Lantern DLC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VV, Oct 17, 2016.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

I kinda figured. Was just making a point. And we all have different tastes amirite? I personally think spreading out to stories and characters who arent in the game yet is better then going back to stuff we already have. Thats just me tho. If they did more lantern stuff id like to see em have hal, sinestro, kyle, jon etc with the other rings they have worn. Like a yellow hal, white sinestro and kyle and indigo jon stew. I was pretty disappointed in how wotl ended. So i wouldnt mind more lantern stuff. But down the road more. After they have introduced some new stories/characters that arent in the game yet.
    • Like x 3
  2. Ichiro Loyal Player

I wouldn't mind another lantern DLC to give WOTL trilogy a proper epilogue send off since the main story kind of got screwed by the monthly content
    • Like x 1
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Same could be said for all the Amazon/Wonder Woman content.
    • Like x 3
  4. Controller Devoted Player

Perhaps in a year or so we "could" do an Anti-Monitor visit

[IMG]

But for right now I'd like other stuff to be explored / revisited.

I wouldn't mind an Arkham Asylum revisit or retouch...I was helping a CR 37 Rage this weekend there and forgot how fun that place is.
    • Like x 2
  5. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

Personally I find the titans a snore. I would definitely be up for some classic villain stuff. Some full on Joker, Riddler, and or perhaps even something nutty with the Mad Hatter ala Batman the Animated Series.
    • Like x 2
  6. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

My main is a green lantern and my off is a yellow.
  7. ashtin1979 Well-Known Player

That's another set of content I find dreadfully dull and ripe full of snoring sessions. Wonder Woman is so self-righteous I actually prefer Circe over her!

I also believe Cyborg would do best if properly recycled into a fabulous matching set of kitchen appliances.
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can fully understand the burnout factor some might be feeling with Lantern-related content. That part of the DC universe has gotten a lot of focus in the game so I'm sure some are weary of it. Thing is, it's a popular, signature part of the fictional universe we get to play in. Even with some growing weary of it, there's going to be some that just can't get enough.

Personally I can wait a while for more Lantern content; I'm not burnt out on it but I think we can spend some time exploring other parts of the DC universe. But I don't see us done with it simply because it is such a significant part of the DC universe. It'd be like trying to ignore Jedi in a Star Wars game for an extended period.
    • Like x 2
  9. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

YOU FORGOT ABOUT ANOTHER LANTERN POWER!!
  10. AccelT Well-Known Player

I would like to see one more lantern DLC... but only because the Blackest Night's ending felt a bit disappointing and it was stated that White Lanterns would "never" be included in DCUO and now we have that corps' emblem.
  11. megamanzero Loyal Player

7 episodes out of 26...that's not even half. it's barely over a quarter. that's not too much
    • Like x 1
  12. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How about we take at least a year for anything other than lantern stuff??? As some here have mentioned, we need some variety in this game...and the DC property has TONS of untapped storylines that can be adapted for this game. Crime Syndicate, Legion of Superheros, stuff with Shazam/Constantine/Etrigan/Eclipso/Tala, more JSA, Doom Patrol, some real Green Arrow stuff, Birds of Prey (we have all the players don't we). Let's expand some. We can come back to lanterns a bit later (and who knows, maybe by then they can figure out a way to add a healing lantern and have it make sense here).
    • Like x 3
  14. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

I agree with you, we need more variety but... lanterns dlcs are the most enjoyable in this game(at least for me) and they should never stop creating more content about it.
  15. Zlohsac Committed Player

I have no color preference but I just want a lantern Healer. Just feels wrong to have a lantern troll and tank but no Healer.

