Balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Aug 24, 2017.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

I've been running content with people using Nature, Electric, and Earth and they clearly have the advantage.. Rage has advantages too, but Rage is literally the only high risk, high reward power since you literally have to be on your target to do better than average dps.

I've been out dps'd by players with 160sp(no joke) that use nature and electric while I've been on my 260sp to 295sp characters, hows that work? I thought the revamp was going to change that...

The loadouts I use, rely on the powers PI and I've pretty most found the rotations that do the best if not some of the best damage. But when I up against a Nature, Electric, or Earth users I clearly struggle.

Nature hits too hard because of it's supercharges, the forms do to much damage and lets any one that uses them have an advantage no matter the sp. Example: I ran JFA on my Quantum character with 295sp modded/spec'd might and power, my load that I have hits the best and I keep my supercharge generator on cooldown. I went up against a nature gorilla and wolf, and was out dps'd by millions... one had 165sp(gorilla) the other had 173sp(wolf), in the end the scoreboard had the gorilla first, followed by the wolf, followed by me...

Electric doesn't split properly on adds and does hit very hard, allowing anyone with knowledge of the power to do great damage without high sp. Example: I ran US on my Quantum character 295sp modded/spec'd might and power, my load that I have hits the best and I keep my supercharge generator on cooldown, the electric dps had 260sp and I was out dps'd by almost 2 million...

Earth's Jackhammer is its advantage. 200 cost and can go on infinitely or until power runs out, but it can be beaten... but anyone with knowledge of how Earth works can be top with low stat points which is a problem... it's not as bad as Nature and Electric though...

Adjust the top three powers or buff up the others.

Stat points should have meant more coming into the revamp but what's done is done.
    • Like x 6
  2. thedemonocus Loyal Player

This game has never had balance and it never will.
    • Like x 5
  3. ChillCat Loyal Player

Provide clear, verifiable evidence or this assertion is null and void.
    • Like x 5
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

• Like x 8
  5. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Yes there are a few loose ends they still need to tie up with some powers...like Sorcery.

Also,
    I have 160+ SP, I can out heal and out DPS quite a few players, before and after the revamp. I don't think it's necessary to make a comment about being 'out dps'd' for these requests. Quite a few factors can lead to different performance from player to player.
    • Like x 2
  6. JasonIsley Devoted Player

OMG I'm so sick of this video. If 1 unconsumable bugged DoT is the difference between being at the top of the board, you sir should stay off the forum and relearn your power.

Your post lacks context. What were you running? What is your playstyle? What was their playstyle? Nothing is going to get fixed until you guys start bringing evidence and numbers to the table.
    • Like x 5
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

So powers are good as they are now?
    • Like x 2
  8. RLManuel Committed Player

But, I gave two examples... lol one in US and another in JFA.
    • Like x 6
  9. RLManuel Committed Player

If you want evidence then play the game.
    • Like x 7
  10. ChillCat Loyal Player

I'm not the one making the claim. If you're not wiling to provide evidence as to what exactly is off, how and by how much, then your post is just a lot of hot air that won't get any attention.
    • Like x 6
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Ok and? Were they modded? Were you modded? How many skill points did they have? Were they in front or in back? There's lots of variables
    • Like x 2
  12. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

If you want YOUR claim to be taken seriously YOU must provide data. that's how claims work. You claim these powers are over performing over all other powers. Where's your data? Do you have any? or just anecdotal stories and conclusions based on limited info like the number of SP the guy who beat you had.

By the way, the form change advantages last for about 13 seconds in nature. After that, it's just a visual. Those people you see staying in gorilla and wolf form aren't getting any bonuses after 13 seconds.

Also, Electric splits exactly properly. You are referring to ARC lightning not splitting damage, which it's not supposed to, because it's not an AOE attack, its a single target attack that jumps to other targets for a single target attack, and so it doesn't split damage. This is also true of Tesla ball, which only targets one add per damage tick.

So even some of your "evidence" is not "evidence", but your poor understanding of how these powersets work.

Nice try though.
    • Like x 6
  13. Wallachia Devoted Player

The best thing about this thread is Twilight Avenged's signature picture.

Anyways. Why do you rather believe that the powers are OP instead of simply thinking that MAYBE the players were just better?
    • Like x 3
  14. JasonIsley Devoted Player

People are so concerned with other people's power, they can't find the time to rally behind their own. Look at Sorcery and Mental, I only see a 2 or 3 people on here trying to get these powers looked at.
    • Like x 2
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You're arguing with an electric and nature user. The electric user think two AOE that don't split is balanced.
    • Like x 1
  16. Surtur Well-Known Player

Yes, the AOE's that do not split need to be fixed or removed from the power if they cannot be fixed. It's just that simple.
    • Like x 1
  17. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

That (how many skill points) was actually answered in the post. The part that bugged me most was, "my [loadout] that I have hits the best"

What the heck does that mean? Does that mean he's tested every possible loadout for Quantum and chose the one that hits the best? If so, what is the loadout so the developers know what he's using? What is his rotation, so the developers can not only use his loadout but also test with the same rotation he is using? So much information is missing from this thread.
    • Like x 3
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

stopped reading when you compared SP' of your own to someone else then asked why the lower SP person out DPS'd you.

have you ever thought they have better mods, or higher CR?

those 2 factors alone would trump your higher SP' even if the guy had 100sp and you had 348sp

CR and top mods are what is more important sooner you realize this the better you'll be ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Hempkrete Active Player

Do you even read things ? He said everything in first post, and he is absolutely right. Those 3 powers are OP now. I have alts with these powers, around 100 sp on each with beta mods and they are doing too much dmg compared to other powers.

@ OP
    Forget about balance, there will be always few powers that are above others because that sells power respec tokens. I am playing 5+ years and I'm used to it. That thing will never change.
    • Like x 2
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

and your no different then the OP, makes assumption and expect others to prove you wrong when you made the assumptions lmao
    • Like x 1