Lost respect for Lebron

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Malachyte, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

So Lebron James, the best basketball player in the world, 6' 8" 250 lbs got all upset because Draymond Green stepped over the line and called him word that rhymes with "WITCH"

Really, Lebron ?? you all upset and bothered and he crossed the line calling you that ??

That is something everyone calls each other playing ball on the playground and even middle school kids bust that out...

Lebron - Perhaps next time, you should go to Adam Silver and complain that Draymondor anyone else who uses bad words at you and file a complaint that you are being "Bullied"

I was pulling for the Cavs all the way this year, but after hearing this...man I hope they get blown out...

Lebron really does belong playing in this generation of soft players...
    • Like x 3
  2. Morcra Committed Player

I dont think you understand something here. Its one thing to be called a ***** mockingly. with no serious aquistion or any real malice in it. But its just another to do it in a competitive stance that actually does mean something. Its like gloating over your victory. This was the finals were both teams were going hard and you decide to **** talk. Not to mention the low blow.

Lebron even stated it wasnt really anything. Just a matter of pride. Greens got skill and all, but he needs to gain some skill in closing his ******* mouth..
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

I get that, and I played a lot of ball in my day, (just not Basketball...lol) and been called all sorts of junk in playoff and championships....it comes with the territory and quite frankly being called a B*TCH is no where near crossing the line....

Now if Draymond said something about his wife and kids, yes that's different, but being called that...come on....LOL
    • Like x 1
  4. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One has no respect at all and never will for Queen James. There is only one number 23 that matters. Michael Jeffrey Jordan.
    • Like x 4
  5. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Welcome to the club
  6. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

People had said worst and the game was heated. So it was cool for LBJ trying to pull an Allen Iverson on a dude he knocked down who was trying to get up? LBJ is suppose to be a pro and not a High School player who loses control. And what's with him telling the media? LOL he needs to grow up and realized he hurt his own chances by always taking MAX deal. I guess the 1 billion from Nike wasn't enough?

I'm a Lakers fan who lives in the Bay Area, so I want GS to win. Do you think Curry got all heated when he was shooting bricks in the first two games? Did you also see LBJ trying to force his will on Curry like a bully who was upset because the nerd is smarter than him? LBJ is a punk who will probably never win another Championship unless he changes his way.

I'm sorry but if you can't take the heat don't act like you are the best in the game.
    • Like x 1
  7. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Kobe right after MJ.
    • Like x 1
  8. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I'm still a Lebron fan, but acting like a "you know what" after being called a "you know what" doesn't really help his cause. I'll kind of chalk this up to finals basketball and players are just being extra salty, I mean they spent a whole season getting to this point and they are one game away from it ending.

Stats don't really show this, they both need to step up.
  9. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

Bron needs to realize that he can't muscle his way to a championship. He needs to take a pay cut and build a bench.
    • Like x 1
  10. Malachyte Devoted Player

Man, Lebron pulled a disappearing act in game 4 big time....not only did he play small, but he played scared to even shoot the ball
  11. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Cavs spread offense is just too stagnant with too many players just standing around watching. Even when it's successful, it's still a lot of standing around. I think if Lebron wanted to, he could put up numbers, it's just that he wants to do it in a way that keeps his team involved.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    In some ways it works out better for the Warriors that their stars aren't as physically gifted and they still have to rely on team play. The Warriors rarely ever run iso plays like the Cavs. I think if Steph was 6'8 the team would be just watching him throw up threes instead of getting more involved.
  12. Malachyte Devoted Player

I like GS team ball play, but they rely too much on 3 point shooters....if they played when you can actually still play defense they would be the phoenix suns of 90's
    If teams were allowed to hand check and allowed to really play defense, GS would be a 2nd round team at best...
  13. Pr0tojay Committed Player

My only problem with what you said is that it took you this long to finally lose respect for this guy? I lost it a long ago, and ive known who the guy was since he was 14 yrs old.
    But theyre not in the 90s. Theyve mastered how to play in their era. Those teams of the 90s would have extreme difficulty guarding this team in this era. If they try and be physical like the old days then most of their starters getting fouled out by the 3rd quarter.
  14. Malachyte Devoted Player

Agreed, Phil Jackson hit it on the head when he said Lebron needs to pull a MJ and totally dominate. I don't get why he doesn't fright train to the basket and get some guys into foul trouble.
    I know its impossible to get Curry in foul trouble because he never actually plays defense on anyone, but he can get AI and DG and get Kyrie driving on Klay.
  15. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Why are all those pictures from last years finals? Mike Miller or David Lee arent on the teams anymore lol.