As for lantern content, i'm pretty indifferent.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm not saying never again...I liked the Lantern content pretty well also....it's just that there's so many other sides to the DC Universe...so much potential for different cool styles (like the Legionnaires;) ), why are we getting stuck on Lanterns mostly?:confused:

Between the Nexus of Realities and Rip Hunter, we have plenty of timelines and alternate realities to explore...so let's go there, and a year or so later we come back and give the Lanterns a proper story (Blackest Night was a seriously pathetic ending to an otherwise good trilogy).
  17. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Your right 7 out of 26 episodes is not alot but for one aspect of DC comics it really is much more then you realize. lets break things down to make the numbers seem more far looking at it as 7 out of 26 is favorable for the Lanterns but to fairly judge we can just break down the content we got out of everybody who does have content:
    Lanterns 7
    Flash 1
    Amazons 3
    Raven/Trigon 5
    Joint Episodes (battle for earth origin crisis home turf last laugh) - 4
    New Gods - 4
    League of Assassins - 4
    Gotham Sirens - 3
    Kryptonian - 5
    Legends of Tomorrow - 3
    Dr.Fate/Magi - 1

Obviously Lanterns still have more content of almost more then half the average which is about 3 or 4. But this is not even fair because this really isnt all ful episodes some are shared episodes even for lanterns so for comparing 7 lanterns episodes is false because thats 3 episodes with singular missions added in the mix. If we were to break it down by the mission then the numbers really show more.
    Only doing the top 4
    Lanterns 20
    Amazons 18(including Amazon Fury 3)
    New Gods 13
    Trigon 9

20 out of all the DLC missions would seem small but when you break down each mission to there respective content characters Lanterns lead by a large number only with Amazons close and thats not including Battle for Earth because that was more about Brainiac and the Avater of Magic even still its 19 then. I would not cry about another Lantern DLC but Lanterns have been getting DLCs thru every phase of DLCs DCUO has went thru from the first DLC then the first Trilogy DLC to the being first in the broken up Monthly Episodes with Bombshells. First time capsules content. Lanterns have almost gotten enough love to be a stand alone game. Nothing against Lanterns but I want to go to Atlantis see Black Manta in game, Go to Mars with Martian Manhunter, Fight with Shazam and get some more magic character DLCs, Have titans content outside of trigon, Doom Patrol, Go to the 31st century and meet the Legion of Superheroes. To be honest we need a good 2 year break from Lantern stuff it has become a safe go to for DCUO as far as content it was good to draw in lantern fans now lets get other stuff in there, Aquaman has a movie coming out so does Flash he could use another DLC and have Zoom be a proper villain of it vice versa for Heroes. Point is Lanterns even if we dont agree have to much content we can agree they have the most content the facts are there why make the gap bigger let DC and Daybreak explore the full DC universe next time I want to see Hal and Sinestro is in a Justice League/Society DLC which we do not have or in a Anti-Monitor DLC which should be far off from now. Lantern Healers can still get the next Healing power slot because powers and episodes are on there own now if DCUO decides to do so I wouldnt care either way as long as I have my Shadow Controller.
    • Like x 3
  18. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Ironic, considering that most of the game is just repetitive grind, Until the next content release, which will replace the current repetitive grind with a new repetitive grind. :rolleyes:
  19. Tsigalko Well-Known Player

enuff with the lanterns already.

i'd prefer if they add more joker contents. i mean he's one of the 6 mentors, yet he's the only one we haven't seen pass lvl 30, except for that last laugh dlc cutscene which don't have any storyline.
    • Like x 1
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think the devs might be in a bind with Joker content. Players didn't like the changes in voice acting with Booster Gold and Harley, so I can't see a change in the Joker's voice going over well if they had to replace Mark Hamill. Mark Hamill is considered by many to be the iconic voice of the Joker, and they really scored big getting him and Kevin Conroy to reprise their respective roles for this game.

There might also be some influence from DC on that, with DC saying no to Joker-centric stories. But that's purely conjecture, we just don't know what DC might be thinking. But if Daybreak wasn't able to get Mark Hamill back to do the voice for Joker content and the replacement actor fell short, it's tough to imagine the content being well received.