R.I.P.. Adam West

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by DCUO Post, Jun 10, 2017.

1. DCUO Post Loyal Player

2. EP Ice Loyal Player

3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This is sad news indeed. This is the Batman I grew up with. Campy, goofy, but highly entertaining.
  4. Faust74 Loyal Player

5. Lantern Azure Black Committed Player

6. Faust74 Loyal Player

Quahog is gonna go to crap without West running the city.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I grew up watching him and Bert Ward battle the evil villains of Gotham City. The show was decidedly campy but fun to watch and if you are in to comic book history there are a number of artists and writers from back in the day that attribute that show to saving the comic book industry. Sales of comics had dropped dramatically in the 1960s and then "BATMAN" starring Adam West arrived on TV. Not long after kids started visiting comic book stores and spending money again. You might say its possible the only reason this game exists today is at least in part thanks to that man and that show.

Rest in piece

ARTICLE ON YAHOO
    • Like x 3
  8. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

He was one of my favorite Bat-men and a pretty darn good voice actor as well.
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

this is ill tidings.
  10. sirzap Well-Known Player

RIP Adam West
    • Like x 1
  11. Saami Loyal Player

Sundays in grandma and grandpapas house. Wathing old Batman from vhs cassettes.
    Good memories. R.I.P Adam West.
    • Like x 2
  12. Agent Canada Active Player

Sadly, one of my heroes has passed away, Rest in Peace Adam West. I made Sector Protector to be a tribute to Adam West way back in the City of Heroes days and he is almost as long lived as my main Agent Canada. I am actually a lot sadder than I thought I would be, I knew I would miss him of course, but this is heart breaking.
    AC
    • Like x 1
  13. IamINC Dedicated Player

This is truely awful news , RIP.
    • Like x 1
  14. ARMY TANK Well-Known Player

Such a shame RIP Mr West :(
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I saw folks talking about it in-game today, and one comment that made me chuckle was someone saying something along the lines of "Forget that, time to Lazarus Pit him right now!"

It was corny and goofy, but his show and movie resonated with a lot of people. He may not have been the most serious Batman, but he was Batman. Rest in peace, good sir.
    • Like x 3
  16. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

He was, is, and always will be my number one as far as The Dark Knight goes. There goes another staple of our collective childhood that miraculously remained relevant up to the end.

Burt Ward said he was surprised that the Batusi made it past the censors. According to his book, Boy Wonder: My Life In Tights, Adam West was always trying to slip innuendo into the show....and gawd bless him for doing so.

Thank you for all the joy you've brought us, Mr. West.
    • Like x 4
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Let us not forget Sheldon's Surprise on Big Bang Theory......

So what the heck is an Affleck? LOL

Again RIP ADAM You will be missed.
    • Like x 2
  18. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

RIP :( I remember watching him in the nights after school.
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

He will be missed.
    Lesson to learn from Adam West - Don't take yourself too seriously.
    • Like x 2
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

"To the Batgrave, Robin!"

What? Too soon?
    • Like x 3