Very, Very Nice Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Helios The Eternal Flame, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I just wanted to come on and commend the Devs for a great job regarding this Episode. Specifically, the concept of the Episode/Event is really a good Idea. It strikes a nice balance for all different types of players. The storyline was cohesive, and sets-up a future menace, and still follows established lore.

The mechanics in the Duo, Alert, and Raid are just outstanding. We have needed some fresh mechanics in instances for a while now. You stepped up. There are a ton of style feats and grindy feats that give it a measure of longevity. I have not gone into Elite yet (plan on that tonight), I just wanted to immerse myself into the regular content first. It's really well done.

The open world Earth-3 Gotham is amazing. It is a breathe of fresh air. It doesn't even feel like Gotham, which is a good thing. I understand why we re-use certain zones from a practicality standpoint, and also from a Lore standpoint. To have Iconic locations and not to revisit them would be ridiculous. Nevertheless, this episode reveals that we need another city. The fact that this zone is larger than Central City is crazy. Central City needs to be expanded, Coast City needs to added, or even Star City. Of course I understand that we need a reason to go to those places that make sense, but it needs to happen. The DC Universe is way bigger than Metropolis and Gotham.

The only thing that I feel would have rounded out this Episode, is a solo and a Elite Alert. The solo could have even been an iconic anomaly that followed Alexander Luthor's escape from Earth-3. An just thinking of an Elite version of Injustice System makes my mouth water. The additions of this would have easily made this Episode a 9.5 or higher.

Of course no content release is perfect, there are some bugs. However, for me and my league there was nothing game breaking. Just fix the bounties on Earth-3. They appear to die at half health.

I will give a comprehensive review later but, if I can jump on you guys when something isn't done right, I must commend you when you do well. Kudos !!! Today,.....coffee is on me.....;)

Now back to work: Fix the bugs, get me my sidekick customization, the league Hall league specific missions I was promised and give me my Pillar of Fire Orbital strike, and then and only then can you have day off.
    • Like x 11
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Bounties on Earth 3 are working as intended. Just get them to 50% and the mission will complete.
    • Like x 5
  3. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Trexy,.....are you serious ? Why at 50% ? What was the reasoning ?
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Probably because they arent "throw away" D-listers like we've had before lolol but no clue. It was brought up during testing and I was told its intended so I never bothered anymore than that. They go down pretty slow and need a large group so Imalright with it. No need to sit there for 30 mins to burn them down to zero
    • Like x 3
  5. Megzilla Developer

Thank goodness.. a day without keurig coffee
    • Like x 9
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Re: bounties. The Crime Syndicate must be defeated for real in the raids. They simply flee to fight another day in the open world.
    • Like x 15
  7. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Thank you for the clarification.....
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

I must show you Wallachia coffee. I got people lining up to get my coffee.

I'll do it for free.
    • Like x 1
  9. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Don't you dare.................
    • Like x 1
  10. David Ivanenko Committed Player

I read that in a Harpy/Gorgon voice, I should take a break. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

Are you jealous of Wallacoffee?
    • Like x 2
  12. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

NO!!!,.......Absolutely Not!!!..............ok maybe a little.....;)
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Wrong thread lol sorry nothing to see here xD
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

FWEEEEEEEM! in every cup!!! :D
    • Like x 2
  15. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Agreed. I loved playing this dlc last night.
    • Like x 1
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I just did the alert. That Owlman fight was so good. The way he came from the roof like a BAMF and how he sits on the gargoyle were nice touches. Does Batman and Owlman ever reveal that they are technically brothers?
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This makes far more sense, I thought it was a bug.
  18. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

So would I......
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

I have to disagree on the mechanics, especially in the regular raids. For example the end of panop ultraman puts everyone in the ice block and then does ultravision. On test if u broke out of the cube the ultravision was 1 shotting or doing very heavy damage. The idea looks to have been for the players not to break out and the ultravision melts the ice block you're in and u live. U can completely ignore this mechanic now since it went live.

I also stood in the fire of the 2nd boss of panop and the healer shielded me and cast 1 heal and i lived. I was 210 full riddler gear. Yea its not ignoring it because w/out the shield i most likely would have died. Actually i did it again to see how much damage i would take and i slowly walked out of that fire and it ticked 3,4 times and i was still alive. Panopticon is pretty much a tank n spank raid all the way through. Even tho im kinda being critical of the panop raid i actually really enjoy that piece of content.

I love the way it looks. The kinda corrupted evil version of the watchtower looks awesome. I also like that part where the group moves across a small bridge and there are electric type lasers that move up and down that can do some decent damage. I didnt even notice this through my 1st run. I also love that the statues attack. The 1st room looks a lil too much like the architect room from the matrix for me. But still looks kinda cool.

The 1 thing disappointing me about the dlc is power ring being omitted. Cant quite understand that. Overall id rate the episode a 6/10. I do agree with ya that an elite alert is needed. Would have made this a much better episode imo. The styles? Subjective of course but the johnny quick is not my cup of tea and i was excited for owlman suit but its too bland for my taste. Wish they used a different version of him for the gear inspiration. But im sure some people love the styles and im happy some are enjoying them. Im looking forward to the TC style because imo that will be the best style in the episode. I say that knowing what the TC style is already ;):p
    • Like x 1