I want a Star Sapphire powerset in DCUO

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Aaron159Z, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

I even went as far as writing to the administration and the c.e.o of DC Entertainment. I am so tired of using mental power set to replace the lack of the Star Sapphire rings not optional for female characters. I am not to fund of fighting Star Sapphires since my main toon is practically screaming she is Star Sapphire in DCUO. I like girly pink and I think it's time that DCUO turn those girly pink rings into a powerset that dominate the field. Unlock the full potential of the "girl power" and wreck the field of her enemies.
    [IMG]

Power set: Star Sapphire
    Role: (Controller, Tank, Healer)

Tank traits:
    Famous for trolling absurd amounts of defense points buffs with every move onto players on her team. Star Sapphires in tank role, her health points slowly diminish while guarding or not, the more enemies gain up on her. Tank role, her health diminish insanely slow especially when doing solo missions.

Controller traits:
    Famous for turning off boss battles immunity against you. Her attack can cover a wide distance and last a long time and that's just normal powers. She can easily trap a huge wave of her enemies in Star Sapphire crystals rendering them helpless unable to do anything. She can even make constructs that dont go away beating up enemies that whole mission.

Healer:

Star Sapphires can attack and heal her allies without her MP getting really low.
    • Like x 5
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Tank Traits= Overpowered. More enemies should make her health drain faster, not slower.

Controller traits=Overpowered. People should be able to break out of the crystals therotically.

Healers= Overpowered again..

Did you even think about the game or did you really just want to be Overpowered and have a Dumbfounded easy to use powerset?

Healers are meant to work with controllers, if she can heal without barely using any MP(as in Mana Points) that means they won't need a troller in most situations.

A troller's primary job is to provide power. And everything I see in the OP is gonna make this powerset way too easy to play, and way too overpowered.
    • Like x 3
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No opposed to ANOTHER lantern power, but it will have to get in line behind water, whenever that comes out.

If they would have thought thing thru a little more, usually we can see when they dont. They would have come out with lantern rings and let the player change the color to what they want. The nightmare of letting us change the color of our powers is probably a no go, but for those who enjoy role playing, at least being able to wear a green Lantern ring that you could shade any color you want, would be most welcome.

Look at all the flash, reverse flash, black flash, original flash, styles there are. You have to figure they could make a customizable ring that glows if they can make material have lightning jump all over you.

When they make new styles, they go a little overboard. When the game started, it was all batman.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Life is full of disappointments
    • Like x 2
  5. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

Do something to ballence it out. At least have one lantern ring show how awsome they are over the others.
  6. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

Does this have anything to do with "Omnipotence"? You've got a real hankering for this kind of thing when you should be....
    • Like x 1
  7. stärnbock Devoted Player

I was going to say that star saphires should be great healers for single team members and awfull for group healing (because you can't love all ppl the same) however:

love is a terrible healing power! Its at the other end of the spectrum, wich is indicating its strong power but also that it is not easy to control. Ppl get overwhelmed by love, it turns them into pathetic slaves without them even realizing.

Think: ever fallen in love with the person you have chosen to?
    No, you have not! because love dictates who you fall in love with and there is NOTHING you can do against it. In fact, love ***** you and makes your live miserable how hard and when ever it wants to!

It should be DAMMAGE ROLE ONLY, if anything... Because in the end, it always leads to agonizing pain as soon as love is involved in anything that was good once...
    • Like x 1
  8. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

Can't the same be said for rage? It's like star Sapphire's are the rage corps little sister. They are the same yet opposites.
  9. IamINC Dedicated Player

Well , makes a change from the monotonous Blue lantern threads I suppose.
  10. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

Wouldn't having one lantern ring show its superiority, unless it's through a support role, over the rest negate any balancing that could be done? Having the Star Sapphires fill out the Healer role would a welcome way to complete the triad of rings we have in game ( tetrad if you include Yellow).

But, in essence, you're asking for a handout as opposed to paying your dues and building your skill as a player. I get it. Who doesn't want to be awesome? Being more powerful is great but, if you aren't good at the game, no amped up bauble is going to make you dominant. Experience, as they say, is the great equalizer.

What CR are you? How many SP do you have? Do you understand the nuances ( AM's, PI's, and such) of the power you're currently using? You know how to use weapon combos other than Full Auto ( Dual Pistol) and Pulse Beam ( Hand Blaster)? Are you in a league that can help you achieve these things? If not, you should consider these questions and focus on being the best you can, because it's going to be a long wait for a power that may never come.
  11. Ereez Well-Known Player

I think a star sapphire power would be pretty fun, there's tons of power i'd like to see added to the game. From what i've seen on here people seem to be against adding another lantern power, personally i'd love a blue lantern or SS power
  12. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I have a list of Carol Ferris NPC powers you might enjoy :click here:
    Also this :click here:

Can you not be an ***-hat for 5 mins? .. yeah life is full of disappointments. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  13. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

1. I think Blue Lantern should be HEALER and TANK. Did you see how them Blue Lanterns revived Green Lanterns in the War of Light add on's?

