Livestream thoughts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sir-Ivy, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

The quote about league halls bases needing to be more functional was on point.
    Making the league halls more functional with league hall amenities that function exactly like base amenities would be a great step forward. The slots are already there for the amenities it just needs to happen.

Also in reference to being able to charge batteries and things like that.
    A great solution would be making a portable mainframe/generator station like the portable R&D station.
  2. DynamiteGal Active Player

Thank you for the live stream and answering many of the communities questions and concerns. Very happy to hear that style unlocking is still in the works. That simple "yes" means a lot. :) Someone else asked the question in the q&a thread before the stream and I was hoping they would get to the question, but it got missed: Are the high numbers for the Lpve feats going to change or somehow be addressed?
  3. Jackster Developer

My key philosophy is always accessibility & usefulness. How can we make bases more of each?
  4. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Any chance for destructible open world environment? Buildings? muha ha ha ha
    • Like x 4
  5. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Good catch.

Would you like some MILK with those very perceptive cookies? LOL
  6. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Or remove limit of 6 for number of base amenities?
    • Like x 3
  7. comrade sonya Committed Player

Expand base item limit, this is important to a lot of people
    • Like x 2
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, I wasn't able to listen to but a few minutes of the stream here and there, but I did hear that last year was very successful with new players and longer retention of those players.

Keep in my mind that success was under the current play system and not this Stats Matter revamp. Something *is* working the way play is now; throwing all of it away for a from scratch revamp makes no sense at all.

If your car just needs a tune up, you don't junk it.
    • Like x 3
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

Here's a quick way to know something is wrong:

Try to attain any Material (Phoenix, Void, Cosmic) in the game without:

A. Spending over 200 U.S Dollars on Keys.

B. Spending over 200 Million (or more) In game currency. *With said currency being earned by simply playing the game - not through selling Marketplace bought items or items in the Time Capsules.

It is not "our perception" that the feats attached to these Time Capsules are unattainable unless we spend hundreds of dollars, It's a fact.

Also, let us not forget that this is a "free to play" game:

C. Attaining said Material (Phoenix, Void), by simply daily farming Key Fragments, without replays, within a 10 years or less time frame.

While all 3 options are far fetched to say the least, I find the last one to be the most unlikely to happen.

This approach cannot be healthy for this game on the long term.
    • Like x 21
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I appreciated quite a few of the answers given, and am looking forward to seeing what's planned for the test server.

I disliked the comment about Proxystar's "perception" because the forums are proof that it's the same perception as a good number of community members. They didn't answer whether the drop rates for rare items would be increased or stay the same, only mentioning that they're "tweaking". I wish they would explain what they think people should have to spend to get all of the items. Jackster mentioned that they want to give customers more than their 99 cents worth, but let's be honest, besides the main ultra rare collection piece, the other collections are practically worthless. Things are a little different with emblems, since different ones appeal to different people.

As far as the comment that they look at the value of things on the marketplace, I think what they meant was that in the original time capsule, the aura collections were only rare, not ultra-rare. Ultra-rare were the critical mod boxes. They must have thought they would be more sought after than the auras. When they discovered that people were more interested in auras and feats than the mods, things changed next capsule. And I'm not against ultra-rare items per se, since many mmos have special mounts or costumes that are pricey to obtain.

But my "perception" is that the drop rates are insanely extreme. No one should have to spend $400 to get everything in a capsule. The idea that it's possible to ever obtain them by free means over a period of time is ludicris, unless they imagine us opening time capsules into our 90s.
    • Like x 2
  11. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Im trying to watch it but its one big lagg i hope it will be y-tube version .
  12. Belthazur Dedicated Player

As a Person who has Opened..Far too many TC's (Check my Toon log Muzura USPC)
    I Have Opened Well into the Hundred's Possibly 1000 Bought Far too many Stabilizers.
    The Drops are NOT Working equally I Never received a Flaming Phoenix Feather (Had to Pay out the Nose for it)
    I also Never Received a Void Essence (Again Paid Horrid Prices).
    Sadly I have heard of Others gettin 3 or 4 repeats of the Ultra rare items. I have Bought my Zeus Orbital & Qwardian Henchmen.
    On top of Putting out 100's of Real Life Currency in the chase/hope of getting that item.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sooner Well-Known Player

Thought it went well...the big thing (for me) was the hint of the Legion of Super-Heroes, Fatal Five, etc.

The Levitz/Grell Earth War would be fun do run as a multi part DLC. Could even get Mordru and the Subs into the action...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I feel a little better about things mostly when Jack was talking about the ingame store for the stuff in the time capsules .
    • Like x 2
  15. Belthazur Dedicated Player

We already have a Portible Mainframe Bot
    • Like x 2
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The revamp is change, but it's not from scratch. We're taking our time and addressing feedback with extreme caution so that the best parts of the game don't get impacted, and the frustrating things do.
  17. Kayla El Committed Player

I used to play Tera Online and supported the game a lot by buying the cosmetic items directly from the marketplace. Once they introduced rng boxes with no guarantees that you'll receive what you want i basically stopped playing it. What i'm trying to say is that like myself there are many players out there who feel the same way and who would love to see these time capsule items put into the marketplace as direct purchases without feats attached to them. Hair styles, costumes, auras, trinkets, you name it we'd love to see more of these as direct purchases in the marketplace.

I want to keep playing and keep supporting the game however i can but please all i'm asking you to understand is that feats are one of the main reasons i play the game and i don't want to feel indirectly forced to pay real money to acquire them. Nobody likes that and people have stated many times that they are more then happy to support the game out of their own free will. It would mean a great deal to those of us who are so driven by these feats if you would consider removing them from future time capsules. A business can be very profitable if the customers are happy.

Thank you again for taking the time to address some of our burning questions and have a nice day!
    • Like x 2
  18. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Free Placement of Amenities would be a Major First Step.
    Allowing us to place up to 9+ Amenities is Step #2
    After these are Accomplished THEN...and ONLY Then Work on New Layouts/designs and such.
    I can't speak for all but myself I Never go to the Watchtower Unless Necessary. Watchtower sadly is a waste of Space and Totally underutilized for what it was designed for.
    League Halls need to be Addressed. Give us Missions or something to do with/in them. Another wasted Resource
    • Like x 2
  19. Jackster Developer

"Perception" is merely that sometimes there is a difference between what the actual odds are and what someone gets. So, for example, I opened a case of Heroclix and didn't get one of the Uncommons (which is statistically unlikely)....just an odd case.

A bunch of people have complained about the odds - so we're gonna take a look at the odds breakdown and see what we can fix.
    • Like x 11
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

He didn't mention that at all. What he said was that you could accumulate points to purchase things on a vendor that would have "cool stuff" to buy. But not the items from the time capsules. If you're hoping to save up enough to buy a flaming phoenix feather for example, it's not gonna happen, at least according to what they said. I wish it were possible because I think it's a fair way to ensure customer satisfaction, but what do I know?
    • Like x 2