Producer's Letter: State of the Stats Revamp!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Bond Committed Player

Marks of Nostaligia?
  2. recoil Committed Player

it's even worse for players who just want the styles.
  3. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

My impressions of the Revamp are limit, as i only played with 1 character this far. I would have to make a new character to experience the extent of changes made this far. My character is a healer, around 140 CR and low SP( 140 i guess), and i been able to do all 4 player content so far. If you have a party made the way it's suppose to be, you can actually finish it. All the content are harder now, this is true. But my only concerns however, are with the Raids. I've not been lucky in trying to finish them(they been impossible to do since Revamp), and that is the reason why im stuck with my current CR. I lost count of how much times, i have tried to do Bombshell Paradox or any other T6 or T7 Raid. Part of this problem is with the player base. They all want to be dps, most of them don't even know how to play a support role. They go into bombshell paradox with a single healer and troll( the reason to have just one of them died after Revamp), and then complain why things are not working.
    The positive side of the Revamp seems to be the variety of working loadouts, you can now make. I myself want to try a superspeed and flight dps loadout(this is especially good News for players that have iconic based characters, like Flash).
    • Like x 1
  4. Twincam Well-Known Player

So if I buy a full set of AOJ gear on vendor, get the feat. Then go to my alt character and unlock that style feat. I get a discount on the gear on that toon too?
    • Like x 3
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Did you buy the style feat on your alt?
    • Like x 2
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Either way it sure beats the shared loot drops from way back when...Healer hands drop in Kahndaq, "I rolled a need of 90!!!...oh wait the dps rolled a 99....ahhhhhhhh. :)
    • Like x 4
  7. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Too little too late. What irks me the most is that once again I see no mention about the Omnipotent items in the game. You know... The ones that are the hardest/most expensive/longest grind imaginable? The ones that prior to the revamp packed the best stats in the game, and yet they currently are barely better than the vendor gear? I paid you money for replays, and everything else so that I could get those Starro items before the update was gone. I was happy to see that at least they weren't immediately overshadowed by better gear. As they are now they are almost worthless entirely. And just think about how much we had to put into crafting those items. Let alone someone like myself who was new to the game and had to craft THREE of the masks to get them to highest level. Believe me it was beyond frustrating to see that even pushing 180CR my mask came out at 172. So I had to grind/pay the over priced broker costs to make another just for 2 levels worth of stats. Then of course we have the newest OP items. I spent hundreds of millions to get them. And again. They aren't very "OP" at the moment. Definitely not worth the grind.

That is a massive concern that has taken the backseat to things like a freaking loot lock not showing on some low level daily content? For real? Like people don't know what they've played today :rolleyes:

All in all. You have a ton of work to do on the way things are right now. The people saying "powers are balanced" would say that the sky is florescent orange if you told them to. Go play Sorcery. Go play Earth. Tell me where the balance is in that?
    • Like x 14
  8. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

More to the point It is much smarter to get NPC stats hammered out before messing around with player powers (except for broken things like Quantum PI's). So I am glad you guys are putting it off for a little bit. I feel like you guys are starting in the best place to have a positive outcome. The only question will be do the adjustments go far enough and we just have to wait to find that out.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Oh wow! Nice changes! Make Playing Alts Great Again! you can do it Devs!
  10. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Can you guys make this for Soda and R&D vendors too? Pretty please?
    • Like x 2
  11. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

The reason I said what I said, is because the majority of the board is speaking in English, and if you wish to be heard then, translating would be a common courtesy to the majority of the board. It's not an "American thing"; it's a common sense thing.
    • Like x 2
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Google translate doesn't always give a correct translation. I'm sure someone is bilingual at DBG HQ.
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Alrighty Then.
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Also shouldnt this sp speccing thing be able to be applied to the items stacking? I made a thread, bumblingb made a thread, i ask jack on discord who answers to make another thread. And there was never a dev response in the thread or even an acknowledgment that i saw and of course nothing has changed. This is going back 8-9 months now since the 1st thread. We get plans on vault scaling gear, which i never recall anyone ever asking for, but get no word on any of this other stuff. As for the balance stuff? It is very obvious whats going on when it comes to whats being said by certain players who keep saying its all balanced.
    • Like x 5
  15. pakuroto8 New Player

please quit the revamp is bad for the game we want the mechanic advance
    • Like x 1
  16. Boodabomb New Player

Why is everything in the broker so darn high, i just want the wings of sin darn it!

plus can you possibly in the fyture make a parasite power. im trying to make a succubus super villian, but all the powers we have dont fit.
    • Like x 1
  17. Barkingspider35 New Player

Nothing will help the "issues" when you refuse to address the problem you guys have with nerfing powers. Day 1 Sorcery player and you guys completely nerfed sorcery with this "stat revamp." So thanks!! And the Devs really think that powers are balanced?? Is that supposed to be a joke?? Ice against Sorcery player with 251 SP (sorcery) and they have only 180 SP but they're still blowing me out of the water in DPS?? That's balanced though right?? Learn what the word balanced means please Devs. But its also the fact that you nerfed the hell out of Sorcery... Ugh... I'm so done.
    • Like x 2
  18. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Ice is supposed to blow sorcery out of the water. Sorcery doesn't belong in water, but ice does. ;)

They never said they aren't investigating power discrepancies. They just said that many players are saying they feel the game is more balanced. Hopefully Sorcery, Quantum, (Mental?), and any other under-performing powers are investigated and adjusted accordingly.
    • Like x 1
  19. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Heck there used to be at least a few mental Players in my League Now I am the Only One left Trying to stay Loyal to my Power
    • Like x 1
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

I get what your asking but I doubt theyll do it, reason....

1. If I understand it, you are trying not to raise CR, so you arent opening them? That goes against the norm, most players are wanting to raise CR. (I get why, just saying most dont.)
    2. Its that way so players who want to open the box don't accidently delete it before opening.....again most players are in this catagory.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.