Things I'm surprised game doesn't have yet

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Comixfan, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Comixfan Committed Player

So I'm a veteran player. Played for the first 4 or so years from PC launch, went on hiatus, ended up starting over on Xbox One, played for about a year, went on another hiatus, and came back recently.

I was beyond thrilled to see water power finally in the game! It's something I'd been asking for since launch! My main hero & villain are both water now and am having a blast with the new powers (throwing a water shark at an enemy's face never gets old!)

Buuuuuut there's still a lot of things I see have gone untouched, other things that I've been wanting to see in game for a long time now that still aren't here, and more things still that continue to irk me.

First things first - the graphics. Many NPC characters still look the same as they did at launch all those years ago, and by todays standards these graphics would be considered subpar. Granted, some NPCs have had visual updates, but that just makes those that haven't look even worse (most of the female NPC characters look like blow up dolls!).

Also, some of the cut scenes from the latest content are just beyond terrible. Take a look at the Earth 3 cut scene of Owlman attacking the GCPD. The owlarang that hits the policeman disappears then reappears then disappears again. The other policeman that comes to help his friend vanishes off screen. How on earth anyone on the dev team looked at that and thought "Yep! That's great! Let's go live with this!" is absolutely beyond me.

Seems as though they would likely have to create a whole new engine to accommodate any major visual upgrades so it's unlikely we'll see that happening.

Moving on, and I'm disappointed to see nothing has been done with bases in game. Apart from the Dive lair they're still all the same design. No option to add extra rooms. No alternate base designs on offer. Not even any new base styles!

Same with league halls - still all the same design and still only 2 types on offer.

Staying with bases/league halls for a bit, and I'm surprised that there's no way to remove items once you've "consumed" them for your base or hall. Yes, I know that there's feats associated with some items, but surely a base item could be flagged as "used" when you consume it, and then if withdrawing base items was allowed you could then send to an alt or donate to the league hall and it wouldn't count for any feats for those subsequent recipients.

I've got a lot of base items on my toons that I'd love to transfer over to my hero league's hall but frustratingly there's no way to do so.

Also, why is there still no way to preview base items in your inventory or at loot select? (Heck, why can't you preview styles in your inventory as well as at loot select?) And why is it that you still cannot 360 degree rotate base items on the broker like you can at the donate box?

And I'm still baffled that there's still no broker or R&D vendor for the league hall! If I recall correctly, the original reasoning was that the devs didn't want players abandoning the Watchtower/Hall of Doom for their league halls. However, player bases can have broker & R&D vendor, so if they can have them, why not league halls?

Speaking of the broker, I really wish there was a way that we could search for collection or style names and it would show all available items from that collection/style set.

Moving on, and I mentioned this way back when Light power first hit the game, but why is it that we have no new mentors or hub worlds?

When Light was released, I suggested they should have added Hal Jordan & Sinestro as new mentors and have Oa/Ranx as new explorable areas (like Gotham & Metropolis).

Jumping ahead to water, and how awesome would it have been to have Aquaman & Ocean Master as new mentors and have Atlantis as a new explorable area!

That could've led to all new feats to attain, achievements to unlock, opened up more of the world of DC to players, and given players more options.

Can't help but think there's some seriously huge opportunities missed there.

And speaking of missed opportunities, I'm really quite surprised that this game still has no faction transfer option. The heroes and villains work together often enough for events, the On Duty tab allows for heroes & villains to run content together, and you can even send mail from your hero toons to your villain toons and vice versa, but there's still no option to allow a character to transfer from one faction to the other.

It happens often enough in the comics, why doesn't the online representation of same allow for it?

I'm also surprised there's still no collect all attachments option for the mail. Having to go through mail one at a time and collecting the items is needlessly time consuming.

Crafting still requires you to have mats in your inventory. Other MMOs have moved passed this and allow players to craft with mats in their bank, why hasn't DCUO done same?

Unlocking feats for a style set on alts should unlock the style for that alt. Even if it cost extra replay tokens to unlock the styles on the alt, that'd still be better than letting alts have access to the feat but not the styles without farming/buying them over again.

When viewing collection/briefing/investigation sets, they still don't show you the name of the ones you're missing and not even a hint as to where you can find/farm them. And why is there no preview of the reward that you get from a given set? Not even the name of the reward!

