really becoming a nuisance, there needs to be chat restrictions for low level characters or banned words in chat
    • Like x 2
  16. Aren Sul Committed Player

Just like to point out when they irritate me the most, and why I have to stop to ignore them.

It's when I'm doing dailies and I'm keeping an eye open in LFG for bounties and the like. 3 gold spammers can fill up enough of the text window to make me miss an opportunity. Increasing the text window makes it too distracting for me.

Once I take the time to block them, then everything works well for me. It would be nice to account block, even nicer not to see them at all, of course :)
    • Like x 2
  17. Elusian Crowd Control

the everyday task on US side:

[IMG]

one of the few things I enjoy EU more due to low population = less frequent new bots
    • Like x 1
  18. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

It's just a matter of tolerating it, since it's not really "becoming" when spambots date back Ragnarok (2004). Spreading throughout MMOs, just type in any MMO name + goldsellers/spambot and you'll find threads dating back couple years until now.

There are solutions for it but devs won't really get out of their way for that since even in-game issues aren't that properly addressed even.
  19. comrade sonya Committed Player

Becoming for me due to the fact that there was a time when the PS version had no spam bots and the frequency just seems to be going up or perhaps it appears that way due to the lack of end game content shouts
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Uh huh. As Tech Warrior stated above, you'd see 3 or 4 spammers in a row under different names but the same site. They are starting to spam the spam so to speak. It's straight up griefing IMO. I mean, usually I have to block maybe 3 or 4, sometimes 5 or 6 as soon as I sign on but this Saturday was ridiculous. When I say 15-20 I'm no exaggerating.
    • Like x 1