Does This Forum Now Have Adds?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Backseid, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Backseid Devoted Player

A few times now, in the last two days, I've suddenly had audio adds start playing while on this forum.

Since I'm on my phone, and at work, I've had to hit the back button to turn them off real quick.

Is this due to these forums, or is it my phone/browser causing it?

I'm on a S8+, using Chrome.

Thanks.
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I have not seen any. Try updating your add blocker if you are using one.
  3. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Hasn't happened to me

EDIT: Don't give them any ideas though :D
    • Like x 3
  4. Backseid Devoted Player

Ok. I thought maybe it was my browser/phone. Just checking to see if anyone else was getting these.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If it did I would quit coming here. Can't stand adds and constant product pushing in places where it doesn't call for it.

Edit: "they should do it just so you quit" comments from the usual suspects can be directed at my inbox. It's for your safety, not mine. Thanks.
    • Like x 3
  6. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

No there aren't any adds. I suppose we have a good tank pulling them all.
    • Like x 3
  7. Physique Dedicated Player

It sounds like your browser has picked up an ad-bot. If you haven't done so on your mobile, you might want to run some sort of security program (I use Dr. Safety) and make sure your phone isn't compromised. Also, in the advanced Chrome brower settings, you can ensure that accesses to things like autoplaying media, your microphone, and your camera are turned off or set to something you control.
    • Like x 1
  8. Goddesssilver Well-Known Player

No ads here but if they decide to put any keep them in the front home page not in the forum.
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

It might have been a video in someone's signature autoplaying.
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Never seen a single add while i was on here THANK GOD. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  11. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

It is most certainly your phone. I'm accessing the forums regulary from a browser without add-blocker, and I haven't noticed any adds. It's common that phones and tablets come with tons of "branding" soft-/malware opening BS-browser windows for adds whenever it notices there's internet available.
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

My all time favorite is some thing Yahoo does . although I suppose it could be any of them I just use Yahoo. You see a story headline that looks interesting and click for more detail. Then over what can be as many as 20 or even more pages they SLOWLY give you details while you read a short sentence or two and then have to click "NEXT" to get to the next bit.. and of course while you are doing all of that an entire page of advertising is flashing in your face on every single page. You finish the "story" and can't help but thinking.. the entire thing could have been on ONE page .. but then they wouldn't have been able to show you 2 dozen (or more) adds.

Oh BTW Fatal.. Where do we direct the "If they even think about doing it and make you quit some one must die" comments? :cool: Place just would not be the same without you.
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No.
    • Like x 3
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The forums have only self-appointed bosses.
    • Like x 1
  15. Backseid Devoted Player

I hate those sites. They always start from a story add at the very bottom of some other site.

They show like one picture, then you have to hit NEXT. But then there's more than one NEXT, or fake arrows you think you're supposed to click.

And like you said, there's a ton of adds that really slow down the loading of the page.

I still click on those articles once in a while though. Lol
  16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Checkyour PC for adware and proxies.

As a test deactivate ALLL apps of Chrome.