What's the worst that can happen if exclusive items were brought back?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Mar 14, 2017.

1. RLManuel Committed Player

The few people that got them when they first came out will be mad? lol don't use this excuse...
    The very few people that got them the first time will leave due to frustration? lol dcuo can survive without them...

I don't think anything bad will happen, the very few that got the items might be a little mad and they will probably still buy the items again for Alts or they will make a profit by selling them on the broker. I see it as a win win either way, those that missed out will get another chance and the DEV's will make money off a lot of people that missed out last time.

This most likely won't happen and that's ok, if they don't want to make more money that is.

What's the worst that can happen if exclusive items were brought back, or added to the Marketplace?
    • Like x 2
  2. EconoKnight XIII Legion

As someone who has most of the exclusive items (including pre-order Batman), it does not bother me if other people are allowed to get them. I don't even care if people are given an opportunity to get Back from the Hack. I believe everyone willing to pay should have some method to access everything in the game (whether it be marketplace or even as part of some one-off members only gift).
    • Like x 2
  3. Korvyne Committed Player

I dont like the idea of bringing back exclusive items. I missed some of them through taking breaks from the game and thats my fault. No one else's.
    What I would like is NEW items PUT IN THE MARKET PLACE FOR EVERYONE , im sure they can create ones as good as the Nimbus or black smoke again.
    • Like x 4
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 14
  5. RLManuel Committed Player

lol it's never ending
  6. Here2Help Devoted Player

I don't think previous exclusives such as cosmetics should be accessible to anyone at any time. I feel exclusive cosmetics do not have big impacts and so it's nice to have a bit of exclusivity for longer playing players. However, I do agree with you on the Back from the Hack feat. I feel having exclusive feat points is unfair as all feats should remain open and accessible. The cosmetics tied to the feat should remain exclusive as those that have it did go through a rough period and deserve something, but man, that something really isn't exclusive feat points. I was always and still am a strong believer and supporter of tweaking the feat to make it into a 0 point feat. This way no one unfairly gains anything (like people getting the feat even though they didn't deserve it) and those with the feat still have the exclusive rewards and stuff, just not feat points ruining the feat chasing part of the game.

*waits for all of the hate once again*
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You're missing the point: you don't go back on your word. It's not a matter of consequences. It's because it's wrong.
    • Like x 10
  8. RLManuel Committed Player

Kinda like how water was supposed to be out already, right? Since they did give their word
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

They never gsve a specific release date for water, just stated it's the next power.
    • Like x 10
  10. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I say this as someone who does not have any of the exclusive items:

The worst is that the Developers would have broken their word (lied)

Some players would lose whatever trust/respect they had for the developers (probably more than just the players who have the items)

Some would leave the game (again, probably more than just those w/ the items)

and the Dev's word/honesty/integrity could never be fully trusted again
    • Like x 4
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

All I will say is - how European of you. Your solution is to take away instead of giving everyone a chance to prosper.
    • Like x 2
  12. RLManuel Committed Player

But we were told a specific time frame. That's all I saying, but there is really no point in talking about a power that was supposed to be out a year or 2 ago. A least until the revamp is finished.
  13. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

[IMG]

I suppose some people will still be Charlie Brown if they take away the incentive to keep kicking the ball, but limited edition is the driving force that gives many virtual goods their value. Making them available again pulls the value out from under them.

What they could do, instead, is to make recovery kits for consumed styles. Recovered items could then made tradeable and would still have a limited amount within the game, or they could be made account-bound and exclusive items would simply make a resurgence of being visible in the game.
    • Like x 2
  14. Gimpy Loyal Player

We've been told "specifics" before and then "plans are never set in stone" when they decide to "shelve" "plans".

A year or 2 ago?

We are almost at 2 yrs since water was "Leaked" by Spytle on Twitter.

Any specifics on a release date for Stats Revamp yet?
    No?

Water?????????
    • Like x 1
  15. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Since devs decide to ruin this game i dont care anymore so yea you can have all those items you dreaming of for free .
    There is no such thing like in game economy anymore so yea write to devs ask them nicely im sure they can sale you all you can eat .
    They always doing BS like that 1st sale us total recovey kits /R&D radars then they make exobyte worth nothing or put rare items to time capsule so people will spend tons of money and then they make those items cheep as ..... becouse they add anomaly capsules.
    All of you who spend tons of real money should w8 for anomaly :) or w8 few more months more post like this one and we gona have all rare item in MP or in vendor for free .

So if u asking "What's the worst that can happen if exclusive items were brought back, or added to the Marketplace?"
    Here is the anserw :
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Exclusive has to stay exclusive for the people who spent hundreds on the premise that they'd never be available again. However, please stop with the exclusives. Make things unavailable for like a year after the Booster Bundles (for example) & then sell it direct on the MP, that way they get the want it now crowd & it can also be a future source of income
    • Like x 5
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Exclusive means exclusive. OG or whatever you want to call it is appealing for just that. I don't have any of those items, btw, but the point remains.

However, if what you want (and me too) is the appearance of those auras, I don't think it would be hard for the art team to simply adjust the color palette a few shades darker or lighter and call it something different. Instead of the OG plasmic, just tint it a little lighter and call it orange plasmic. Same thing with solar, just call it yellow solar or golden solar and make it a tad bit lighter yellow.
    • Like x 1
  18. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

UGH!! This subject is a constant thing in the SWTOR forums, since they do a lot of subscriber exclusives, now it has infested these forums too.

Exclusive is exclusive, it's over and done, never to be done again. These things do suck for those who have a collector mind set (me for one) but we all have to deal with it and move on.

The worst that could happen is a lawsuit. As stated by the SOE/DGC in the past, the preorder Batman Legend was a contract thing with the store that sold it, which is why it could never be rereleased again. Now I don't know if it is the same for any of the other things but I can guess they're in the same boat too.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It was meant to be out last year but no specific date was given for the usual obvious reasons.

Then they came up with the idea of the stats revamp which then made it pointless to finish then release a power that will then have to be redone almost instantly. There was no going back on their word with this since it is still going to happen.

Using the delay of a power to back up your argument, well it would be generous to call it weak. There is no connection between the two.
    • Like x 2
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

As others have already said, someone needs to look up the meaning of "Exclusive" in a physical dictionary, and then smack themselves in the head with it!
    • Like x 7