Artifacts layout poor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BDA_HitMan, Nov 19, 2017.

1. BDA_HitMan New Player

1) They take up too much space in your Bank and Inventory.
    Ans = forge: so many Raw Nth Metal make 1 Extracted Nth Metal and so on up the line. ( less slots used )

As for Breakthrough, for upgrading Catalyst: I had this happen to me, I don't know if it a bug or it's meant to randomly fail or if its because I left a seal slot empty: but this happen to me. I spent over 3 days collecting Catalyst and when I setup to do breakthrough, I had all the Catalyst needed and then press for breakthrough; it said failed, it's then I saw that I forgot to put the seal in its slot, its also then I notice that my Catalyst were all gone, not in my Inventory or my bank. ( I was a bit put-off )

2) Why have it setup when attempting breakthrough and it fail you lose all the Catalyst and if its meant to be like that, then why such a long winded process to get them if Breakthrough (even if you have everything you need ) can randomly fail and you lose all the Catalyst you spent all this time getting and replay Badges because of the long lockout time.

Note: I did read-up on game home page about Artifacts play and saw nothing bout Random Failing or If seal slots not filled it will fail and lose all Catalyst !!!!!!!
    I'm a bit piss

I will have to start delete Raw metal crap as it takes up to much space if the end result is the above mention (2)

If anyone knows that this is a bug or it's meant to be like that please leave a reply

Thank you for your time Darkred dragon out
    • Like x 1
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Why you lose the Catalysts is you fail??

So that you use some Seals to prevent that.

What do you think the Seals are for??

Do you think there would be Seals if you kept your Catalysts even if you failed???o_O
    • Like x 3
  3. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

It was made pretty clear that there is a chance of breakthrough failure once you get to higher levels, and that breakthrough failure means you lose the catalysts. That is the whole point of the seals, to prevent catalyst loss in the event of a breakthrough failure. This is by design, no bug.
    • Like x 4
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I already made a handfull of videos about the Artifacts....
    Will make a video or two later about the Catalysts and Seals... but this could be a first step.... ;)

5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Here is the Seal video. ;)
  6. BDA_HitMan New Player

7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Lionel Hutz... at your service. ;)

As for posting videos..... I make videos to help out new players.... but in order to help out those players.... those have to know those videos exist.

The Youtube Analitics show me that I get less then 1% of my views from the Forums.
    So..... I could make my videos and NOT post a single video on the Forums.... and it would make NO difference for me.

But posting videos on the Forum might...
    might help a new player that needs more info about a specific thing in DCUO...
    in this case....
    the Artifacts/Catalysts/Seals. ;) ;)
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Just a quick suggestion.. Yes Artifacts CAN take up a lot of space in your inventory .. IF YOU HORDE the things. Instead of collecting a hge pile of the things USE them as you get them. you are aware that the benefits you get from that artfact rise with each level you obtain right?

i did a Quick experiment for you on line JUST now....

My Tetrahadron og Urgund was at leve 42 and close enough to 43 that i threw a few Nth Metal on and POOF went to 43. Now at Level 42 the Tertahedron was giving me:

487 bonus points of Health
    182 bonus points of Power
    81 bonus points of Might
    and increasing my overall health by 2%

After I enhanced it to level 43 thos totals went up:

494 bonus points of Health
    185 bonus points of Power
    82 Bonus points of Might

and the same 2% increase in my health.

Thew BIG advances occur at level 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 but you do not need to horde thousands of Nth metal until you reach that next milepost... The artifact will increase the benefits it provides at every single level.. So the easiest way to avoid a jammed up inventory .. is just use the things as you get them.

Now as Magneto has already pointed out if you don't want to LOSE catalysts.. use the Preservation seal Constantine gave you. Look I have 10 different alts that have all been through that tutorial. My MAIN Alt is just about ready to increased the artifact to level 80. I have 3 04 4 more .. I lose track some times all above level 40 and working toward 60 and the rest are above 20 and working on 40. GUESS what? I am still using that exact same preservation Seal that Constantine grudgingly gave me after I completed the tutorial. And thanks to those seals I have not lost a single catalysts I earned running missions. If the one you have does eventually burn out .. go buy a new one at the market. its either that or spend an awful long time doing those older duos, alerts and raids again and again and again.
    • Like x 1
  9. Fed up player #10 Well-Known Player

On the Guides section there is a really good one for Artifacts. As you level the artifact up the chance of it failing increases. Out of 3 characters I had one fail at 40 and all the others have gotten to 80 with no problems. It sucks to have to grind out the content again to get enough catalyst but if its your preference you can buy a kit in the marketplace for the level you are at or check the broker since you can buy/trade them. If you have an extra 100 marks of victory you could always buy a artifact for your other role and start leveling it up with all the metal. Remember most of the metal can be traded to other characters.
    • Like x 2
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

"grimey lawyer"s...that know more than you...if I were a betting whatever...best sober up and get your Fing story straight...the highway patrol is on their way and Wenchels Doughnuts is only an exit down the road...
  11. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Yeah I'll be honest I dont get threads like this. I dont know why the materials need to be stored? I get materials, I use em. Seems like problem solved really. We also have 3 options for storage, Inventory, Bank, shared bank. Hell theres a 4th if you have a Bank-Toon (minus the Vault untradable mats).

Been using the Artifact system since it launched and have encountered 0 problems with it. Just use your mats as you gain them.
    • Like x 3
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

^^^ This guy gets it
    • Like x 1
  13. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

market place. spend for the safe way...I have NEVER got a seal to stop the fail. hummm wonder why that is...
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Did you talk to Constantine after the Artifact mission??
    Constantine gives you your first seal.
    • Like x 2
  15. xD25x Dedicated Player

Was hoping the content would change weekly so it doesnt get old running old content
    • Like x 2
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No offense but your videos are like pop up adds lol advertised everywhere and just in your face. You're right though you need to talk to him a third time.
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well basically unless you use a ton of replays (because NO ONE EVER DOES THAT IN GAME LOL) you can really only do each mission one time per week to get a catalyst. Now of course I am doing them with a total of 9 different alts so yeah I see a lot of the same content over and over.. But really? How is that any different than doing Say the Team Joker duo from DLC 29 every day to grab added Marked bills and the armor drop?

Keep in mind 1) small Dev Team and 2) if they change which missions deliver the catalyst every week then they need to do more coding to make that a reality.. Time, available manpower and even potential added bugs/glitches play a role in deciding not to do that I am sure.
    • Like x 1
  18. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

That chance seems abit higher for some us. I had to use about 10 seals before I made it through , another league member went through 7, and another about 4. There percentage should be lowered. Or maybe we just were unlucky I guess, nothin new
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I have a level 100 artifact as of last night, my original seal never failed.
    • Like x 3
  20. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

yes I got that one. THE ONE AND ONLY ONE I HAVE GOT TO DATE. AND I RUN EVERYTHING.