Similarly, when inspecting other players, it would be great if it would show the name of the style they have set for each gear piece.

Surprised that CR & SP aren't shown on the character select screen. Important information that I feel really needs to be there.

And why is it we can buy replay tokens and event currency but we can't buy prestige?

Last but not least, why are there still so many loading screens? Why is it that to get from my base to the current Anniversary event I have to go through multiple loading screens? Why not just list the Anniversary event area as a location on player's teleporters so that they only have to go through 1 loading screen to get there?

Heck, why not give all players the ability to teleport to locations in Gotham & Metropolis (including the safe houses), League Hall, and all DLC/event hub areas right from their base/league hall? Why have mods that only drop from RNG as the only means of unlocking these locations? Cut your players some slack and make it easier for them to get around and run content!
    • Like x 6
  2. Comixfan Committed Player

Oh, and one other thing - why is it that you're still charged a fee for putting items up for sale on the broker?

I know that it was originally meant as a money sink to stop people having too much money, but nowadays in game some people have over a hundred million (if not more) with many having tens of millions so I think it's high time that the money sink gets sunk!
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ Broker fees aren't to stop people from having too much money. It's so it's permanently removed from the game. Removing money keeps prices down.
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im sorry to tell you man but unless the games top brass actually want to give players quality content, instead of raking in the cash. Nothing will ever radically change.
    • Like x 2
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

GU79 is around the corner with a lot of improovements for the quality of life in the game. there will be other things following...
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

LOL, i dont know if u knew but Daybreak isnt part of Blizzard Entertainment its part of Columbus Nova entertainment...get real
    • Like x 1
  7. Comixfan Committed Player

Oh, and I wish there could be interaction with the base pets!

Krypto and Teekl both run up to me excitedly whenever I enter my base or the league hall but I can't interact with them to give them a pat!
    • Like x 1
  8. Comixfan Committed Player

Removing money keeps prices down?

Is that why Flaming Phoenix Feather collection has a 48 million price tag?

:p
    • Like x 1
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It was over 125 million at one time so yeah it does help some.
    • Like x 1
  10. Skandov Well-Known Player

I agree with pretty much all you said, but the reality is lack of man power, bad tech and money. Hopefully as some other people said, with the PS3 gone today, it might help it a little.
  11. Comixfan Committed Player

Never seen it that high on Xbox.
  12. Comixfan Committed Player

That all depends on if any of these changes I'm wanting to see actually happen.

You can only search for individual items and even then you need to know the names.

What I want to do is search for a collection set name and have the broker show me all listed collections belonging to that set.

Or search for a particular style set name and have the broker show all listed styles belonging to that set.

That's what they are, yes, but they could have been so much more.

I've always envisaged it as being like flying.

That's just another piece of gear that comes with another grindfest. That's not what I was talking about.

Yep, so it amazes me that here we are, years later, and DCUO still hasn't caught up with the times.

Nope. It doesn't give you the names for collection pieces you're missing. It only lists names for those you've collected.

They list a character's level on the character select screen, but once you hit 30 then your CR technically becomes your level, so it should be shown instead.
  13. Comixfan Committed Player

I don't see how given it's still the same game engine. They'd need to do a complete overhaul of the engine which I don't see happening.
  14. Dene Devoted Player

Weird.. on PC it def does show you.. we just mouse over the missing collection and the name of it appears

If you are in collections tab.. hit "level"- that groups collections by their sets - not exactly what you need but will help for now
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

A lot fo the things you suggested would only happen if the devs want to invest back into the game and the players.. At the moment they only want to invest in themselves.
    • Like x 5
  16. Skandov Well-Known Player

That is not going to happen mate, it would require an entirely new game.
  17. Kestral Committed Player

Only PC shows you the names of collections and briefings you still need console players get to use google for that.
    • Like x 1
  18. Comixfan Committed Player

I know. I already said I don't see it happening in my previous post which you quoted in yours.
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

o_O realy? o_O
    • Like x 1
  20. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Don't forget a decent reporting system. They make you go through hoops to report bugs and cheaters and don't fix them and don't punish them.
    • Like x 2