Assassin Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 18, 2018.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Tune in on Friday's Livestream for Superman's 80th Anniversary. Chances are that your questions may be answered there. ;)
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well to be fair, the Anniversary is just getting started. If it had just ended with nothing, then all of this groaning would be justified. I'm not saying don't ask questions, i'm saying don't complain until there's reason to complain.
  3. Hale Well-Known Player

Why the hell are you buffing precision more?
    • Like x 3
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Give the Superman nerds their emblem.
    • Like x 2
  5. Spicy Level 30

Mommy like. Mommy really really like.
  6. Sugr Bear Committed Player

The only thing that bums me out about this capsule is the ultra rare. Tons of people I know have been asking for that since DWF at least, I personally talk about it all the time and I would love to have those on several of my 20 characters, but being ultra rare there is never a guarantee to get them on even one without spending $200 mil in game. I do hope at least SOME of the styles people have been begging for for years can be attainable for the average player, in a way that won't cost more than my electric, water, dish, and other monthlies combined.
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Hey, cool stuff!

I have a few questions:

-Since the new artifacts are collection-based, is it possible to acquire more than one of the new artifacts. Usually for something like an OP item, you can't collect collections multiples times and get multiples. If not, is there another path for people who might want to rock more than one of these.

-Does the face style need to be actually on your current style build to get the collections or does the potential unlock once you have the style?

-Will the face style that unlocks collection potential be tradeable?

-Will these collections be tradeable?

-Can you clarify this a bit: "Plus, as a special bonus, you will receive extra Artifact XP when using Sin Stones to fortify these specific artifacts from the Eyes of the Dusk collections" Does the XP bonus only work with the new artifacts, ie if I use Sin Stones on, say, Soul Cloak, I wouldn't get bonus XP?

Thanks much.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kensama New Player

Hear! Hear!
    Sic'em Silky..:p
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadowstar New Player

Dear DCUO,

Time to get a few things off the chest.

1: As players we hate your business model and more importantly we hate the time capsules - but you continue to igore us. I am sure I will open the game after this post and see more capsules feats - I hate you for this - while I love the people I have made freindships with in the game. We all share the same view. I am in 11 Leagues (3 Leagues Top End) - I play top end content - I am an experienced player - I have 392 Skill Points - this is a common complaint of your game at all levels. I understand you are a business - and I am fine with you making money - but not this way. You have brought the pay to win wall to new heights. For those serious about this issue - here is a vid worth your time to explore - it explains alot of where DCUO's model gets its motivation.

2: You have been closing your eyes (on purpose) to known cheaters and speed hackers in the game. I say this with confidence because I know they have been reported to you (by several gamers) I have seen the tickets - I have been exposed to it myself - and still those cheaters are playing this game. I am not referring to the TC Capsule purge - you acted on those. I am sure that was because it was effecting your bottomline. I look at the DCUO Bloguide for the top 100 players (and many of the cheaters are there) meaning - it is a bogus list.

Actual dates, correct toon names, an instances - along with who did what have been provided yet - nothing happened. I am sure it was due to the fact - that those same players were spending money on the replay badges - helping your bottomline. Zoo elite being a big one for farming the henchmanuplink device that they can sell for 200 Million in the marketplace. Also, giving free rides to others to get the US Elite and Escape Elite Feats for some more in game payola.

3: I and my friends also would be grateful if you would do something to balance the DCUO Economy rather than the Wild West it has become. Suggestions I would put forward are:

1: Make the Max an item can be sold for in the broker be 100 Million.
    2: Make the Max amount of cash anyone can hold be 1 Billion
    3: For players already above the caps (and there are many) grant tokens allowing them to "redeem" them for additional in game cash. Limit this to a 5 Billion total (so 4 Billion more than the cap) recognizing their hard earned (Honor system here) efforts. This is done as a onetime deal at launch of the change. Again - they could not be above 1 Billion (ever) but overtime they could spend these tokens rather than lose that cash outright.

4: Finally, consider, through your marketplace - selling in game cash - with restrictions based on your Toons level - meaning a pre-30 could not be sitting on a Billion itself the player bought in the marketplace. Whatever that toon earns through the marketplace or through in game content would be fine up to the normal limit (1 Billion) however. This would cut the throats of the gold sellers and place you back in control of your games economy. Sell that in game cash at a reasonable rate - undercutting the gold sellers and taking away one of the main reasons people cheat in it.

I am guessing on request 4 - you probably won't - since even though you lose money to the Gold Sellers - you make money on them playing your game and buying resets - etc. It is a balance.

To Sum it all up:

I love what this game used to be - and I hope for a change in the business model which has caused literally hundreds of my friends to leave this game - many of them top end players. That is why I still play it after all these years. I hold out hope you will finally listen to the people and stop with the time capsule feats - we HATE THEM.

