New vendor prices?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dr Nastiobous, May 27, 2017.

1. Controller Devoted Player

I have a hard time believing that we won't see another DLC this year.

My best guess is next one dropping in November? Before the Holidays AND in conjunction with JL Movie?

Is this timeframe for the next DLC set in stone somewhere? Did Mepps or a Dev state this?
  2. Here2Help Devoted Player

Not confirmed but I did think that too. November is when we got AF3 and it just fits well with the DC schedule. It's only 5 months after June though and it definitely feels like this DLC is meant to last longer than that.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Nothing official has been said, no.
    • Like x 1
  4. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

just cant see the game hanging on like this. many more are going to say I'm done...
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Glad I'm not subbed, the vendor prices are pretty outrageous.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

It's not set in stone, but consider the length of the grind it seems unlikely to me that they'd drop a DLC on top of another existing grind; but then again they did release the spring seasonal on top of the starro limited event.
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Edit: just read Light FX's post below, deleted my original response.
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

U can do the math. Which a bunch of people have already done. To finish the full vendor set, the 3 helmets on the vendor that have a feat, and the OP items on the vendor it will take u 7 months of running the content.

June 1st to dec 1st is 7 months. Mepps did say we wouldnt see back to back episodes. Said that on these forums about a month ago. I see people saying there will be another one. But i dont see any reasons why that would happen. Not any reason that makes sense to me at least. And then the anniversary event comes in january. Also have christmas event in dec too. And jack stated these large events like the anniversary and starro will replace some dlcs. So im not really sure where a dlc fits in there. As far as the JL movie well daybreak is not obligated to do anything related to those movies. The 1st thing they did, the swag bag and posters was removed. The SS stuff didnt actually have anything that was inspired by the movie. A bombshell harley style and classic deadshot stye.

I will say this, the schedule seems to keep changing and we as players seem to have no idea whats coming in the future as far as content. Up until the end of monthly content we always knew what was coming next. We even had a rough idea of the date it would go live.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, just want to restate one thing though.

If you're only going for the vendor gear, there are no changes to the amount of time to get the set. 12 weeks for AFIII, 12 weeks for AoJ.

The OP items and those awful helmets are what's adding another 4 months of grind on top of that.

And I do see that replays are now less valuable because of the increase of prices as well.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

For those crazy enough to replay in the first week here's your cost

If you replayed to get just the set of gear excluding OP items you would need to replay the raid 132 times to finish within the first week 132 x 87 is 11,484 replay badges 11,484 replay badges / $10 (350) = 32.81 = x10 = $328.10USD

Including OP gear it would be 304.7 times resetting the raid 26,509 replay badges or $757.40USD
    • Like x 1
  11. IamINC Dedicated Player

Defending theses prices is just ridiculous , so 7 months to hit 202cr if that is corect just to be clamped in the following event.

Makes no sense at all.
    • Like x 1
  12. IamINC Dedicated Player

And you know as I do that is exactly what daybreak are counting on , because no mater the cost the whales will want that top CR before you and I
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Oh here's also the time involved if you were too do this in 1 week.

the time involved in resetting using an average 20minutes per raid would be 6,160 minutes /60 = 102.66 hours of running the same raid over and over / 7 = an average of 14.66 hours for the entire week.

Guess you could fit some sleeping and eating in there somewhere :D lol
    • Like x 1
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

I was first on EU to 190 and 192 (not purposely aiming to be first but it happened through just playing and enjoying getting missing things), but yeah, someone else can do that this time. That's just too much. I'll replay a bit and then just run my LPvEs till daily/weekly resets happen.
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

Yup. I broke down all of it in proxys thread. The costs and % increase compared from AF3 to AoJ. In AF3 u could get the gear set and both OP items in 4 months. AoJ this takes 6 months+. Also the mino head in AF3 only had a title while the helmets in AoJ has actual feat points.

Max CR is 203 btw. If u have the new OP items. Full IL 175 gear gets ta to 201.25. So ya need some of the new OP items to even hit 202 :mad: Remember when we could get to max CR by just having the best gear, which was either vendor or drop? Now we NEED OP items to reach max cr. How wonderful :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Remember the old days when getting fully geared cost a 100$ in replays?
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

They took our idea of vendor gear best gear and murdered it. Straight up twisted contorted and ran it into the ground along with real content. They prey on your wanting of skill points. I never thought I'd miss RNG gear being best gear....but they did it. Smh. Theres just too much wrong with this game right now than there is right. I can't see through the crap anymore. Its all over.
    • Like x 2
  18. Korlick Loyal Player

"Age of Justice" ... i see no justice at all in this new DLC.
    • Like x 8
  19. Backblock Well-Known Player

As the price of vendor gear goes up, the more some folks will be spending in replays.
    Remember that, folks.
  20. Here2Help Devoted Player

Honestly, it has the reverse effect on me. I usually spend around a set amount of replays. With AF3, I spent that amount and the remaining vendor stuff was just out of reach and it got me to spend more than I normally do. I definitely spent too much on AF3 to be honest. This time the costs are just so high that I'll spend my usual amount and everything will still be so far away that I won't be bothered on exceeding my usual spending. I know that might not be the same for everyone, but I just wanted to add in with a honest perspective of how it's actually getting me to spend less instead of more. If they want more from me, they need to keep it just out of reach and I'll keep on spending.
    • Like x 3