This is going to be the episode we all deserved

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lt Skymaster, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

I can't tell just yet, but from what we saw in the stream, the locations are spectacular, the models well polished and everything looks fantastic.

I mean compared to the riphunter model we got. This is really on another level.

Kudos to the devs, and all the art team.

We just gotta wait and see how are the mechanics and such, but so far it really seems intresting!
    • Like x 10
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

I wasn't able to watch the stream, could someone give me a quick summary of what they said they will implement?

inb4: "AF3".
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Not really it's not a big as some we've had in the past and almost all of it takes place on the same map and the styles other then the godfall set look ike they belong in ESO also with as pewpew as the game has become it's going to be a nightmare finding groups to deal with the kind of game play it looks like it will have.
  4. Gimpy Loyal Player

Time to pull the controller gear out of storage, a bit rusty so going to have to work out the kinks in lower content.
    • Like x 3
  5. hrwd Well-Known Player

solo, duo, alert, raid, raid, elite raid, elite raid. edit: open world stuff in Gotham.

3 and 1 / 2 new styles(Toga, kinda Gladiator-ish, Superman Godfall). Snake head item(you look like a Gorgon).

And what is written in that GU post.
    • Like x 1
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

It seems like is full of mechanics. Thats cool.
    Some locations look amazing, and some look reharshed. But overall, its a good looking DLC.

Styles are nice too. The only thing i dont like is...what the hell does that Superman style has to do with the content? But the style looks really great.

Togas are cool, but i dont care much about them. The Medusa head style, now thats cool.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Not a fan of the new styles but i like the new missions
  8. Megzilla Developer

Godfall Superman... =)
    • Like x 6
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

ok
  10. Caroline Dedicated Player

New places too see, new styles, new mechanics, new characters, even a new, epic hairstyle!

I am very happy with this and I really can't wait to try it out. :)
    • Like x 2
  11. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

So true my friend. This episode is the reward for our long-suffering, patience, and endurance.....
    • Like x 1
  12. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes but...
    "Superman: Godfall was a 2000s story arc in the comics featuring Superman in adventures through the bottle city of Kandor.
    The story revolved around an amnesiac Superman living with his wife,Lyla, in Kandor."

The style is great i just dont see what does that have to do with this DLC. And i dont like that, just like i didnt like getting Lantern gear while fighting Trigon.
    • Like x 2
  13. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

There was a time when gear styles made sense with the content they were being dropped with..That time is long gone
    • Like x 2
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Very excited for this episode.

The new loot system is exactly what many of us have been championing for, for literally years. 3 years for me personally. This has the potential to keep me engaged long enough for the developers to produce new episodes. I love how I can work towards everything. That encourages me to log in daily, instead of just waiting for the raids to unlock. I may even use replay badges again, seeing as they've finally followed through on Best gear via a non-random method.

The art is outstanding. The environments are incredible. Even the basic stuff such as the sandstone walls looked incredible. Styles look really good, too and something different instead of the same old "here's a set inspired by (DC Comics character)". Those type of sets do have a place in the game, but doing them non-stop turns everyone into cosplayers. The Medusa head style looks amazing, too. That caught me off guard.

I'm probably even going to hold off looking at/covering most of the content on the test server until it actually comes out. Right now feels a lot like how I used to feel back in the day.
    • Like x 7
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

They mentioned it in the stream. The Olympian gods thought the idea that the Earth nearly worships Superman as a god to be quaint, and decided to amuse themselves by offering a Superman style gearset. They're gods, they do capricious stuff all of the time. Especially the Greek/Roman gods. Those guys always had really off the wall motivations.
    • Like x 2
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Yep. I mean...im all in for more variety in styles, but not just randomly like it is now.

But, again, dont get me wrong, i really like that Superman set.
    • Like x 1
  17. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Yeah same here, mixed feelings about it. Oh well :p
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's the same size as most quarterly episodes and takes place on 3 entirely new maps, plus others. There will be a livestream replay up where we showed them all, soon.
    • Like x 6
  19. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Art on the new instances looked really great.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We are fighting the Olympain "Gods", and they find it quite humorous that we humans have stopped worshiping them, and instead worship this "false" God named Superman. Since this DLC is about a fallen God (Hades), we get "Godfall" gear.
    [IMG]

[Special Note]: They don't want to be constrained style wise by the content. People have asked for many styles...they will start giving it to us. This was one of the ones requested before, and apparently (hallelujah) they liked it enough to go with this one now...especially with the last Episode's theme (Kandor and Supes). I can understand that for some, it's more consistent to keep all the styles related to the theme of the episode...but that would mean way too many months before we see any variety style wise (this episode will contain styles relevant to the theme with a little something not directly related...variety). :D
    • Like x 4