I mean no disrespect in any of my comments - I am simply being honest and it is my sincere hope you consider and reflect over my feedback. I greatly respect the hard work the Dev's and DCUO Staff do on this game - I want to make that clear. These points need a hero to champion the cause. I am hoping that hero can be you.
    • Like x 6
  10. Nanight New Player

Wait a minute enhanced version on vendor ultimately for money. So who complained about crafting Enhanced Gear?
    • Like x 6
  11. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!!!
  12. Tarif Committed Player

So, for clarity here, we now have a CHANCE to get a Sub-capsule from an Assassin's Gear Capsule that we have a CHANCE at getting from an Assassin's time capsule?

Then in order to get an enhanced style, math may be off here, but you would need 877 quarks for the full set of the enhanced style, instead of crafting it now???

Even as a Legendary Player, with the best membership, it would take about 18 weeks to do that from getting a stabilizer in game every three days. 4 and a half months to get the enhanced gear AFTER we acquire the full set of gear before even that.

Even if someone elected to take the extra quarks every time they opened a time capsule, that would be about 44 time capsules.
    Thats almost $50 dollars just to be able to have an enhanced style from a quark vendor instead of being able to earn and craft them in game like we always have.

BUT wait, theres more! You ALSO have to have the complete set from time capsules BEFORE you may purchase the enhanced set from the quarks vendor. Depending on the sub capsules you get, usually 3 types, you still have to play the RNG game with time capsules to not only get one of the gear sub capsules, but then you have to play the RNG game with the gear sub-capsules to get all the pieces you need~!?!

Then, top it off, AS ANOTHER BONUS, we get an item only after opening either ((CHANCES ARE, again)) 1 to 3 time capsules, to get a specific sub capsule, that on the 1st one opened, of that type, that then allows us to be able to "see" three seperate collections we have to collect in order to have artifacts mailed to us.

After all that, this style is then locked and only available for only one character a player has?

Styles do look cool, I'll say that, but this is a bit much in my opinion.
    • Like x 9
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I love this, but I think 12 hours is ridiculously long.

I would think 4 hours would be a sufficient limitation. Once every four hours can't be abused.

And it would make this Artifact much more attractive to obtain. Whereas something that works only twice a day -- and that would be assuming you play on both ends of 12 hours, which will cut out many people and make it effectively once a day for them -- is considerably less attractive.

Is "every 4 hours" that unreasonable? It'll mean you generally can't use it more than once in a raid. And if you've ridden out 4 hours in an unfinished run, an incentive to keep playing would be a good thing for game stickiness. Would every four hours make the game too easy? I don't see it as anywhere near game-breaking, but YMMV.

Similarly, if not 4 hours, than every 6? Or every 8?

I'm just not at all clear what benefit comes from "every 12 hours" that doesn't come from "every 6 hours" or "every 4 hours."

Obviously, IMO, YMMV, offer void where illegal, and it's only my subjective opinion. But since you asked!
    • Like x 6
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The style items in this capsule has caused me to realize i will have to break my 50 dollar limit on these capsules. The cloak and the eyes are everything I dreamed of.

Out curiosity can there be a buy straight from the market place option like the resurgence capsule?
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah cause a flat 17% buff across the board while nerfing bow and DW is too much work, just fix it with artifacts :rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Looking forward to the next couple of days \o/
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

My guess is that most people go PFFT and they want to encourage more use of weapons because they want to keep weapons relevant. And since Stats Matter, it seems to me that there's a general imbalance towards PFFT, not that I personally mind.

My kneejerk reaction was "why don't might users get something new, too?" But half-a-second later it occurred to me why they'd want to encourage weapons use.

Just my guess. I could be wrong.
    • Like x 1
  18. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Hi,

as excited as I am that the Motes are gone - Speed-Metal Motes are currently like 400k on the EU broker each and you need 80 of those to complete both the enhanced gear set and the enhanced emblem set - I think "selling" the enhanced sets for Quarks is not a good idea.

I mean we need like 6569(!) Quarks to buy the feat-related Resplendent Cache, which at normal pace (i.e. without paying for marketplace stabilizers) probably takes like three years to get the Quarks and now we have something on top of it. From my point of view EVERYTHING on the Rewards from Time and Space vendor should be completely OPTIONAL which is basically not the case anymore with feat-related items and gear not available elsewhere.

More and more FEAT-RELATED stuff invades this game which is not affordable or achievable by a common player. Have you lost all good measurement? This seems to be even worse than the Starro invasion... and it's shaking the foundation of the game badly from my point of view. :eek:
    • Like x 9
  19. Tarif Committed Player

>>> CLAPS <<<
    • Like x 3
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Since this TC will be available directly on the Marketplace, will it also be added to the Loyalty vendor?