Been gone awhile and have some questions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DcPlayer313, Oct 13, 2017.

1. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

I've been away from Dc for a minute but decided to come back because of the stat revamp so with that said has the game improved since the revamp and is electricity any better dps wise than before the revamp? Electricity has always been my favorite power but I quit dpsing with it because I found it to be the weakest dps out of all of the powers.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Electricity is great now, generally one of the best powersets in the game.

And you no longer have to deal with Cooke Cutter AM rotations regarding electric or any other powerset for that matter because AM's are gone.
    • Like x 2
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

If anything, it might be overperforming, depending on who you ask and how you figure it.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Electricity is solid on both sides now. But if u wanna be truly optimal for electric dps there really is only 1 rotation/loadout. But if you're ok with doing less damage u can use any loadout ya want.
  5. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Game isn't worth going back to.
  6. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I quit in August, considering come back to the game now too though. I personally prefer the revamp a lot more than AMs. From what I've seen only Mental and Sorcery are doing poorly right now but apparently the devs are aware of this.

I'm on edge for this game though. Gave open world another shot and got bored very quickly. Not terrible though, might be cause I'm tired.

Just waiting for that PvP update.... Or a DCUO 2.
  7. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

Appreciate the quick replies. I'm gonna start a new toon to see how the mechanics are and hopefully the game is no longer pay to win and hopefully, something has been done to stop people from sabotaging duo's and alerts.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yeah...that's not entirely true.
    As always, one loadout and rotations reigns supreme.

When are you people gonna figure this out?
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The game was never pay to win and still isn't. At best it's pay to play and/or pay to complete. And that being the case, you might as well not even bother. If you're a completionist, life in DCUO has only gotten harder if you're allergic to grinding and playing the broker (peppered with some out-of-pocket spending).

Anyone thinking that this for-profit company owned by an investment firm will make an about face and stop trying to make money needs to drink up a fresh cup of reality juice. If these sincere warnings are not enough to keep you away, by all means level up a new toon.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

When are you gonna realize that there's not that big of a difference? I mean if you wanna play Copy Cat, more power to you.
    • Like x 2
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Sure there's one that reigns supreme but there are several that can still be decent. Unlike AMs where most powersets only worked with just one loadout.
    • Like x 1
  13. DCUO Addict Committed Player

The leveling is different because, instead of power trees, you get your powers in a set order. This is grest in the sense that you will have acces to every power once you hit 30. If you're used to having specific powers in your loadout, it takes a little getting used to while leveling.

Enjoy!
    • Like x 3
  14. DcPlayer313 Committed Player

All mmo's are in the business of making money so that isn't my main gripe. I found gameplay itself in bad shape with not having much to do solo wise, the toxic community, the sabotaging of certain instances from troublesome players, the overpowering of characters in lower level instances. Those are the things that pretty much made me quit.
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sadly it's gotten somewhat worse post and somewhat better in the stats-revamp.

-High CR folks can't cost you feats like they used to since it takes longer to kill things now.

-Sabotaging instances and troublesome players are still a thing. People have to get used to the mechanics, and the AM era influenced the"I need to get this raid done in 10 minutes" mentality.... needless to say people aren't getting the memo that getting raids done that quick simply isn't possible these days. The ignore feature is there to help with the cause, but troublesome players can't be solved by devs.

Solo Content's gotten better, most content is comprised of Daily quest you can run for currency and weeklies you can run for currency and gear boxes which can help you get geared up. The only downside about this; is that gear prices have gone up quite alot in some content.

The Toxic Community- Still present, and won't be going away. There's nice people out there, your best bet is to use a mixture of the ignore feature and probably try to find yourself a league out there full of players that you can relate with.

The more players you can relate with and the players ya know that actually try to have fun with the game(instead of rage quitting or disbanding over one wipe in a raid) makes the game much more enjoyable...

Sorry If I offend anybody during the making of my post here, but had to get it off of my chest.
    • Like x 3
  16. lfc09kris Well-Known Player

You can literally buy skill points which are tied to progression through time capsules but alright dude
  17. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Honestly it depends on one's definition. There are just so many perspectives on P2W but in terms of time capsules I see both arguments (I think).

P2W- Despite the horrific RNG, anyone with a big wallet can really just buy the feats. Thus, it shows someone can advance in terms of stats without even playing. Progression is tied to these P2W boxes.

No P2W- Technically the gear in the capsules aren't better than the vendor gear and for many P2W means gear that you can buy that provides better stats than what you can get in game. Also, if you've completed most in game feats getting the time capsule ones aren't essential.

At this point, although having feats in TCs are annoying I'm more concerned on the focus on them. It feels that they spend so much time on these lootboxes that things in game have taken a hit. That said, I would be way more ok with the devs removing feats from materials at least.

I feel bad for completionists or those who had a goal of being amon the strongest in terms of stats. Now they need to spend money or play the broker game with the currently messy economy.
  18. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Aren't the ultimate soder colas kinda P2W?

I personally don't care for them and wish I could delete all dozens of mine but I know people made a big deal about that.
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

Nothing has been done to stop people from sabotaging.
    If you consider being able to skip from level 1 to cr 200+ without playing any instance p2w, then yes, it's p2w.
    If you consider being able to buy more than 15-20+ skill points using real world money p2w, then yes, it's p2w.
    Many don't consider it p2w, that's up to you. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They're so p2w that you're the first person mentioning their existence since the inception of the product. I remember the big deal made about it back then. The world didn't end and nobody got a big advantage out of that crap. I have some on many toons. When I run out of regular colas and have nothing else in inventory, I slot those in temporarily.
    • Like x 2