2. I think Star Sapphire is better suited for Tank and Controller. My reasons are the following! Those pink princesses I call them, they are obsessed with crystals and crystal is hard like a "tank". Have you ever tried to break a crystal when you was young trying to see how strong you are against it with no special tool? The floor will cave in before that crystal break. In battle if Carol Ferris have any since, she would harden her Star Sapphire crystals as her body armor. Next is controller!! Star Sapphires love mental and conversion making you see things their way, and that's something I do love myself for the greater good. If anything controller powers should be more amplified version of mental giving out power points with higher numbers maybe 800 and 900 instead of 500 or 600, (it's that blue bar under your health points to use super powers,) and stripping the enemy of their resistance and immunity against you, even against boss battles.

3. White Lantern rings! Damage and Healer. Healer! You can heal with a wide range barely using little power, players health is often repaired quickly with almost full hp and sometime health points is fully restored instantly to all players. Damage! Your contructs are actively very busy on their own as your army of minions, defending you and your team with a delivering a serious beat down upon your enemies, swarming the enemies and never letting up and punching real hard to. Your minions don't go away unless destroyed by the enemy which isn't easy, your minions. If you and your team are getting low on health, your minnions will stop what their boing and jump the enemies hurting you and your team the most. White Lantern is dangerous upon the enemy,because you can also fight normally as a lantern to top things off.

Now about that love part I must set you straight! Love is suppose to be true love, failure to comply and not being faithful to the bitter end should result in someones :eek: uh oh. First of all how dare someone ruin the mate's dream's their fantasy to live happily ever after with you. Hal Jordan said "Love is unpredictable and cant be controlled ", realize that character has a career in being single and never staying married. Love can only be controlled if you have, unbreakable honor and commitment for life.
    • Like x 1
  14. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

I like some stuff in the urls, but I think my stuff is better. As for White Lantern, that power is suppose to make the enemy hate you that I wrote. Im the type of person that I would put some very strong abilities as whole in some power sets rarely, inside a game. What part of some power sets are special some people don't understand?
  15. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

Now about that love part I must set you straight! Love is suppose to be true love, failure to comply and not being faithful to the bitter end should result in someones uh oh. First of all how dare someone ruin the mate's dream's their fantasy to live happily ever after with you. Hal Jordan said "Love is unpredictable and cant be controlled ", realize that character has a career in being single and never staying married. Love can only be controlled if you have, unbreakable honor and commitment for life.[/quote]

That last part is how I view the emotion love period. Did you know that America act as if love is a joke and just a hobby? That emoion called love is suppose to be protected. Im not seeking love but I thought I should comment. Talking bad about love is uncool
  16. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

"That last part is how I view the emotion love period. Did you know that America act as if love is a joke and just a hobby? That emoion called love is suppose to be protected. Im not seeking love but I thought I should comment. Talking bad about love is uncool[/quote]"

When was the last time you were in an actual adult relationship, sir? I'd hate to think you're presuming to preach to us of something you've never experienced.
  17. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

This could really work for a healer/dps imo especially considering there is tank and troll lantern powersets so its time for a healer. Here is how I could see it working so go with me down this rabbit hole lol. Healer: Love has the ability to "heal" a person from old wounds, pain, suffering, etc when its genuine. DPS: it also has the ability to break a person down to their very soul when they get hurt causing so much destruction. My breakdown of this is obviously is not based on anything comics related but actually how love can work in RL lol. Plus I'd just really love to see this as a healer powerset so I made it work out in my mind LOL!
    • Like x 2
  18. Aaron159Z Well-Known Player

So i get a message about trolling and some crap:rolleyes:, because some people have cold feet. I talk about love correctly because people talk about it in the wrong way, what ever.

On another thread Talk about trying to get a female player with her female character to follow my guy character in the game jusr beacause I want to and that's it, somehow down the line that suppose to be sexiest and what ever is stupidity.Reporting me and punishing is stupid, all folks do is turn me into a I don't care and much darker person always in the end.

I will leave you be since it's clear that America dont want to understand the origins of love and the teachings of love.
  19. Sophie New Player

I think they should release hand styles that have lantern power rings
    • Like x 1
  20. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I'm sorry but either you really don't know how to talk to people or you really are a troll.

Why do I say this anyone who is reading asks? Simply because now country is brought into the mix (and a few of the posters who commented aren't from America ;) and than it's furthered by saying that he understands the origins of love and teachings of love (at least that is heavily implied). Earlier in this thread this same individual basically implied that Amazons wouldn't have been the fighters if Men were around.. and used that to back some other beliefs he had (which none of it actually has to do with much).

OP if you read this please take away one thing from this. Love is different for everyone and therefore can have a different meaning for everyone... very few meanings that individuals have for it are "outright wrong". So having absolute conviction that your beliefs are the only one, on a subject where it can be different for multiple people, transcends silliness.