Update 1.6? What were you thinking?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by UnFriendMe, May 10, 2017.

1. UnFriendMe New Player

I was really enjoying the changes until this version.
    Tanking - Best thing to do right now. I prefer Fire and Atomic. Everything seems great, as long as you don't block (which I see a lot of tanks do and die very quickly but hey... not everyone reads the forums or in game content).

Healing - Inconsistent, I think I'm at 25k restoration and I sometimes I heal in the mid to high thousands and sometimes I heal in the low hundreds... sadly it depends on the power I'm using which it shouldn't.

Controlling - I now have 26k vitalization. I provide ticks of 200-300 power over time. I'm done testing this role because of that. I only use Quantum so hopefully, like healing, this is a power specific problem. Crowd control, I don't know how much domination I have but it doesn't matter I haven't noticed a change in crowd control duration unless it's in nanoseconds.

So this prototype wheel you've reinvented, rolled a block, got a flat and is worthless because the rim is warped.
    But unlike so many others I'll put some suggestions on the table.

Tanking - All tanks need an AOE pull (360 degrees) with a long distance range of influence. I don't care how you do it, but make it happen.

Healing - Power costs need to go down, a lot. Big numbers should reflect big heals. Shielding should last more than a few seconds and take a hell of a lot more damage before breaking.

Trolling - Big numbers should reflect big power restoration or longer crowd control. I don't care how you do it, but make it happen.

As far as Damage role I don't care for it. Too many scoreboard chasers. I suggest getting rid of the scoreboard all together. Too many players focus on numbers and not the real objective of completing instances. They're just chasing a fake rabbit around a track trying to be first on something that isn't real. For the complainers that are complaining about this statement, if you don't finish the instance you don't get the rewards bottom line. If you play content to have a high damage out number, die a lot and keep replaying the same part over and over and over (oh wait... LOL... most already do -_-) and you'll get your big number at the top of a scoreboard that'll disappear when you leave the instance...

Past my bed time... I wish you the best of luck cleaning up this mess though.
    • Like x 1
  2. KageFighter New Player

Removing the scoreboard.. xD (nice joke)
    • Like x 1
  3. RAbram Level 30

I think removing the scoreboard is a good idea
    • Like x 2
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Question then: How would we know where the problem is when the group keeps failing at a boss. Could be a dps, trol or healer? Yes we should be able to tell from experience where the problem lies, but the scoreboard is the proof. Just asking
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

Scoreboard doesn't tell you if players are failing to roll out of fire pools, or lunging the boss before he/she gets off a super attack, or if a player refuses to rev the only healer in the group, or on-and-on-and-on-and-on. There are plenty of reasons for a group to under perform, and burn rate is only one.

Should we get rid of the scoreboard? I wouldn't miss it because it generates more problems than the value it provides, but at the very least it needs a massive rework.
    • Like x 5
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I
    Well it helps me and everyone I know that plays and I like it:)
  7. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Scoreboard is an easy way to get basic info if some of the DPS-ers are under performing. Then when you inspect the person you see he has no mods, no Home Turf and probably has lied about his SP.

And btw a lot of groups fail Zeus fight in Oly Elite just because dps die too much or burn takes too long. Even if healers and trollers try their best to cleanse, if burn takes ages group is likely to make a mistake at some point. Scoreboard is easy way to see who dies most often and if someone is lacking or straight AFK-ing.
    • Like x 3
  8. krytine Loyal Player

The scoreboard should get a revamp the f4ont page should show a point system that inclueds supply drops damage pick ups mechanics if someone rolled i to your supply drop power out power in adds stunned or controled healing in healing out. Oh and a deduction for each tim they are ko or miss a pick up that is within 8 meters. Then a second page to show individual stats either healing damage power
  9. BumblingB I got better.

So even though he talked about roles, the take away everyone is on is "Remove the scoreboard?" Really?

Controlling doesn't feel like controlling anymore. You can't stun anything as everything breaks out. At the beginning, they said "we hear you controllers. We will give you what you want." and then the peasants cheered and they implement the breakout profiles "I'm sorry, you wanted to control? But that trivializes content more, so no."
    • Like x 5
  10. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

This whole update sounds horrific. How about you just add new stuff, fix stupid bugs, and leave the powers as they are. What's that saying again? Oh yeah, don't fix it if it isn't broken. In this case you should take that advice, and then go fix the things that ARE actually broken.
    • Like x 1
  11. Realsaiyin Active Player

As a person who is so against the numbers and against the scoreboard, that is a lot of numbers from you. Why do you complain about the low heals and power if the instances are being completed anyways?
  12. spack2k Steadfast Player

AMs are broken
    • Like x 1
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

AMs are beyond broken
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

How are you at 25k restoration on test?
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

I just initiate the kick and see how the vote goes.

Oh, and I like saying on voice "oh no! Vote no! Vote no! I many to inspect!" When there wasn't a vote from the start lol