DCUO Teases Classic Comics in Upcoming Content!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Pults Loyal Player

Yeah, when I'm not playing it sure passes by fast. Can't imagine how you guys will continue playing those 2 raids.
    • Like x 2
  2. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

GREAT CAESARS GHOST! Can I get an amen! Bravo Devs. Bravo.
    [IMG]
  3. Ekart Committed Player

Let me guess. You will inflate the vendor prices and the amount of droped marks will be so low (again) that we can't finish everything this year. Except if we spend a ton of replays (around 1500ish was the norm for Anti-Monitor event). :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  4. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

One handles questions by giving answers.

So here's a question.

When is Water Power coming out?
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

After the revamp (although I'm sure you know this already).
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I said exactly this as soon as jackster said these events would replace some dlcs. That there would be some kind of incentive for people to be subbed for the event. Cause events are always f2p content. The end game version of the 8 player part for subbed people will probably have some better rewards, more marks, or a higher drop rate for certain items. And if it has better gear then the AF3 vendor gear? That will show me exactly the direction this is going in. Ofc we have to wait on the details but again i knew this was gonna happen. And funny how i saw someone already say "i cant believe all this content is being given out for free" when speaking about the event. It surprises me people cant see whats going on here. Cause if ya have to replay to finish the gear/style it doesnt end up being free right? Same with the end game version for members. That isnt free then.Part of the event is not free. But people right away say look at all this free content. But i cant fully make a judgement until i see/hear all the details. Gotta wait and see i guess.

I wanna be clear to, i am pretty much always subbed. But having to sub specifically for an event because its now being labeled progression and end game content? What happened to dlcs being progression and end game content? Maybe i missed it but i havent seen the answer on why these events are replacing dlcs. I think part of the answer is obvious. If there is better gear in there then AF3 and its up for a limited time and we need replays plus be subbed plus the TC stuff? Yea i will be joining ya on the leaving dcuo part. Just wish we had the details and didnt have to sit here waiting until the week before it goes live to find out how all this will work.
    • Like x 1
  7. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

If it's the case that episodes start to be replaced by these large scale events, that's a little scary, especially if it means I HAVE to be subbed to get to the top cr. As a premium, I would much rather pay for the locked content and keep it permanently (like an episode) to get to max cr and not be forced to sub up to get there.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Question is will the stat revamp be finished before the next episode?
    • Like x 1
  9. inferno Loyal Player

I'll respond to that since I was the one who was really surprised that these new events are being handed out as free content.

Yeah, it's free. Not a single player here has to pay anything to play most of that event; which contains open world, a 2, 4, and 8 content. Is that correct? Now in that same event the DEVS included 1 raid that only members can access. Wow! That's so terrible that people who actually pay for membership to have something extra? Why are some people always trying to look for things to amplify their anger and frustration in the game and the developers? There is no blindness in my part, I just CHOOSE to see things in their entirety.

As for the argument of using replay badges to finish the styles in the anniversary event; I never got into that argument because people already made up their mind regardless of the plain truth.
    Truth #1 Not everything in the event was intended to be finished in the time frame.
    Truth #2 Replay badges exist, they exist for a reason and they cost real money.
    Truth #3 The player has the CHOICE to decide to wait another year or use replay badges. Your CHOICE, Live with it.

Playing this game takes time. My Time. Time in a person's life can be quantified in monetary terms. A person chooses how to spend their time or to save time by spend money instead. There are things in this game that I choose to spend money on, and some I choose to spend time instead of money. That is my choice. I am not going to go around every single time, every single development, change, addition that a DEV does to complain. If I don't like what they put in, I just don't buy or spend time in it.

I know exactly what is happening here. Life. Business. Choices. Money. Time. I love DC. I enjoy playing DCUO. As far as I'm concerned they can put in anything and everything they want and charge what they want. I will choose to buy or participate or not. This game may end in 3 weeks, 6 months or continue for another 6 years. For me, it's a game. I enjoy it and I intend to enjoy it for as long as I can.

This event is free. Enjoy it or not. It's the players' choice.
    • Like x 13
  10. DCUO Gaming Well-Known Player

This^^^, deserves 1,000 likes if it was possible. Everything you said was just right on the bat.
    • Like x 4
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Fixed that for you ;)

(Truth to tell, I was just being nostalgic about the 'What Color Should Atomic Be?' era on these boards ... I was kind of hoping to kick up some Purple VS Green threads. :D )
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

january > anniversary event
    february > valentinesday event
    marge > mxysptlk event
    april > gigantic starfish
    may > spring event
    june >
    july > summer event
    august >
    september >
    october > halloween event
    november >
    dezember > christmas event

conclusion: devs are closing the gabs ^^
    there is still room in june (next year maybe)
    and there is no event in august, september
    and november... hope shines bright :D
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

June is new DLC
    • Like x 1
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

He was talking specifically about events.
    • Like x 1
  15. Scuzlbut Well-Known Player

Thats all about TCs?

This Informationen Flut...
  16. HarryHell Well-Known Player

If you have to grind all content of the event every day just not to complete the feats, I think im done with DCUO.
    After grinding AF3, and anti monitor event (when it was running) daily, i just can't do the same over again. Also having content were a fail is people getting bored of people not doing what they supposed to (there was not really any failing of AM event as you could re-enter after death), is no content at all, its more like a glorified vault thats even more annoying than the vault initially was.
    Now The grind in the game is to much (repeating mindless stuff over and over), the content offers to little in regards to both challenge and payment. If this continues I just can't keep loving the game, right now im mostly just logging in to do time capsule event mission hoping to get the collection pieces i need to finnish the feats (very doubtfull i do).

We need new content, I'm happy its announced, but episode in June? 7 months? If 6-months or more to release medium sized little challenging episodes with way to much grind is what the devs are aiming for, I'm done for sure. Grindy events were we get boosted or capped, where we cant really fail, is not my cup of tea either, even though i almost have an oc to complete all events.
    • Like x 2
  17. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

The same thing we do every night. Try to takeover the world.
    • Like x 5
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

Yeah, but i didnt count it as an event
    because it is a new DLC,
    not a returning seasonal event ;-)
    I hope next year, in june is coming one,
    So that with next year, there is allways
    A monthly returning thing.
    If so, you would always have some
    New feats and stuff to hunt...
    I would not mind, its cool for my alts...
    • Like x 1
  19. Sooner Well-Known Player

Let me guess you didn't read the comments for the past couple of months stating that they don't expect you to finish it in one go round, but they made it so they can bring it back and then you can start working on it again. I don't mind events that you can't finish in one go round, or else it gets to the point of why go there anymore. :)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

We have so many heroes and villains why we have to invent villains and heroes
    Here are some that I would like to see in the game

[IMG]
    Imagine we have the head style of Rorschach was awesome :)