Test Server Delay on Raids Makes Testing Miserable

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCUO Gaming, May 5, 2017.

1. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

I've about had enough this past two weeks of testing. It's been fine since the Revamp started but all of a sudden someone dropped a lag nuke on the Revamp. I'm not fond of the lag but it's something I can overcome; the delay when I'm in a Raid specifically is frustrating beyond compare. I can't test anything with it. My tray is always on a cool-down, my weapons are just increasing the hit counter while doing no damage, my powers don't do anything, I'm taking random damage while in a passive mode, my teammates are ahead of me while I'm still trying to fight the same boss they defeated 3 minutes ago. I love the Revamp don't get me wrong, I just want to know if anything has been causing these problems lately or if anyone else is experiencing this.
  2. RomperStomper New Player

I'm experiencing exactly the same. Esp. in raid fights all my skills have increased cooldown, weapon and spell dmg gets canceled or hits delayed. In most cases all my fellows stop moving, enemies walk through walls and I can't cast any spells. Still I'm able to read the chat and I can see my groups HP and powerbar jumping... The only thing I can do then is relog or teleport if not in battle and let me invite back. This holds me back comparing DPS or supporting the group as healer, troll or tank.
    It first happened on the 4th of May, one day before a server hotfix. Was hoping this update would fix it, but nope. I never had any network issues before.
    Devs, please investigate this!
    • Like x 1
  3. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

I lag every 10-20 seconds until I reset my internet. Can't even do competitive parses often so i try to squeeze them in the few windows I have.
  4. IamINC Dedicated Player

Latency , lag and connection issues have been rife since the GU
  5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Old & new game files will have conflicts causing all kinds of issues. 90-95% of so called bugs that people say never get fixed are because they do not clear all the garbage from their PC's on a regular basis.

Go into your Windows control panel and clear all of your history ( temp internet files, cache, cookies etc) on a daily basis. Always & I mean always make sure that you clear after any hotfix and update. (I cannot stress this enough)

After doing this and if you are still having some issues. Go to your game launcher and validate game assets.
    • Like x 1
  6. RomperStomper New Player

I'm having this issue on 3 different systems, one of them was set up a couple of hours before I installed DCUO test. It shows exactly the same behaviour. Router got newest firmware and got restarted several times. I think I did all you can possibly do on the clients end. BTW I never deleted any temps on my old system nor had to validate game assets and it ran perfectly fine for over 2 years. Just now all of the sudden I get those weird semi-DCs on all 3 systems. It seems as if the game doesnt refresh fast enough and as if it was waiting for more data.
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

You not clearing temp files for two years says allot. If you are not deleting your history & validating game assets then you are not doing everything on your end that you can do. This is exactly what the support guys are going to tell you to do.

I'm telling what the issues are when you have the issues you are talking about. It does not matter if your game worked flawlessly for two years or not. It just takes a one file with conflicts to cause issues. Whether it be one two or three systems. I do not have very many issues and when I do it's because I was lazy & forgot to do what I told you to do.
  8. RomperStomper New Player

I didnt have to clear temps or validate game assets on my old system. Now I had to, and ofc I did....
    Again: I DID ALL YOU CAN POSSIBLY DO. That includes validating game assets and clearing temps. And if you look through my previous post you will see that my newest system has been set up just some hours before I installed a fresh downloaded version of DCUO test. You cant avoid junk temps any better than that. Just 5 mins ago I was testing some Sorc Loadouts on my new system in the leaguehall and again.... delay and semi-DC.
    What makes me wonder is that all my other games run just perfect. No delays or judders. In PUBG I can play any server in the list without having issues, no matter where they are located.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Are testers still noticing this kind of lag today on the public test server?
    • Like x 1
  10. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Haven't noticed any lag today. Everything seems to run smoother.
  11. RomperStomper New Player

I am still having this weird lag, lets call it semi DC!
    Just to clarify:
    1. I have this issue on various sytems, one of them is a brand new PC with everything up to date.
    2. All junk files beeing able to cause connection issues have been deleted.
    3. DCUO Test has been downloaded and installed several times to make sure I have all files up to date and to avoid conflicts with older/replaced/overwritten files.
    4. Antivirus has been disabled to see if it causes issues
    5. Router is reset and got new firmware.
    6. NO problems with any other games, even some that need low ping/stable net like ego-shooters.
    None helped...
    Again, this first happend around the time the latest GU was put on test. I NEVER had any issues before. It doesnt behave like a disconnect or a simple lag, it is like the game stops receiving data from the servers for unlimited time. Only forcing the game to load the zone again is putting everything into a normal state. But only for some seconds.
    For example:
    In raid I can see my allies stop moving, enemies walking through walls and cooldowns dont reset. This happens after a random amount of time, it can happen at the very beginning (in most cases it is very early) or just before finishing an instance. Still able to read the chat and to move, while not getting a disconnect. After a teleport and a reinvite I can join the battle again for some seconds and then I get the same semi-DC.
    • Like x 2
  12. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

experiencing HIGH LATENCY.. all my moves are on cooldown.. I literally just got on and less than 5mins into the test servers, everything just lagged. I hopped on the forums 1 mins later to report now
    • Like x 2
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Could each of you tell me which of your characters you were on when you saw this?
  14. DemiGodRick Active Player

nice to see i wasnt the only one with the issue thought i was tripping.move stuck on cool down first time on PC side
    • Like x 1
  15. RomperStomper New Player

I've had this on both my toons on Testserver:
    1. The Ork
    2. Priest
  16. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

If it helps, my toon is Witch Hunter. Hope this gets fixed soon so I can do competitive damage... And support...
  17. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

Ok, thanks for getting the servers back up :)
  18. RomperStomper New Player

Noticable reduction of lag. No semi DC yet, I'll let you know in case I experience lags or semi DCs as soon as possible.
  19. Al Bundy Well-Known Player

Was on yesterday and still had lag. Only ran solo instances but the lag in the boss fights was really bad
  20. Pantera rosa New Player

Hello I wanted to comment, that two months ago the game is very unstable, too lag, you can not make an instance as it was before and it is very annoying. Please fix that, we are many with that same problem, I am paying every month, and because of that problem I can not play. :(