New vendor prices?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dr Nastiobous, May 27, 2017.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]

send payment before a bench warrant is issued:D
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]
    Let's agree to disagree.
  3. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

As I've said before $45 dollars every 3 months is a lot if they can't at least guarantee a DLC every 3 months. Also another power set at least every year.

Almost every new game that comes out is around $60... That's a WHOLE game... How they can't make a solo.. duo.. alert and raid every 3 months on a platform that already exists for $45 blows my mind.

Been playing 6 years so I have a lot invested in this game and my wife loves this game as well but we are really questioning the sanity of investing more now.

Not only the time it takes for new dlc's but the quality of the content has fallen as well...

It's just kill generic adds in halls.. burn down boss/bosses in room.. and repeat... No real mechanics anymore or any that you can just burn through with damage... Not any real enhancements to the adds.

You want harder content here is elite but you can only play it every other week for free or pay to reset...Really.. So pay more for a "challenge".

Stuff just gets left broken forever including powers.. come on 2 years later Nature and Electric are still completely embarrassing broken on Dps side.. It literally would have taken a few days of that 2 years to add a across the board damage buff to those powers so they didn't completely suck to use.

The game is supposed to develop and evolve better overtime as you learn your craft and learn you consumer base. The thing that were improved by craft like style materials were put behind ridicules pay walls and learned your consumer base craves completing feats so let's put some behind a pay wall...

Bottom line.... $45 that is real money that should be earned and they are not earning it right now.. Instead the situation is like a storage unit with $500 worth of stuff that you like so you pay $50 to keep the storage unit... Unless you put more stuff in the unit or the value of the stuff increases you will reach a point where you have paid more to keep the stuff then the value of the stuff. Im reaching the end of my limit... Rent needs to get cheaper or I need to add more stuff but 1 of those must change if not both... Hopefully that is understandable.
    • Like x 6
  4. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

Look, I am completely on board with the "membership is getting devalued" movement. However, I'm a big proponent of intellectual honesty. I know a lotta guys wanna accuse the devs of being dishonest, but we can't fight a lie with a lie.

Events ARE content. They are content in the sense that they give you a story, levels, monsters, gear, and feats. We can argue that the major events feel like a phone in attempt at appeasing us. But if you were looking at this blindfolded, you would identify a major event as content. Is it not the content you want? Does it feel forced and devoid of effort? Maybe, but it's really uncool that you guys are ganging up on ChillCat.

First off, the dude isn't even calling it DLCs, and you're yelling at him in text (seriously why so serious?)
    Second, he's not even wrong, you guys are just SO invested you can't admit it's true.

What does a DLC have over a major event? Permanency? Exclusive access to premium and up? What difference does it make if an event goes away? Why do you care that it's "open to all players"?

In the grand scope of it, the only difference between a DLC and a major event is that:

DLCs don't go away
    DLCs can only be accessed by paying players
    DLCs typically have more effort put into them

But what else do they have going for them that makes such an emotional response from you guys that a guy "dared" call an event content?

In making our argument, let's be honest here. Major events ARE content, and they are almost indiscernible from DLCs.
    • Like x 5
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

This game has turned into such a cash grab. The prices of gear and crafting are pretty crazy and the content just plan stinks. No challenge whatsoever and its boring as heck. If things don't change this game isn't gonna last to much longer. Also if we don't get another dlc in 3/4 months thats another stab in the back and im not talking a money driven event either im talking a real dlc.

This game is never for making the customer happy anymore, its all about squeezing every cent out of us and thats sad. I know its a biz and you have to make money but there needs to be a balance between customer satisfaction and making money. If you just made a good game you wouldn't have nickel and dime everyone cause more ppl would play the game but its clear that you don't care about the game or the customers.

The best neglect is nature and elec Mepps stated that they can change damage ratios with a simple hotfix....well then why has nature and elec been garbage for 3 years. Simply cause they don't care about the customers or the game, if they did that stuff would have been fixed a long time ago.

Us nature and elec players are still waiting on that GU50 hotfix:mad: ............
    • Like x 8
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

None of the recent content has been great. There are several negative aspects to events when compared to episodes. Stat clamping, and the time limit are two of the biggest factors. Why do we chase gear and feats to get stronger only to be clamped down to cr34? The time limit puts pressure to use multiple toons or tons of replays to get feats. The content has been really sub par so far bc it has to be accessible to everyone.
    • Like x 6
  7. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Dr Nastiobous and ChillCat are both right. Dr Nastiobous feel like the grind should not be to excessive due to paying monthly membership, even though you can pay for 1 yr membership. (being sarcastic)

And ChillCat is saying to fill in your void due to long breaks of DLC they're special events to fill in that void due to lack of DLC.

So if we DBZ it and fuse it together it will come out like this.

This DLC should not make us grind for months due to lack of DLC. This type of grind is unmotivating to play the same dang content over and over again just to get a few pieces of gear.
    Devs need to shorten the grind, and give us special events and seasonal in between to keep us interested to pay for monthly membership.

