The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

So as I am getting more and more toons with the Fracture set, I am looking at how the may (or may not) work on some of my toons.

Updated my Electric Villain. Still not totally satisfied with him, but I think he is coming along nicely.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

the energy cell head looks like this wich dosnt look like flames to me
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Like said, only checked out the Quark vending machine maybe twice, and haven't even been in-game since New Years
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Dude...DUDE....DUDE!!!!:eek: This is amazeballs...love it. Dilly Dilly!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A few more shots of my Sparkster look...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'm not sure if there's any Head Only Auras that give the look of flames, but you could always see if you could combine a skull Face or Skin Style with the Nuclear Head Style:

[IMG]

EDIT: I just noticed that the skull you're using is a Head Style, so that can't be combined with the Nuclear Head Style. Lame. :oops:
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

the only mask that sorta works is the bone daddy one.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Just a general comment, love your stuff.. your bases.. styling etc - you amp the styles up to the next level, without going overboard.

You add just enough without it looking like a lit up material Christmas Tree or like you randomly chose each piece lol (seen both those examples, not necessarily in this thread but in game lol)
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

On the one hand, the Devs can say "we're under no obligation to give you the ability to recreate the look of a character from the Marvelous Competition!" But on the other hand, DC has AT LEAST one character with either a skull for a head, or wearing a skull mask, and I think they have one that also has either flames or energy around their skull head/mask. Just don't ask me to name the character, 'cuz I'm drawing a blank on that at the moment. :oops:

Only problem I see with Bone Daddy is that it looks too much like a cheap Halloween mask.
    • Like x 1
  11. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I agree and its to big also.
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Batsuit from the nightmare scene of batman vs superman :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Very nice! There's actually a better Hand Style for that one, though. It has the cloth wrappings around it, so it looks even more like what he wears in the movie.
    • Like x 2
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

primal defender? :)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Appreciate the comments. I generally want the style and the lair to come out decent without one part being particularly overdone, or overshadowing everything else.

Material christmas tree, I can especially relate to that. I'm not a big fan of someone having materials all over the place; to me that just ruins the costume. Granted, some users in this thread have shown that they can actually have materials all on their costumes, but it still looks relatively good; because the material isn't overshadowing everything else.

And as far as using random pieces, I guess that's just a habit of mine xD. I see so many other styles go unused or not used by players, and then I try to see if I can make it work or look good in a costume.

Like I said at the beginning, I really appreciate the comments and I do these costumes not just to show off; but rather as a main look for my characters for the time being :)
    • Like x 2
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Atomic Skull? o_O
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

So I had this headstyle drop the other day and decided to throw something together with it.
    I'm also having an absolute blast decorating my cave with the new Coluan base-items. :D
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Edit:
    A better look at the helmet and added shoulders.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nice helmet, Haasts approves :D
  19. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

The head is Brave Star the mask is Archer
    Now regarding the tights? in the basic section I found Reverse Slimline and One-piece designs to be a bit too briefy for the look I was going for. the closest in the basic menu that i found was the Schoolyard shorts which I went with for the last two days or so before I saw how close the New Genesis pants were for my preferred look (Schoolyard looked a bit too baggy in comparison)
    There is a shorts style that i think is randomly dropped during the valentine's Day event. and I'd love to eventually get the Noble Warrior shorts.
    • Like x 1
  20. Draguil New Player

Tried making something from an anime my sister use to watch.[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

Would anyone actually risk falling to get to this bar... That's a pretty narrow walkway.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3