Anyway, i think the cavs real problem is defense. In all losses theyve given up an average of around 107 points, while their lone win they held them to 90. This team cant really guard anyone, especially Kyrie and Love. Not to mention they have no shot blocker in the paint. The Miami teams that Bron was on he actually had great defenders on the team. The defense would bail them out whenever their offense struggled.
  16. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

I can't wait to see GS celebrate after tonights game. :D

Lebron is as kobe would say "soft like charmin."
  17. Malachyte Devoted Player

I did have respect for him and his game his first go around with Cleveland, but like everyone else I soured on him with the whole Miami heat thing, but I understand why he did it. Problem is winning championships being a hired gun going to a Superstar team will get you rings but not the legacy I'm sure he craves. Even if he won 5 straight, no one would hold him to the same level of MJ, TD, Kobe, Magic etc...
    Now, he is probably beyond frustrated knowing if they loose this final its ALL on him. He picked the team he picked the coach he picked how they play...so its all on him and he's probably having an oh crap moment that he is going to hear 2-5 in the finals.
    Don't get me wrong, getting to 7 finals is a awesome achievement, but 2 rings isn't as good as 5/6 when it comes to GOAT legacy..

and you're right, GS absolutely mastered how the game is played now...no physical defense allowed so they are thriving on it. OKC had the best shot at beating them as they have long, athletic players that can cause trouble for them, which they proved they could, however they choked it away...
    I like GS and like their team oriented play, I just don't care for it when people get all crazy and start calling Steph the GOAT and the best shooter ever ....sorry Reggie Miller and Ray Allen were just as good shooting the ball to name a few ....
    • Like x 1
  18. Pr0tojay Committed Player

I agree with everything you said except the last thing you wrote. Reggie and Ray have gone on record saying they were never as good as Curry. Even Jerry West himself said that hes never seen another shooter like Curry.

I think the difference between all of them is the degree of difficulty shots that Steph takes. Those guys werent consistently pulling and shooting around 50% from 35 ft. Not to mention those guys would mainly shoot their 3s off screens while Curry can do it all, but is more deadlier with pull ups threes off iso than those guys ever were. This is coming from a die hard Reggie Miller fan. I had his autograph and the whole 96 Pacers rosters too.
    • Like x 1
  19. Malachyte Devoted Player

Being a die hard Knicks fan, I have seen more then I ever want of Reggie on TV and in person.
    But I got to give the devil his due they guy was an awesome shooter and I think Reggie is just trying not to get caught up in it saying that. You know as well as I do with Reggie being 6-7 with those long arms and great foot movement he could make every shot Steph can and then some, if he were allowed to play with the gloves off.

don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from Steph, he is a great shooter but if he had to deal with all the hand checking and physical play he would get tired down and wouldn't be able to keep his stamina up being 6-3 175.

I like Steph alot, but this whole first time unanimous MVP ?? and GOAT from a guy that doesn't play defense and is allowed to roam free is a bit much and folks get a little carried away with it.
  20. Pr0tojay Committed Player

Reggie took different types of threes so i dont believe he can take the pull up, off balance threes that Curry takes at times. Reggie mainly wanted his feet set when he shot it, just like Klay does. You gotta remember Curry averaged 5 threes a game, FIVE. Reggie and Ray barely hit half that many a game during any year of their careers.

The hand checking and physical play didnt effect Reggie, and he was a stick figure/twig. Im sure Curry would be perfectly fine with it too as far as stamina goes.

Look people keeping knocking Currys defense, but the stats tell a different story. He held the guy he guards under 41% shooting all season long, not to mention he led league in steals this year. And i know he didnt guard him all that much, but he did hold Westbrook under 33% shooting in WCF. He doesnt guard the best players all game, but thats not his fault. The game plan is to save his energy for offense and keep him outta foul trouble. But when he does guard them he consistently holds them below their averages.

As far as the unanimous MVP goes, i dont know how there hasnt been unanimous MVPs in the past. When you look at this season specifically though, there is seriously is no other player that deserved a vote for MVP. Not Bron, KD, Russ, or Kawhi. The 73 wins and the several records Curry broke this year, plus the most efficient season per 36 mins stat wise of all time made it unanimous.
    • Like x 1