Does that sound better?
  8. ChillCat Loyal Player

Fair enough. Events are a new-ish thing and lots of room for improvement. For me, the Anti-Monitor raid got real old real fast. But we provide our feedback and the Devs improve and make them better. Worthwhile point but saying the content is not great is different than saying it doesn't count as content.
    • Like x 1
  9. light FX Steadfast Player

Isnt this thread titled new vendor prices? Looks like some have turned it into a discussion about something else :confused: Hmmm wonder why that is? Could it be because those vendor prices are being defended by some people?
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Pfft, when was the last time a thread stayed about the actual subject past page one? :p
    • Like x 3
  11. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

So that's your rebuttal? You don't actually have facts, you just cast aspersions, make a fake account and you think THAT is effective?

How old are you?

The guy has a different opinion, and all you can do to discredit him is call him names? When you reach that part of the debate, you are conceding defeat.
    • Like x 1
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

Well in the test reward thread his "facts" were debunked already. So then it becomes about opinion. And ya know what they say about those ;) Quick example. Saying if ya have the starro OP items it lessens the grind. Nope already been debunked. And he also said only SM league will need OP items. So majority should have AF3 OP items to lessen the grind here but now only SM league need the new OP items? :rolleyes: Some of this stuff is so easily debunked its laughable.

And i think someone making an account like happens because some are sick of seeing every single decision praised or defended. Yes the forums are doom and gloom most days. Yes the devs do make good decisions at times. But they are human like the rest of us and also can make a bad decision. And some people are not objective when it comes to discussing those decisions ;)
    • Like x 3
  13. SilkyPawz Bunny

I want to personally say sorry to the OP, about this thread being hijacked, in my first post on page one. I stated how I felt about the pricing an the content/grind of the new DLC. Me on a personal note just feel Super Let Down, again that is just me an my opinion.:(

There was a post under testing for the gear price which Mepps locked. He did say they will review it on Tuesday, if that means anything.
    • Like x 1
  14. Norwegian ninja Well-Known Player

This is putting a huge amount of lipstick on a pig. Events do not equal a DLC. There is very little to no meaningful end game progression. A few skill points and 1-2 CR from OP items that are quickly replaced. Starro Event had a 2-3 minute Duo, 2-3 minute alert, and 5 minutes worth of daily activities along with a 10 minute raid ( or 2 10 minute raids if you are a member). 15-20 minutes of content is not meaningful to people who have been waiting since last November for something meaningful to do at end game.

Events are not end game. Plus, once they bring back the anniversary it is no longer new. Seasonals are no longer new.

A 6-7 month wait in between new end game content is not fair to the paying/playing population.
    • Like x 2
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

If you're going to copy the original, you've got to do better than that.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As the person who made that claim (in red), could you please tell me how that has been debunked? :)
    • Like x 1
  17. MaverickRaven657 Well-Known Player

To be absolutely clear, I agree with the ppl that say it's not acceptable to pay a sub for this horrible amount of new DLCs. I hate how slow the stuff has come out, I'm 100% with you guys on that.

I agree that the membership is being devalued, I just don't see it as being the crisis some are making it out to be. I don't care if they do open episodes. All it means to me is that ppl should probably drop their sub, your sub isn't being appreciated. I won't because it's inconvenient for me to keep track of it. I buy my membership a few years ahead (I got about 18 months left on mine, and if I see another sale I will probably scoop that up too). For me, I would rather lose the $50 or whatever, than risk not having a sub for a few days. I appreciate open episodes because I'm hopeful that it will attract new members. I'm also fearful it will drive old members away. It's a give and take and I'm not sure what benefits the game the most.

I personally don't see the quality of the content to be superior to when we were getting monthly DLCs. The only thing is we get more of it, which I think if all things were the same, I think we would have been better off sticking with the monthly releases. (Not that that matters, there's no going back. One can only hope that we stop asking for things, as we always get our wishes perverted lol)

I am not saying the devs are perfect, far from it. I'm only saying that you need to be honest with your criticisms. Lack of content, is not a valid point. It should be lack of SATISFACTORY content, as a lot of it has been rubbish.

And lastly, I edited my post for as I mistyped "content" when I meant DLC, yet I see you quoted the erroneous post. It's important that when we try to make our arguments we are honest because if you aren't you can be instantly dismissed as delusional or a person that'll never be happy.

From a creative aspect, if you're never going to make your fans happy, why even try hard? Why even try at all?
  18. ChillCat Loyal Player

Again, never said Events were the same as DLCs but they are both content, and Events so far contain a sizable amount of content. Plus, they contain all the thing you've mentioned above, plus a decent list of feats to help with progression, a fairly nice new style set for end gamers (even if you can't take advantage of the gear) in a reg and elite version. True, it doesn't give you gear for progression if you're an end gamer but the amount of feats are a nice bonus to your stats...very important for the coming revamp.

To your last point, Events are new for everybody and if any more come out between now and January, those will also be new. It's new content, whether you like it or not.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

Good conversation, this is just my opinion and i'm glad people know that this is a issue. Mepps said there reviewing it so we'll see what happens. I understand stats matter is the priority right now but if we have to wait 6 months again then make the episode even bigger, we all want new content to run and make our toons better but whats going on is not fair to the community. Again my opinion .
  20. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Just wanna make sure I have this right, you're defending a guy making a troll account on another forum member, because you don't like that that forum member defends things you don't like(which is virtually everything in this game if one reads your posts...). So its okay to have this type of behavior if one is fed up. They get to act like a child, and you'll condone it, cuz hey, Chillcat sees the game differently then you.

You stay classy.
    • Like x 2