Stat scaling is terrible now...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Remember when DC had waaay lower gear stats and total might, health, defense, restoration, etc? Remember back when 4k might or 1.5k precision was known as amazing? The scaling now is trash. With 1.5k precision or 4k might back before AMs were a thing you could hit 4k non crits with certain powers and maybe 2.6k or so with others. Same with weapon based attacks. So why is our new stats so lacking? Now I know actually, it's because all this game does is "nerf this, nerf that" and now we have stats so high yet they are mediocre because there is constant nerfs placed on us every time.

Literally, stop nerfing us please because this is getting silly. We literally have 15k more might yet we can on average only hit 2k higher than GU32. That scaling is trash! Actually forget damage for now. Look at our power scaling with our gear and total power. Why in the world do I have 22k power but it gets eaten up in 6 powers? What is the point of such high power if it scales horribly and still diminishes ridiculously fast?

Restoration was better as well but as I said again "nerf, nerf, nerf" is everywhere, and is making us weaker and weaker. What next? We get 50k might and only hit 10k's without crits? This has to stop or our stats will literally be pointless.

Gear is already pointless when comparing how big of a jump it was compared to old GU's yet here we are barely pulling away from it with stats that should dwarf our old ones.

I actually feel this game has the potential to be really fun but this has to stop.
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

These are totally different systems PRe-AM - WM - AM - Revamp.

Also at that time the endgame was on a waaay lower tier. Don't compare endgame from years ago to endgame from now.

All i hear is crying that you don't see big numbers. CONTENT IS EASY!

When you want to see big numbers (because of the high stats) then AM was the best time for dps right?
    Having this would bring another balance pass through the entire content, because the Devs don't want us to OHKO everything. Get that.
    • Like x 9
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

you know the revamp happened, do you?
    • Like x 3
  4. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

No my argument is star scaling, please read.
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

I did.
    So your problem is that we have high stats and hit for "low" numbers?
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

enemy targets get stronger as you do. if you get more might,
    then they get more defense in the next DLC to make it even.
    • Like x 1
  7. High Troller Loyal Player

Revamp is here to stay by the way. This TPTB made extremely clear.
    • Like x 1
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No, adjust what we have now and be done with it. We don't need anymore game overhauls. The current game is just fine with several more hotfixes. Don't need to undo everything that was already done. It has high potential as it is.

What you're asking for would require another revamp, and I don't think the devs or many players have the time or patience to go through another one (unless you're unhappy with the current revamp). I know I don't.
    • Like x 4
  9. bull425 Well-Known Player

My only issue with revamp is this: my impression post revamp that I would be able to run content with a team of cr relevant heroes and complete it. This can be done for newer content, but not for older content. They failed in that respect. When I go into FOS, and those cannons still do 1500 damage, and my hp are lower true to revamp, that is a fail. If their idea as part of revamp was to lower my stats overall and keep everything else the same to give me a challenge, we’ll, that is a fail. Run khan, FoS or whatever with a cr 65 group that is balanced and then tell me revamp is working as intended.

I am good in general with revamp aside from the fail with older content.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They don't get more defense. If you go into one of the early Batcave raids you'll hit the enemies for the same numbers there as you do in the Earth 3 content.
    • Like x 2
  11. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

> directly comparing stat and damage numbers from two different combat systems 4 years apart
    > talks about stat scaling but doesn't acknowledge the actual stat formulas
    :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  12. krytine Loyal Player

I am sorry to bother you. I went into fos last week no issues with 4 players at t8er and my troll got several feats for them and no wipes. And I know a lot of players are having issues with these old raids I just don't see the problem and I am sorry wasn't trying to argue with you
    • Like x 1
  13. bull425 Well-Known Player

I was talking about players doing it at the relevant cr for the tier, not having half the team be t8

Run it with everybody cr 65-70 and then let me know how it goes.

I didn't think you were arguing at all and I appreciate your comments

My rxpectation with revamp was that I could now run content at the relevant CR with a group the same, but in the older content, that does not seem to be the case in a lot of instances
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I remember when I first started playing, those raids were extremely difficult and felt almost impossible at level years ago. In my opinion the level of difficulty is the same and I would look around at who you're playing with. If even 1 person in the group isn't pulling their weight, forget about achieving success.
    • Like x 2
  15. krytine Loyal Player

Sorry it took a minute to find or see your reply. We did a walk in 5 of us the other 4 were at tier for fos raids then my troll . No one died no wipes no issues and we got the feats on each run that they said they were going after. So again i have gone through each of the raids and as long as the mechanics of the original raid were done there was little to no issue at all. I don't see your problem. And I do understand that some do have issues but the different crews of people telling them communicating with each other watching out for the high dangers we don't really run into issues
  16. No Crying Committed Player

Should be interesting when I log back on after not being around for a while.. Or maybe my buttons on my controller will not work and I will try again next month.

Interesting
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Amen.
    And I, for one, don't wanna deal with another summer's worth of back and forth petty bickering between the whole"Testers vs Live Players" Mentality that some folks on here carry. (You know who you are, I'm not dealing with that drama again.)
    • Like x 1
  18. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Then someone explain our power scaling then. I want to see you defend this one.
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You're not understanding. He's saying, go on an alt that's at relevant cr 65, all 8 players at cr 65, and see if you can beat it.
    • Like x 1
  20. krytine Loyal Player

Yes I did that before as well i should have clarified that shortly after revamp my league ran at cr I believe we were all right at 70 for a full 8 man communication was the key with just 1 high level I was able to run our newest recruits threw it as well but each of the raids at there cr is still do able if the whole group is working together. The main point I was trying to make was how the communication was the most important part to work the mechanics.
    I was at work and could go into much detail I am sorry for miss leading. But at tier for all of the old raids you still have to talk with each other and most groups that have pugs in them there is little communication and team work. Normally only 1 maybe 2 people are trying to do the mechanics and it just doesn't go well. Next time I post I will be a little more clear on my point sorry man
    • Like x 1