MelvinWroteABook...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by melvinpox, Jan 15, 2017.

1. melvinpox Devoted Player

So this is true. Not sure if any of you old timers are still here but I wrote a book. It will be available on Amazon soon. Already available at the publishers website. In March I will be launching a cover art contest. More info to come. If there is any interest.
    • Like x 9
  2. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Ok. What's the book name?
  3. melvinpox Devoted Player

The Galgarim.
    • Like x 1
  4. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Interesting. Can you provide a synopsis?
  5. melvinpox Devoted Player

A fantasy. The start of a quest. One of the last Zupha`ar travels from the Netherness to the Galgarim to gather a group of misfits to assist him in locating the Tome of a mysterious King. Pursued by Hisselvain`s Council of Shadow they each need to discover who they really are and why they even care about this book and this King that may or may not exist.
    • Like x 5
  6. melvinpox Devoted Player

And crickets
    • Like x 1
  7. Deathmike Devoted Player

Old timers are busy writing books of their own. More info to come. If there is any interest.

Deathmike out.
    • Like x 4
  8. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Thought it was called "Melvin learns how to spell cat"
    • Like x 1
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  10. Aren Sul Committed Player

Congrats!!!

I published my first book on Amazon around Thanksgiving. I had a blast during the entire process, loving what I was doing, but worrying if it was good enough. But the day I opened the box, took out the proof copy and held the actual book in my hands - one I won't ever forget.

I hope you find the experience as rewarding and your book does really well.
    :)
    • Like x 5
  11. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

Congrats! I was kind of expecting a popup book with a removable nose, but it looks good.
    • Like x 5
  12. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

Congrats Sir. It is stuff like this that keeps me motivated to keep working on my own projects, enough about that, this is about you sir. Very awesomely cool that you have taken your work this level. I think there is something to be said for the act of contributing to a medium that one appreciates. I haven't had a lot of interaction with you here on the forums but Your name is one that is spoken with a air of respect and the like. Very happy for you and your efforts to reach this place with your work. I wish you all the best and much success sir.
    • Like x 5
  13. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

Congratulations on your accomplishment. Those long nights, with the ceaseless, clicking, clacking, tapping of finger tips on to a keyboard are finally over...... or is it? mWah-ha-ha-ha... AHH-HA-HA-Ha-ha-ha....
    • Like x 5
  14. Korvyne Committed Player

I remember ya, you used to "live" in the jokers funhouse section giving us all a laugh with zeus if I remember.
    Congrats on the book.
    • Like x 3
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Oooo, a fantasy. I like it already. Congrats good sir. Will definitely check it out.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. melvinpox Devoted Player

Is there anything you can't do? And who are you again?
    • Like x 1
  17. melvinpox Devoted Player

That will be coming soon!
    • Like x 1
  18. melvinpox Devoted Player

Thank you sir. I have read much of your stuff. Well done.
    • Like x 1
  19. melvinpox Devoted Player

20. melvinpox Devoted Player

In all seriousness, if anyone has any interest in doing the art for the cover please let me know!
    • Like x 1