MENTAL power LOADOUTS and TIPS!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheProDoge, Jul 30, 2017.

1. TheProDoge New Player

So I am writing this post because I didn't seem to find many people discussing the changes that were made to mental with the revamp and also because I seem to struggle quite a lot in almost everything (duos, solos, alerts) now that the update has rolled in. I have tried multiple loadout, but nothing seems to work and I get owned even by mobs that are 10/20 points lower than my cr. So is anyone still using mental as a dps and if anyone still is would they be so kind to share their tips and maybe their loadout?
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What was your play style? Hybrid or PFtT?
  3. TheProDoge New Player

4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Try this loadout:

Terror tendrils (PI), pyro kensis, phantom flames, psychic prison (AoE dot), pyshic shock for 100 spammer, bolt barrage for SC.

Put out tendris, followed by pyro and phantom, then prison, span shock about 4-5 times while the dots ride out, then repeat process.

On adds you'd rotate tendrils in with shock more often for higher damage, but it'll be slightly more power consuming.
    • Like x 1
  5. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Hope you dont mind I reposted your loadout Giving Credit In the Mental Breakdown Page
  6. TheProDoge New Player

Thanks a lot I'll try it out tonight!
  7. Terrencify New Player

What does PFTT mean ?
  8. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Play From The Tray or Superpowers in the Stats Area
  9. Terrencify New Player

Thanks my man
  10. SasquaT Dedicated Player

11. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I use a 4 to 6 button rotation depending on situation. Superpowered.

1. Mass lev
    2. Cryo
    3. Pyro
    4. Psy Shock
    5. Mass Terror
    6. Invis

In Invis I have
    Pain Ambush , Neo venom, Bolt Bar, Bastion, and Mass hysteria.

Start rotations with invis then ambush when you can.
    Adds rotation
    1-4 or larger groups can use 1-6. Depending on group of ads.
    Boss rotation
    Invis, SC of choice then Ambush.
    1-5 rotation twice, on second rotation clip Mass terror with invis and pain blast.
    Just remember if you have a dot you get knocked out of invis. So no use attempting it if you have a dot on.
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

My loadout changes every day; as I add more and more Iconics.
    • Like x 2
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

mentals revamp is lackluster. it doesn't matter your loadout. damage parses for very low. i've recreated the loadouts recommended in this thread and they're mediocre at best and are only competitive against the other powers that got swept under the rug in this revamp. i would even make the statement that if you're out dps'ing nature, rage,atomic,earth or electricity i'm going to need to see video proof but even thats not enough because these things can be easily faked to try to prove a point.

Power interactions don't produce higher numbers. Powers miss completely. Powers have been arbitrarily changed. Supercharges are lacking. Awkward cooldown times between powers that should flow smoothly together.

I compared mental in its current state to what fire was like during the am era in that the potential seems to be there but everything feels a little off. Now it feels more like ice was during the Battle for Earth days. Just weak. You'll do great in solo situations but once you get into a group setting and do all those things that were fun and working well on your own youre going to find yourself falling short. Extremely short if your paired with the current fotm powers.

In two weeks of testing all the changes on different powered toons damage seems to hit in three categories. Weak hits which hit for around 2 k, stronger hits in the 5 k range and big bursts in the 10 k range . With mental most everything falls in the weak slot with a few bigger hits and very rarely do i see something in the "big burst" range and these numbers are just ballpark. I'm rounding up. I have yet to see any of mentals powers hit for over 10 k. even 9 is pushing it.

Conversely my nature toons seem to always hit in that mid 5k range with more "big bursts" going as high as 12 and 14 k and the "weak hits" usually constitute dot damage which flows freely and fast...as opposed to mentals dots which are weak, slow and expire quickly.

Back in that day before weapon mastery and advanced mechanics i used to dominate with mental utilizing loadouts and weapons that were deemed poor by the general populace but back then it made sense.

I hate the changes made to the power set. I hate that tk bolt now does zero damage to objects. I cant even blow up my own base items with it. I hate telekinetic pull. All it does is mess up the board the way Thought Bubble used to. Telekinetic prison should be centered around its target and clusters of ads. Not on my character. Its mental. Its not a hand to hand power. Why would i want to bring ads into my melee range?

Anyway if you're doing well with mental good on you but I wont believe it til i see it.

Just like When AMs were introduced someone forgot to turn mental on.
    • Like x 1
  14. dvdira New Player

Agree completely with you here. I've spent several days testing out loadouts to save my mental toon but it seems like a struggle between damage done and cost. There are loadouts here (like the one with the old Mass Hysteria) that have good (but not great) dps but consume your power completely (since people seem to INSIST on only 1 troll in raids). Then there are those that have good power management, but do worse dps, particularly against a single target. And they all do comparatively lower dps compared against the top tier powers.
    • Like x 1
  15. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Here's a Heavy Hitter loadout. I haven't tried it on a boss run yet; but it is power intensive.
    Mass Lev as Initial Stun and DOT
    Horrific Visage SC Generator (I know it doesn't split but it SC Gens, and SC Bolt Barrage is great)
    Heat Vision - Iconic Heavy Hitter long cool down into
    Frost Breath - Iconic Heavy Hitter (or Sonic Shout) long cool down into
    Terrorize - Finisher usually can skip FB and hit Terrorize.
    Invisibility into Pain Blast - Hits hardest But not as hard as
    Bolt Barrage - Awesome Super Charge when used properly.